Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Good morning everyone. It's sunshine and warm temps here today. Hooray!! We've had two really chilly days and I'm so ready for it to be warm and nice. I bought 3 climbing roses and want to get them planted, but didn't do it yet because of the cold snap.

I worked on one of the baby quilts I'm making yesterday. It's getting there. I always seem to line up more things to do in a day than there are hours to do them. :lol I'm also working on getting my latest snowflake instructions posted. Two down and two to go with that project. Here are pictures of them. One for February, March, April, and May. I'm actually a little ahead of schedule on my goal of designing one for each month this year. I'm not real fond of picots so they are used very sparingly. :lol :lol

DCP_1567.jpgDCP_1583.jpg

DCP_1584.jpgDCP_1585.jpg

very pretty snow flakes!

ITS FINISHED!!!!

The geo is dooooooooooooooooone, I'll post pics later today when the teefer baby isn't so upset :clap:D

3427273630_4c1ec34bff.jpg?v=0

3426464915_f9f93592eb.jpg?v=0

:manyheart

Nice job! :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erin, it's very, very pretty!! Nice job! :yay:clap:yay

Kim and I have been running errands most of the afternoon. In particular we were looking for hats and trimmings. We've been invited to a Kentucky Derby Party and the theme is hats! Featured colors are black, red, and gold. Everyone is supposed to come up with a hat (and outfit) that expresses their personality. We found a black straw hat for Kim and have silver-dotted white tulle, red roses in several sizes, and red birds with black tails for decorating it. I may have a black or red felt hat downstairs that I can use. Didn't find anything that I liked in the hats. So far I have red and black feathers and some gold beads for decoration.

so glad I took a min. to look at this because it just what I wanted, now I need to finish up things on the hook so I can get started if I can find the colors, I only have walmart so thats not good .but I can start the checked one for my grandson untill I get the colors for the other. so will be see you ladiies around and I can't wait to see some of the comforts done in other colors:yay:c9

3427273630_4c1ec34bff.jpg?v=0

3426464915_f9f93592eb.jpg?v=0

:manyheart

Oh Erin! That is absolutely stunning! I love the colors! Great job :clap

Erin, it's very, very pretty!! Nice job! :yay:clap:yay

Kim and I have been running errands most of the afternoon. In particular we were looking for hats and trimmings. We've been invited to a Kentucky Derby Party and the theme is hats! Featured colors are black, red, and gold. Everyone is supposed to come up with a hat (and outfit) that expresses their personality. We found a black straw hat for Kim and have silver-dotted white tulle, red roses in several sizes, and red birds with black tails for decorating it. I may have a black or red felt hat downstairs that I can use. Didn't find anything that I liked in the hats. So far I have red and black feathers and some gold beads for decoration.

Now that just sounds like entirely too much fun! I hope y'all have a great time :hug

so glad I took a min. to look at this because it just what I wanted, now I need to finish up things on the hook so I can get started if I can find the colors, I only have walmart so thats not good .but I can start the checked one for my grandson untill I get the colors for the other. so will be see you ladiies around and I can't wait to see some of the comforts done in other colors:yay:c9

Well, most of the colors I use in the afghans come straight from WM. I try my best to stick to Red Heart colors because I know that is all some folks have available to them because I was in that situation for YEARS! :lol Good luck to you and welcome to the group! :hug

I've been fighting with those recordings all day! :thair The stupid software was playing up most of the day. Then BD came home and told me what to look for and taught me some more things. So tomorrow I should be all set to go. You think I can record about 32 pages in 8 hours? :rofl Gosh I hope so :D

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart

That sounds like so much fun! As creative as you are, I just know they'll be wonderful! :yes

Hi! We'd love to hear what colors and patterns you decide to do. :)

I've been fighting with those recordings all day! :thair The stupid software was playing up most of the day. Then BD came home and told me what to look for and taught me some more things. So tomorrow I should be all set to go. You think I can record about 32 pages in 8 hours? :rofl Gosh I hope so :D

You can do it! :cheer Let us know how it goes...maybe you can read, record and crochet all at the same time. :hook

You can do it! :cheer Let us know how it goes...maybe you can read, record and crochet all at the same time. :hook

Mary, that is naughty! :2frog That's worse than rubbing your stomach, patting your head, and hopping up and down on one foot all at the same time! (Which I can do, BTW.)

It's drizzling here this morning. A perfect day to sleep in, but now I'm awake and probably won't. I'm getting close to having the first baby quilt done. I want to finish that today. :sew And I'm still working on the second prayer shawl. I've got 8 more rows and the border 4 rows to do on it. :hook

I finished posting the patterns for the snowflakes last night. They are in the Free Original Patterns section under "Snowflake Quartet" if anyone here wants to try them. The March one is the only one that has anything even half-way complicated in it. (A front post triple crochet stitch.)

