Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

Hey ladies!

:hi Shannon! Welcome home. Sorry to hear you are crisp. LoL @ "grody!" That is a really cool pic you shot!

Vicki- good luck packing without distraction tomorrow. Glad you liked the movie. :yay

Leanne, sorry you can't find that title! It is always in one spot until you try to find it, right? LoL That's how it works here, anyway.

Joanne, Beth, Jennifer- :waving Hope you all are having a good day.

I can't wait to hear how the meet-up went for Mary and Colleen! :yay

I have been :lurk'ing today. Stupid George came 2 weeks late and I am :grumpy. We got a "new" old a/c from another unit and I had to fight just to get that one. I also found out today that our manager gave 3 other people brand new a/c. So tomorrow when one of them gets the new one put in, I am going to march right over to her apartment and let her have it. I don't normally lose my temper but I am tired of there being a double-standard. :tryme

Last night I assembled my laundromat afghan. All I have to do is finish the border and weave ends. I had planned to do that this morning, but was super-lazy and let the girls watch 2 movies while I laid on the couch. Then we painted pictures, had lunch, and went swimming for 3 hours. An altogether lazy day. :blush

Well I better get going and finish up the dinner dishes. Maybe I can get the border finished now that I am up and around.

:hug to all!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I'm so sorry you guys are worried! :blush I must've been posting as you all were. Yes, there was a 3.5 yesterday, and it shook up my monitor a bit but other than that, everything is fine. It was actually very far away from us and was fairly small so it is odd that anything here even moved. As a reference point, anything less than a 5.5 is usually not a big deal. :tup

Stacy!!! I missed you today! I'm glad you're okay. Sorry about George. I hope you feel better tomorrow. It sounds like you had a nice day with the girls though!:manyheart:hug

The visit was ok. I'm told that he is on some kind of anxiety meds due to the trauma of the stabbing, and he was acting a little funny. At least the girls didn't notice. They went swimming and we had pizza for lunch. It was nice to see him. :manyheart

:whew... DH will call the insurance company tomorrow, and see if they can take care of getting us a duplicate title. He said ":2nonoway am I to go in the attic... for heaven's sake, you'll pass out!" since summer finally got here, my attic is easily 115 degrees, with no circulating air... :jumpyay!

problem solved! I gotta love that guy:wink

Glad to hear that you are ok Stacy-and I agree with you about the AC. What's up with everyone else getting a new one? Doesn't seem fair to me. Glad you had a lazy day- George will make you do that sometimes. Can't wait to see the laundromat afghan!

OK everyone, I know you've been impatiently waiting. Sorry it took me so long to post, but I was at work.

Mary and I met at the yarn store and had a wonderful time. I met her DD, who is lovely, and her ADORABLE grandkids. OMG they are so adorable. I got my Mary square :yay and I'm not giving away her surprises ;). After the Mary and her DD tore up the yarn store like a hurricane (these ladies don't shop slowly!), we went for lunch. So, I got to hear all about their craft shows and we talked a bit about all of you and it was lots of fun! They are very nice people and it was a fun day! Thanks Mary!

OK, I'm going to post this now and then come back and chat some more.

Yes, I agree with Joanne... can't wait to see that 'ghan! And I am glad that the visit went well, even if he wasn't at 100%...

I know, Joanne, can you stand it?! The suspense is Killing me!!!

Shannon - I love your pic from the aquarium! I hope your peeling stops soon and it is so nice to have your humor and fun stories back around here. Even when they are GRODY! I haven't heard that word since I was a teenager :lol.

LeaAnne - Good thinking to not bother with the attic and just see if you can get another one. I hope you got some relaxing in today and I'm glad to hear summer has come to your house. We had heat today, but it is still cloudy. It is supposed to be humid here for two days, more rain to come.

Stacy - Glad I missed all the worrying about you being in an earthquake! I think they were all just waiting to hear from me and Mary and looking for things to write about :rofl. I hope you feel better soon. Stupid George.

Joanne - :hi I hope you are relaxing with some :crocheting after the work-a-day world.

Vicki - I'm glad you liked the movie. Good luck with your faulty backyard wiring and happy packing!

