Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww that is cute! :rofl They were trying to be cool guys, too.

A Tim Horton's opened in MI just before I left, and there was a huge uproar! (It is a small town and there really are no donut shops/bakeries.) I should ask my parents if it is still there. The coffee was so good!

Tim Hortons is probably closer to Dunkin' Donuts than Starbucks. It is tried and true not so much trendy. Tim Horton was an NHL hockey player that started the coffee shop. He died in a tragic motorcycle accident. They do have Timmies in some US states, but here it is crazy. EVERYONE goes there on the way to and from work. They even have a Timmies at the Canadian Armed Forces base in Kandahar.

Wow, her paintings are amazing! You must be very proud.

I am also a Starbucks girl. So is my oldest- she could say "Starbucks" by the time she was 2. :blush:lol

Yes, they do love it. A little piece of home. I guess the British soldiers like it too, but while the Canadians get the good strong traditional coffee, the Brits by the sweet English Toffee Capiccino. That and piping in the hockey games to keep our guys and gals feeling more at home.

Thanks All- about Lili!

And I'm a Starbuck's gal too- and I like the bold coffee- it is my treat everyday on my way to work- I stop each day and bring my own travel mug (get a big 10cent discount for that). My niece worked at Starbuck's during HS and she would get a lb of coffee each week (a little perk) and whenever I visited my brother in Pa she would always give a me a few bags---boy do I miss that!

I always make my coffee at home, but I do enjoy going out to a coffee pub for a Latte as a treat once in a blue moon.

What does everyone else have on this weekend. Vicki to NY, LeaAnne to the Cape, Joanne to Philly...Stacy?

Leanne, we have them in Targets here. A Target opened down the street from us about 4 years ago, and dd and I used to walk there about twice a week, for "essentials." I knew the barista by name and she made up little cups of the iced blended's for dd. She loved the strawberry one. :lol

Archived