:hiHi everyone! I just got back from running errands and now I have time to crochet. :clap No saltines done yesterday. :( Instead, I worked on that stupid spiderman blanket (that I want to tear up and throw away). I'm sick of looking at it. It's done except for the webbing. But, I also made a couple of little purses for charity. I thought they were so cute. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98430

I hope to do something constructive today. :yes

Cara - I don't envy you that recording task. It sounds awful. :(:lol It's so nice of you to do it. :hug

I hope everyone has a great day!!! :ghug

Howdy folks

I thought I'd jump in quick to give a shout out to Emerald --who I see has allready posted ! Jump on in and make yourself at home, Emerald . The ladies are all great about welcoming new people to the group .

Erin, your quilt-ghan turned out very pretty . Nice work !

Linda- thanks for sharing your snowflakes, and you guys have fun designing some nifty hats -- we'd like to see photos of them when you find what you are searching for .

I've been MIA here for awhile again -- busy studying for my LPN card ,also doing some other reading ,and of course tossing in some crochet here and there .

Hope all are well in here . I dont take enough time to stop in as often as I should, but do come in once in awhile to read the newest page of posts .

You all have a nice Easter weekend, wherever you are and however you celebrate . We probably wont be doing much any different than usual . Cam is gone all week with his other grandma out of state, so no kids to have an egg hunt with .

Talk later -

Linda- thanks for sharing your snowflakes, and you guys have fun designing some nifty hats -- we'd like to see photos of them when you find what you are searching for .

I've been MIA here for awhile again -- busy studying for my LPN card ,also doing some other reading ,and of course tossing in some crochet here and there .

Nice to hear from you, Julie. My hat took a giant leap forward this morning. I went hunting through some sewing odds and ends earlier and found some black and gold lace and gold trim for my hat. The tulle and birds are on Kim's hat and look great. Of course, I'll take pictures of the finished products. It wouldn't be fair to you here not to share.

We're still growing...Cherri and Kristy joined in this week. :hook As always, please let me know if I've made any mistakes or other changes need to be made. :)

Cara (Misa)

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Denise (denisethorpe) 1435

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1201

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1110

Val (Priszm) 1008

Mary (Skysmom) *** 946

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***932

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Dusti (rii698) *** 448

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 307

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Judy (judianne) 282

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Selanda (crocrazy) 206

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Jessica (jessicagil) 143

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Cherri (Cherri) 60

Donna (sewnsew) *** 56

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

Hi Julie! You sound like you're keeping busy. :) How is your knee? I hope it's continuing to improve. :manyheart

Cherri ~ The purses are adorable! Your work is so pretty. :yarn

Linda, yay for figuring out your hats! Yes, you know we'd love pictures. :yes

Wildlfires came within about 10 miles of us yesterday and things are covered with ash...but it's a pretty day and we're going to do some yard work. I have to take advantage of DH when he's in town. :lol

Wildlfires came within about 10 miles of us yesterday and things are covered with ash...but it's a pretty day and we're going to do some yard work. I have to take advantage of DH when he's in town. :lol

Thank you, Mary. :hug That must be so scary having fires so close. :eek Have fun in the yard. :)

Oh heavens no! :lol I am simply NOT very coordinated :lol

Mary, that is naughty! :2frog That's worse than rubbing your stomach, patting your head, and hopping up and down on one foot all at the same time! (Which I can do, BTW.)

It's drizzling here this morning. A perfect day to sleep in, but now I'm awake and probably won't. I'm getting close to having the first baby quilt done. I want to finish that today. :sew And I'm still working on the second prayer shawl. I've got 8 more rows and the border 4 rows to do on it. :hook

I finished posting the patterns for the snowflakes last night. They are in the Free Original Patterns section under "Snowflake Quartet" if anyone here wants to try them. The March one is the only one that has anything even half-way complicated in it. (A front post triple crochet stitch.)

:rofl I can't even do the pat your head and rub your tummy thing. The family thinks it's very funny to get me to try. Mother used to call me "Grace" every time I would trip over thin air :lol I really want to try your snowflakes! I think they'd be lovely package decorations :yes You are just SO talented! :manyheart

:hiHi everyone! I just got back from running errands and now I have time to crochet. :clap No saltines done yesterday. :( Instead, I worked on that stupid spiderman blanket (that I want to tear up and throw away). I'm sick of looking at it. It's done except for the webbing. But, I also made a couple of little purses for charity. I thought they were so cute. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98430

I hope to do something constructive today. :yes

Cara - I don't envy you that recording task. It sounds awful. :(:lol It's so nice of you to do it. :hug

I hope everyone has a great day!!! :ghug

Oh those bag are to DIE for! :drool Did you take that photo? I'm always thrilled by great photos as well. That's one of my other hobbies :yes Actually I enjoy the recording. I used to do voice work for a living. I just get frustrated having to do it this way. I'm used to a studio and an engineer which DH was for quite a while a few years back. I might end up getting him to do the engineering :lol He did the first two sections for me last night :manyheart

Howdy folks

I thought I'd jump in quick to give a shout out to Emerald --who I see has allready posted ! Jump on in and make yourself at home, Emerald . The ladies are all great about welcoming new people to the group .

