Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

:yay Mary. Can't wait to see her. :hook

Thanks, Tracy! I can't wait to see her finished. ;) I have tried several times to get comfortable with the rev. hd stitch and my lack of coordination is obvious. :lol I think I'll use plain half double crochet for the border.

Not this one :lol I am using left overs of my Simply soft and am mulling over an idea. Once I have the most of the squares done I'll start mapping them out and see what I come up with :lol

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.:hook

Hi Cara! Have fun with your nephew and his GF. I'm glad you're feeling better today. :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, all. :) It's a beautiful day with no wind for a change. I've been planning some menus this a.m. and need to go shopping. DH will be in town all week...that is so rare and I really get out of the habit of cooking. :blush Tonight we're having Shrimp and Corn Chowder from Cooking Light.

Can't wait to start on Miss Angel's border this afternoon. :hook Have a great morning/evening!:manyheart

Good Morning, all. :) It's a beautiful day with no wind for a change. I've been planning some menus this a.m. and need to go shopping. DH will be in town all week...that is so rare and I really get out of the habit of cooking. :blush Tonight we're having Shrimp and Corn Chowder from Cooking Light.

Can't wait to start on Miss Angel's border this afternoon. :hook Have a great morning/evening!:manyheart

Check out Kraft's Food and Family archives online as well. They have some pretty yummy recipes. And they're quick and easy!

Morning ladies :flower

Just sitting here waiting for my sister and my nephew and his GF to show up to pick up their housewarming goodies. After that I'm going back to bed :lol I only slept about an hour last night and my tail is dragging :yawn

Thank goodness BD is on vacation all next week and I can just sleep :D

:eek We were almost going to page 2! :bump MIL is in the hospital, so I'm going with DH to see her. They don't think she will be there long - she fell during the night and they want to take x-rays and check her over.

See you all later. :manyheart

:eek We were almost going to page 2! :bump MIL is in the hospital, so I'm going with DH to see her. They don't think she will be there long - she fell during the night and they want to take x-rays and check her over.

Awwww...it's always something, isn't it? I hope she's okay:hug

Oh no :( Poor MIL :( I hope she's okay :hug

No, I'm not just getting up :lol We've been doing chores today. It's so nice to have the extra help BDs been giving me :manyheart And he hasn't groused even once :eek

Check out Kraft's Food and Family archives online as well. They have some pretty yummy recipes. And they're quick and easy!

Hi Val! Thanks for the idea. :yes DH's first job after college was with Kraft and I still have some of their recipes from the 70's. :)

Cara, Yay for BD's help and that it's without an attitude. :D

MIL has a broken right wrist. :( DH will take her for a follow up with the orthopoedic (sp?) dr. tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes for her. :manyheart

Hi Val! Thanks for the idea. :yes DH's first job after college was with Kraft and I still have some of their recipes from the 70's. :)

MIL has a broken right wrist. :( DH will take her for a follow up with the orthopoedic (sp?) dr. tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes for her. :manyheart

You're welcome! You can also check out Publix (www.publix.com I think). They're a local grocery store and they do some pretty yummy recipes that they post on their website. Look under Publix Aprons.

I've been busy lately! I finished these 2 RR's to send to Sissie for Victory Junction.

th_RRsforSissie.jpg

You're welcome! You can also check out Publix (www.publix.com I think). They're a local grocery store and they do some pretty yummy recipes that they post on their website. Look under Publix Aprons.

I've been busy lately! I finished these 2 RR's to send to Sissie for Victory Junction.

th_RRsforSissie.jpg

Val ~ I just love your RRs! I have never tried one... But, I was going to ask all of you gals for an idea of a pattern to make for a housewarming gift for my good friend. She likes, "blues with a bit of tan here 'n' there," and I could not put my finger on which pattern would work with those two colors. :think Color and designing are NOT my forte :P Please, please do not suggest another IC, I am still recovering from the Double IC I worked on all winter. :lol But, I can see great potential for a RR in those colors. Can I bug you and ask how many rows of each color you crochet before you change, on average? Again, looks great, and they will be much appreciated!

Yaay for everyone's angel-ghans :clap Lovely! Very nice pattern, Cara, and I am really enjoying the different versions that are floating around our thread here :yes

Please add another 22 solids, please, Mary. I decided my 'bus' needed more road on which to rest, so I quickly stitched another row to attach under its wheels (currently working on the Bus & Big Rig Cuddle). I have all of the horizontal rows joined and about 25% of the vertical stitching completed. It's coming along so quickly. I am trying the whip-stitching method of joining for the first time, and it is going much more smoothly than the method I used -- don't think I could even describe it to you all, as it was cumbersome and putsy -- to this poing. I did like the method Linda described a couple of weeks ago with sc stitches, but I do not picture that working well on a picture cuddle ghan :think:think Again, it is something I have to think about and "just try." This Bus-ghan is for my neighbor, who will be traveling down to the Mayo Clinic in April for treatment. If all goes well, I hope to have the border finished and pics to post by the end of the upcoming weekend.

