Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Oh I hope y'all don't get too damp :hug We'll be headed back to Waco here in just a bit. Didn't make it to JoAnns yesterday but I'm hoping I can rouse BD here in a bit and he can take me :D

Have a safe trip home, Cara. :hug

I have GOT to get my gifties together and sent out. My brain was just wandering around on it's own for several months but I'm feeling better now :rofl

:rofl:rofl

One of my favorite sayings is "Of all the things I've ever lost I miss my mind the most" :D

:rofl :rofl

Hi, from the house in the woods. :hi No one's gotten a turkey yet, but they've heard and seen quite a few. We're having lasagna for supper tonight. I have to put it in the oven in a few minutes. I'm on row 10 of the shawl and have completed 4 preemie hats so far. We're watching the Lord of the Rings series on TV today. All for now. :manyheart

Ooooh, those are my favorite movies. :manyheart Have fun!! :yes

Hello everyone! I have 20 more solids to report. I hoped to have more done but it didn't happen. I hope you all have a great evening. :ghug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my favorite sayings is "Of all the things I've ever lost I miss my mind the most" :D

:lol :lol

We're home again :yay It was fun to go but great to be home again. Misa is ignoring me. I think she has her tail in a twist :cat:lol She'll get over it.

I'm exhausted. :faint Didn't realize just how tired I am until I sat on our sofa. Didn't make it to JoAnns in SA but I'm nothing if not persistent. We had to stop in Austin on the way home for BD to pick up a computer for one of the guys here so I got my JoAnns trip in Round Rock. He tried to tell me that it was too late because I didn't notice it until after we'd passed the exit. I wasn't going to be detered though :2nono So he drove up the interstate a ways then circled back :devil I got enough of the pounders to make two baby blankets and two frames for the photos I took for my sister's b-day.

I'm done now :lol BD actually had to go BACK to work to work on that computer. Thank goodness he's still hourly. This will be a huge paycheck at least.

John got himself a turkey tonight. :ttalk He got in about a half hour ago with a one year old "jake" (young male turkey) that weighs about 18 pounds or so. Very pretty color on the feathers. He's happy. :tdance

Hi all! It's been a while since I poked my head in here. Haven't worked on my Chains 'n Diamonds in a while, not since I realized I used the wrong blue for some of the saltines :blush.

Hopefully I can get back to it soon. Once a get a few rows put together, I'll post a pic.

Speaking of turkeys....we drove by and saw two wild turkeys the other day, a couple hundred feet from the road. (in WV).

Hi all! It's been a while since I poked my head in here. Haven't worked on my Chains 'n Diamonds in a while, not since I realized I used the wrong blue for some of the saltines :blush.

Hopefully I can get back to it soon. Once a get a few rows put together, I'll post a pic.

Speaking of turkeys....we drove by and saw two wild turkeys the other day, a couple hundred feet from the road. (in WV).

Have you ever seen a turkey vulture? Gross-looking. Now and then we see them on local roads or the highway, cleaning up the roadkill:yuck

***...save the "wrong" saltines for another project - or a charity. There are always those that will take them to use in their own projects.

Yes, we have turkey vultures around here too. :yuck The opposums are pretty unsightly as well. But the absolute worse thing I ever saw was....(don't read this if you're squeamish!)......a lone deer head, :faintright on the shoulder of the road early Sunday morning on the way to church. (shudder). Yeah, I live in the sticks.

Good morning ladies :flower

Ahhh slept a nice long time last night :lol After another couple of days of that I might be caught up on my sleep :lol

I did get two whole baby 9-patch blocks made and sewn together last night :yay Today though, reality rears its ugly head. We've got laundry to do and the house was clean when we got home. But now all the stuff we lugged back home needs to be put back where it goes, have to actually make supper (should've brought my MIL back with me...I like her cooking better :lol), etc etc :sigh

Ah well, I knew it had to end :lol

We're home again. The turkeys are in the freezer, but I'll let you know when we plan to cook them. The back of my Celtic Knot Shawl is now half done and I've completed 5 1/2 preemie hats in assorted colors and sizes. No two of them are alike. I can crochet while we ride in the car but not knit with double pointed needles. :hook I'm too new at using them to try that. :lol :lol :lol