Erin, your quilt-ghan turned out very pretty . Nice work !

Hope all are well in here . I dont take enough time to stop in as often as I should, but do come in once in awhile to read the newest page of posts .

You all have a nice Easter weekend, wherever you are and however you celebrate . We probably wont be doing much any different than usual . Cam is gone all week with his other grandma out of state, so no kids to have an egg hunt with .

Talk later -

Hiya Jules!!!! :hi:jumpyay You just jump on in here when you get a chance. We love hearing from you no matter how rarely :manyheart How goes the LPN studies? I'm so very impressed that you are taking charge like that :manyheart

Nice to hear from you, Julie. My hat took a giant leap forward this morning. I went hunting through some sewing odds and ends earlier and found some black and gold lace and gold trim for my hat. The tulle and birds are on Kim's hat and look great. Of course, I'll take pictures of the finished products. It wouldn't be fair to you here not to share.

I cannot wait to see this hat! It sounds like so much fun :D And of course it wouldn't be fair not to share :wink

Hi Julie! You sound like you're keeping busy. :) How is your knee? I hope it's continuing to improve. :manyheart

Linda, yay for figuring out your hats! Yes, you know we'd love pictures. :yes

Oh dear! I didn't even know y'all were having fires :eek I really should watch the news once in a while. It just upsets me and angers me so much that it's best to avoid it :lol

Okay, just checking in. Now back to the recording :D

Oh those bag are to DIE for! :drool Did you take that photo? I'm always thrilled by great photos as well. That's one of my other hobbies :yes Actually I enjoy the recording. I used to do voice work for a living. I just get frustrated having to do it this way. I'm used to a studio and an engineer which DH was for quite a while a few years back. I might end up getting him to do the engineering :lol He did the first two sections for me last night :manyheart

Thanks, Cara. :hug Yes, I took the photo. It was just good lighting. I'm really not that good at it. :lol That is so cool that you did voice work. You must have one of those sexy voices. :lol:lol I hope hubby helps with the rest of the engineering. :yes

ok Iam going to do the casablanca in green, purple and in white or cream and Iam going to do thecountry checked in the black in white for my grandson. Lets see what I need and am on my way to the store.:cheer

Ooooohhh, the Casablanca is so beautiful. I can't wait to see yours. :cheer:clapI'm sure your grandson will love the country check, too. :yes

ok Iam going to do the casablanca in green, purple and in white or cream and Iam going to do thecountry checked in the black in white for my grandson. Lets see what I need and am on my way to the store.:cheer

Way to go on deciding on patterns and colors! They sound great. :yarn

Cara ~ Did you find the RH Collage at JoAnn's? Ever since you posted your scarf picture, I've been wanting to try some. It's been a mystery to me how that yarn just knows how to make that color pattern. :lol

It's been a beautiful day here and I love working in the yard when it's not too hot or too cold. The beds are about ready for flowers and DH is going to till my herb bed tomorrow. :)

That's fabulous Emerald! :clap

Way to go on deciding on patterns and colors! They sound great. :yarn

Cara ~ Did you find the RH Collage at JoAnn's? Ever since you posted your scarf picture, I've been wanting to try some. It's been a mystery to me how that yarn just knows how to make that color pattern. :lol

Actually I got the RH Collage from Judy as a b-day giftie :D I have no idea where she got it :blush But I do love it :yes

I'm not even halfway through this recording :lol But my sister didn't feel like coming into town this evening so I got a reprieve :D She's been in Dallas all day with a friend who was taking the state cosmetology board (she passed with flying colors btw). So she'll come get everything tomorrow afternoon. I told her I might not be completely done by then but I'd have a CD ready for her by the time she gets off work with what I have by then. Hey, some is better than none, right? :lol

Hi, everyone. We're still in one piece here, but it's been a wild evening so far. The tornado sirens went off at 6:00 and within a few minutes of one tornado warning expiring another on starts. I've lost count of the number of times the sirens have gone off. We're still under a severe thunderstorm warning until 10:30 and a tornado watch until 1:00 am. I've decided we're staying in the basement tonight, because there is no way that I could get Kim back down there after she's had her bedtime meds. I'll get her all bundled in a recliner for the night and we'll be fine. Stay safe everyone who's getting rough weather. I'll check back in in the morning. :hug

Archived