We have been fighting flood waters for the past 8 days :( We have not been evacuated, yet, but I believe it is merely a matter of time. Last week, I packed our essentials in two Rubbermaid bins and put them in the back of DH's truck. Granted, we live out in the middle of acres and acres of fields, but our land is bordered by 2 really large County ditches. One of them has breached its banks and washed out the road east of us. The road north of us was closed off on Thursday, and we are keeping a close eye on our road to the south, as that is our only way out. DH tells me that as soon as the water crosses that road, we have to leave :( So far, so good, though. Temps were really chilly over the weekend, and no more snow melted to add to the high rivers. I do not think I have ever been that happy to have temps below 20 degrees... If it lasts a little longer, the rivers should reach their crest-levels, and then all of this water can just flow on out of here :yes Let's hope!

Hi, to everyone!

th_RRsforSissie.jpg

They look great Val! :clap Love the color choices.

Owie, poor MIL :( Hope she heals real quick :hug

Val ~ I just love your RRs! I have never tried one... But, I was going to ask all of you gals for an idea of a pattern to make for a housewarming gift for my good friend. She likes, "blues with a bit of tan here 'n' there," and I could not put my finger on which pattern would work with those two colors. :think Color and designing are NOT my forte :P Please, please do not suggest another IC, I am still recovering from the Double IC I worked on all winter. :lol But, I can see great potential for a RR in those colors. Can I bug you and ask how many rows of each color you crochet before you change, on average? Again, looks great, and they will be much appreciated!

Yaay for everyone's angel-ghans :clap Lovely! Very nice pattern, Cara, and I am really enjoying the different versions that are floating around our thread here :yes

Please add another 22 solids, please, Mary. I decided my 'bus' needed more road on which to rest, so I quickly stitched another row to attach under its wheels (currently working on the Bus & Big Rig Cuddle). I have all of the horizontal rows joined and about 25% of the vertical stitching completed. It's coming along so quickly. I am trying the whip-stitching method of joining for the first time, and it is going much more smoothly than the method I used -- don't think I could even describe it to you all, as it was cumbersome and putsy -- to this poing. I did like the method Linda described a couple of weeks ago with sc stitches, but I do not picture that working well on a picture cuddle ghan :think:think Again, it is something I have to think about and "just try." This Bus-ghan is for my neighbor, who will be traveling down to the Mayo Clinic in April for treatment. If all goes well, I hope to have the border finished and pics to post by the end of the upcoming weekend.

We have been fighting flood waters for the past 8 days :( We have not been evacuated, yet, but I believe it is merely a matter of time. Last week, I packed our essentials in two Rubbermaid bins and put them in the back of DH's truck. Granted, we live out in the middle of acres and acres of fields, but our land is bordered by 2 really large County ditches. One of them has breached its banks and washed out the road east of us. The road north of us was closed off on Thursday, and we are keeping a close eye on our road to the south, as that is our only way out. DH tells me that as soon as the water crosses that road, we have to leave :( So far, so good, though. Temps were really chilly over the weekend, and no more snow melted to add to the high rivers. I do not think I have ever been that happy to have temps below 20 degrees... If it lasts a little longer, the rivers should reach their crest-levels, and then all of this water can just flow on out of here :yes Let's hope!

Hi, to everyone!

Oh dear! Y'all stay safe :hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Dusti ~ Hi! So sorry to hear about all of the flooding near you. :hug I hope you won't have to evacuate...please keep us posted. I agree with Val - a round ripple goes pretty quickly and they are lovely! 22 more solid squares are added.

Hi Denise ~ Sounds like you're making lots of progress. :clap I've added 70 solids and 14 bi-colors. :hook

DH has to take MIL to the dr. this a.m. and will need my car...she can't easily get into his truck. So I'm here for the morning and will go to the store when he gets back. I absolutely hate driving his truck - it's just too big and hard to park. :lol

Miss Angel is finished! I'll take pictures this a.m.

Here is Miss Angel. :) Cara, thank you for another wonderful pattern. :manyheart

th_Angel008.jpg(clickable)

th_RRsforSissie.jpg

Beautiful stuff both of you!

Here is Miss Angel. :) Cara, thank you for another wonderful pattern. :manyheart

She looks great Mary!! :clap I like the change you made to the neckline. Looks more like a choir robe :yes

:bday

DENISE!!!

:party:clap:party

Well, I'm up earlier than I'd planned :lol Stayed up half the night watching TV with BD but still got up around the regular time. Guess that's good though. Means I might have an easy time getting to sleep tonight which will be good because I have to get up early tomorrow :yes

Today I will be working on my April scarf :clap Shouldn't take all that long. I know exactly what I want to do and have the yarn for it :hook

She looks great! They all look so happy :)

Happy Birthday Denise!

Mary, I really like your color choices...it looks great!:clap Are you going to keep it for yourself? I don't remember if you said.

Happy Birthday, Denise! :cake

Thanks to all of you for the compliments. :manyheart I think I'm going to redo her little nose. :lol

Hi Judy ~ Not sure where she's going yet. :) What are you working on?

Cara ~ Looking forward to your next scarf pattern. :hook

The rest of the afternoon is crochet time...Mr. Penguin needs some quality time. :hook

Mary, I have a "elbow" warmer I'm making for our Susie...

Here's why:

http://www.dogleggs.com/files/hygroma.cfm

And here's what they suggest she wear to stop the infection from recurring

http://www.dogleggs.com/files/adjustable.cfm

:eek

You are such a good mom, Judy. :manyheart Our pets are our babies, too. :yes Zoe has grown up a little - but will still drown any yarn she can get her paws on. :lol

Archived