Hello everyone! I have 20 more solids to report. I hoped to have more done but it didn't happen. I hope you all have a great evening. :ghug

Hi Cherri! I've added 20 more. :hook

Tia ~ We love pictures. :yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Ahhh slept a nice long time last night :lol After another couple of days of that I might be caught up on my sleep :lol

I did get two whole baby 9-patch blocks made and sewn together last night :yay Today though, reality rears its ugly head. We've got laundry to do and the house was clean when we got home. But now all the stuff we lugged back home needs to be put back where it goes, have to actually make supper (should've brought my MIL back with me...I like her cooking better :lol), etc etc :sigh

Ah well, I knew it had to end :lol

Super progress on the 9-patch, Cara! What colors are you using?

We're home again. The turkeys are in the freezer, but I'll let you know when we plan to cook them. The back of my Celtic Knot Shawl is now half done and I've completed 5 1/2 preemie hats in assorted colors and sizes. No two of them are alike. I can crochet while we ride in the car but not knit with double pointed needles. :hook I'm too new at using them to try that. :lol :lol :lol

Wow, you've gotten a lot done over the weekend. :cheer Glad you all had a good time. :)

Yesterday was a really good day at DD's. The four of us reworked shrub beds and they're all freshly mulched. DH left town this a.m. and I have made a start on my Spring cleaning. Some things haven't been done in way too long. :lol If my hands will cooperate after all the yard work and floor cleaning, I'm going to crochet this evening. :crocheting

Grats to John on the turkeys! :clap

Super progress on the 9-patch, Cara! What colors are you using?

I'm using the Caron One Pounders in Rose, Soft Pink and White. I'm so glad to be able to make girly things for a change :D

Yesterday was a really good day at DD's. The four of us reworked shrub beds and they're all freshly mulched.

I bought a geranium for the porch last week (and it hasn't even gotten stolen yet). This is the most gardening I've been able to accomplish in years :lol

Cara - the best solution to getting garden pots stolen from your porch is to put it in a deeper pot than it needs and put weights in the bottom of it.

Yes, I've done that and folks still take of with them. :lol It's gotten to be a bit of a joke in the family. I've lived in half a dozen places in the past 15 years and my plants ALWAYS get stolen :lol Hopefully this time it won't happen.

I love the way your evil little mind works :rofl :rofl

Cara --- how dare you insinuate that Krystal has an evil little mind .... oh wait she does have an evil mind ... I agree with her though...

Oh yes, I have an evil mind.

If you ever want a mean and evil idea, ask me. Just be forewarned - some ideas are WAAAAAAAY off left-field! :lol

:rofl

Good Morning, everyone! :)

I'm using the Caron One Pounders in Rose, Soft Pink and White. I'm so glad to be able to make girly things for a change :D

It's going to be so cute in those colors! :yes

I bought a geranium for the porch last week (and it hasn't even gotten stolen yet). This is the most gardening I've been able to accomplish in years :lol

I love geraniums. I've had hanging baskets and pots stolen over the years. The police said they were very easy to steal and then take to a flea market and sell. Where we live now is so quiet that it hasn't been a worry...the only cars we see are neighbors.

The Spring cleaning continues. :lol Not sure how long this mindset will last, but I'm pretty sure the upstairs isn't in the plan for this week. :D I joined one more row of squares last night and was in bed by 9:30. Have a great day. :manyheart

Hi, Mary:hug

Stuff gets stolen around here off and on - never happened years ago, though, back when this neighborhood was known locally as the "FBI ghetto" because of all the agents who lived here. Little did people know - they were almost never home, working the long hours they did:lol

I finished cleaning upstairs and now have to declutter my office. I pulled stuff out of a cabinet, so I 'm forced to finish the job - plus I want to do my desk drawers. They are very, very cluttered. I'm not even sure what's in there any more!:lol

It's cold and dreary here...a perfect day for stuff like that.

Have a good one, hon:manyheart

Archived