Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Yes, ouch, but I try not to think about it. I'm still in denial. :lol Actually, I'm good. :)

We sound like sisters under the skin: I have the exact type of outlook that you do!

CU all later:hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cherri, if you don't mind, I'd like to save that heart chart you posted. It would be my next big saltine project after I make finish the ATW!

I see you posted already - thanks!

:eek WHAT???? You enabled encouraged me to make one (which is FINISHED!) and you are still busy with yours??

Cara - was that a subtle hint that I'd better either pay up or get out? :rofl

Nah, just picking on you :D Wouldn't be the same without you :manyheart

:clap:clap:clapYay!!! Thank you. It's so nice to meet you guys. :hug Oh, feel free to take the chart for the heart quilt and do whatever with it. :yes

Hmmm, does that mean that I might be able to add it to the HYH site? :D I love featuring other designers :yes

Thank Krystal. No, I'm done with treatment and am in remission. :clap I'm still disabled because I never totally recovered from my stem cell transplant. I tire VERY easily and still have pain but I'M HERE!!!! :clap Thanks for asking. :hug

Just so you guys know, I have multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer).

Oh wow. Not cool :no I'm so glad you're in remission :hug

Yes, ouch, but I try not to think about it. I'm still in denial. :lol Actually, I'm good. :)

Ahh the state of Denial. My second favorite state next to Texas :rofl :rofl

Okay, on that bad joke note, I really need to get back to sleep :lol BDs no longer snoring and my headache is gone. Gonna feed Tuon then go back to bed. I will catch y'all in a few hours :hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart

Cara ~ Your newest scarf is gorgeous! I love both the yarn and pattern. :cheer Oh, and couscous is really like a ground pasta (seminola) that takes on whatever flavors you mix with it. :)

Mary, supper sounds :drool. Still working on the box diagonal ghan. :hook Also worked on chocopink ghan and :knit a couple of rows. Haven't done much, Denise dragged me out the house this morning when she went to the doctor and then we went shopping. :lol I got some yarn and patterns. :dreaming

It sounds like a great shopping trip. I hope Denise is feeling okay. :yes

LINDA! So glad you're back online...we've missed you a lot. :yay

:welcome Cherri! Your patterns are lovely. We're glad you're here. :hook

:hi Mary. Denise is okay, yesterday's appointment was for her repeat prescription. Actually, she isn't as fine as she could be. The computers at the surgery at crashed, her doctor wasn't in, so the locum or whatever he was, refused to give mom the repeat because he couldn't access her file. :angry He said the she should have it by Saturday, but her meds ran out last week and Tuesday was the first appointment they could fit her in, so she isn't entirely happy. :no But I think the bit of yarn she bought yesterday and playing on the Wii cheered her up a bit. :yes

Hi Tracy! So sorry about the wasted trip to the doctor...no one seems to be able to do anything without a computer anymore! I think it was Donna who called yarn shopping "retail therapy" and it's sooo true. :D

Off to do some of that 5 minutes of torture cleaning. :lol

:hiHello everyone! I have a question. :think

Is this CAL only for the designs on Cara's site? (They're all beautiful, by the way:yes) The reason I ask is because I've been making some quiltghans and thought it would be nice to join in. I'm not making a design from happyyellowhouse.com at present, though. I'm making one that I tried to lay out myself. :eek

BTW, here's the last one I made:

http://cherrisblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/cfac-rainbow-heart-quiltghan-done.html

And the chart:

http://cherrisblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-project-rainbow-heart-quiltghan.html

Here's the one I made before that:

http://cherrisblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/cfac-webstore-quiltghan-finally.html

And finally, here's the one I'm starting now. I'm doing the top chart.

http://cherrisblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-quiltghan-which-one-should-i-do.html

So, am I allowed to join or should I wait until I do one of Cara's designs?

:hug

Cherri, welcome to the group. Your work is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the multicolored heart. Cara has inspired a number of us to create our own patterns and has put some of them on her website, too.

Cara - was that a subtle hint that I'd better either pay up or get out? :rofl

:lol :lol :lol

K - you could always make a potholder or two out of saltines:lol:lol

I love it! :rofl:rofl

It's so much fun being back. Morning everyone. Hi, Judy, Mary, Krystal, Cara, Tracy, Denise, Donna. :hug

(and BTW, if you really want something to cut into hour housework, go over to the SKY CAL, where Wendy the Enabler lurks)

:rofl:rofl:rofl

:yayHaving to showcase Cherri's heart ghan should indeed cheer up Cara since she lost all her files for her upcoming designs.

Hello and welcome Cherri.... I'm a fellow Central NY 'er .... born and raised in Canastota and now living near Oswego (on Lake Ontario) ... Saltine making is fun ... I like taking quilt patterns for sewing and making quilt-ghans out of them....

Hello and welcome Cherri.... I'm a fellow Central NY 'er .... born and raised in Canastota and now living near Oswego (on Lake Ontario) ... Saltine making is fun ... I like taking quilt patterns for sewing and making quilt-ghans out of them....

Hi Shelly! It's nice to meet you. Oswego area, huh? Didn't you just get nailed with snow? I thought we got a lot of snow but I couldn't handle it where you are. :thair . I've been trying the same thing with sewing quilt block patterns. I have a whole bunch of graphs done already. Now I just have to make the quilts. I think I have enough ideas to keep me busy for decades. :lol

It's so much fun being back. Morning everyone. Hi, Judy, Mary, Krystal, Cara, Tracy, Denise, Donna. :hug

And we're really glad you're back! :cheer

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! It's nice to meet you all. :ghug

Cherri, I've read through part of your blog and your work is wonderful! You've made so many beautiful things and I'm sure they are much loved. :hook

Hi Jessica and Shelly!

:hi I've been busy :crocheting. My Grandpa's lady friend, someone very close to the family, sold her house and she's going to be moving back to MI to live with her kids. She also crochets, but not as much these days and she keeps things simple, scarves or simple afghans. I'd shown her the FBB I did and she loved it, wanted one. This Sunday is likely the last time I'm going to see her and her sister. So I've been working my little hands off on items for them. The body of the FBB is done, I just need to do the handles. And I'm 3/4 done with the squares for her sisters H bag. Between that and working, I've been busy :lol

Cara, I love the colors in the new scarf. They're so pretty.

Cherri, I've read through part of your blog and your work is wonderful! You've made so many beautiful things and I'm sure they are much loved. :hook

Thank you, Mary. You're very kind. And thanks for looking at my blog. :hug

Cheri,

Wow, I checked out your blog. I love the trim work on the heart quilt-ghan!! All of your work is wonderful but I especially thought the little girl dress was sooo darling..

Cheri,

Wow, I checked out your blog. I love the trim work on the heart quilt-ghan!! All of your work is wonderful but I especially thought the little girl dress was sooo darling..

Do you mind sharing how you did the white ruffly border?? PLZ PLZ

Archived