Scooby, Jennifer, Beth - :hi! I bet Beth is just lost without her poor van.

So, my day was pretty enjoyable. I went to a yarn store (didn't buy anything because I have a good stash going right now), went out for lunch, and then I went to work (I guess I gotta work sometime). Have a great evening, I see a lot of you are on - line, so I'll stick around and enjoy the chat.

I agree, it is green all over! Stacy, I forgot to say I can't wait to see the laundromat afghan. That 'ghan will probably invoke involuntary Tide scent for you, or something like that :rofl.

Oh, I almost forgot. Mary told me I should log on tonight and tell you all that she is a grumpy old grandma. :rofl Her words, not mine. I don't think anyone could be grumpy with those kids (so cute!) She's a lucky grandma! :):manyheart

Colleen!! Yay- you had a great time meeting Mary and her DD and her grandkids! This is too funny with all the "green lights". Can't believe she is a "grumpy" old grandma! And now you and only you and she know what her square is like. Can't wait until we all get ours. From the work I've seen posted it is probably as awesome as yours!

No, I haven't been crocheting tonight- too excited and impatient to hear from you and Mary about the "hook up". Watching the Yankees win 5-0 against the Tampa Rays. I just couldn't concentrate on crocheting with all the excitement.:lol

I'll catch up on a square tomorrow night when all is quiet with DH at class!

I have another funny story (sorry, I knew I had to post quickly to calm the curiousity that was brewing here!). Mary and I have the same colour of van. Isn't that funny? And you know how several of you have a red van (I can't remember who it was, but I seem to recall that several of you have a red van). Well, anyway, when I got to the yarn store I parked beside a red van. It had a big scratch in the driver's side door. When we left the yarn store and drove toward the restaurant, I parked next to the exact same van. It was so strange. And then I thought of how several of you guys have red vans and it made me think of you. So it was like you were all there. Kind of corny, I know, but it was one of those things that make you think of someone (or several someones as the case may be.).

That is a neat story about the red van. I think LeaAnne has a red van and there was someone else too I think. Kind of makes me wish I had a van again! My DH has a red Monte Carlo SS (or as I affectionately refer to it- his midlife gotta have a sports car once in my life car) So since he has a red car, then I am in the group you were thinking about today.

LeaAnne- hooking up a VCR over the phone- that is crazy......

:rofl... my MIL is at the Cape with her "club" this week... they are a group of friends who have been together since Junior High! They always have a ton of laughs... anyway, one of the girls brought a VHS tape of her retirement party, because she thought it would be fun to watch. The VCR was not hooked up, so they called me to talk them through the hookup (funny how MIL thinks I'm so smarticle!:heehee) Anyway, I go through the whole thing with this lady, whilst all the rest of the gang is in the background :rofl:rofl :rofl at her! They are so funny!

... so am I gathering that we should have called ourselves the "Red" car club?! :rofl... that is too good! Before my red van (may it rest in peace), we had a red Buick. the "I" had fallen off, so it became the red BUCK!

:hi everyone!

I am lost without my red van, but at least we have a sedan that I can drive. It doesn't have a/c, but the windows go down. I went car shopping with my dd today, and found a great deal on another van. I made arrangements to test drive with my dh at 6, but the salesman called -- someone else bought it before I got there. So dh and I went to a Ford dealership, and looked at about a kazillion cars. I am going back tomorrow, hopefully when it isn't raining, to test drive a couple of them.

Colleen, it would be awesome-ness to meet everyone. I am so glad you had a chance to get together with Mary. What fun! I love the red van story.

LeaAnne, :rofl about setting up a vcr over the phone, and not even for your direct relative!!! I could see my parents calling me, but the friend of a parent? That's priceless.

Joanne, if you find a good badorkus ignitor for getting the squares done, please let me know. I haven't been able to crochet much at all lately. Too antsy.

Mary, I hope you had fun today -- grumpy grandma, HAH!!! From what you've said about your grandchildren, you sound like a wondlerful grandma!

Vicki, Stacy, Scooby, Jennifer, and Shannon, I wish you all a wonderful night. :hug

Archived