Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Good Morning, everyone. I had typed a very long post last night and then deleted it...but it helped me sort out some feelings. DD's doctor confirmed yesterday that she had miscarried. We've been hoping for the best since Monday, but it wasn't meant to be this time. My heart breaks for her and her DH and know we will all get through this and look forward to another little one some day.

It means the world to me that I have you all for friends. :manyheart I was awake all night, so may try to go back to bed now.

:hug :hug :hug Mary, sorry to hear the bad news. :hug :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary ~ :hug:hug So VERY sorry to hear of your family's loss :hug:hug It is amazing the sense of loss one can feel from the anticipation of and planning that one does once you know you are pregnant. I hope that your DD's body is healing and that in time her heart will, also. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I returned from Hawaii about a week ago, but it is taking me just a bit of time to sort through the mail, piles of laundry, and helping the girls get back into the routine of attending school. We are all doing well on this end. The trip was great, but chillier than usual at this time of year. I have a tan on the tops of my hands and the lower four inches skin around my wrists (the parts that were exposed below the sleeves of my fleece jacket :P). Honestly, it was a great month.

I will be around a lot more after the weekend, but, I just had to pop in here and write, after I read Mary's sad news. I have 197 solids to report. All of the squares for the Bus and Big Rig Cuddle Quilt are completed :yay However, I have to sew them all together, as I collected the saltines in baggies until the end. Ugh! Next week's project :hook I crocheted 3 sweater/hat sets for a friend's dd, and a sweater for my youngest while on vacation. The hook does not get much rest when my girls are napping or asleep for the night.

:waving Everyone!!

Thank you, Ladies. :manyheart I truly believe we could all meet one day and know that we would be "in person" friends, too.

Welcome back, Dusti! I've thought of you often and know that you went through this not long ago. I'm so glad you and the girls had such a wonderful time. Having your yarn and hook with you was a great idea and congratulations on getting so much done! I've added 197 solid squares. :) Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. :yes

Good Morning, everyone. I had typed a very long post last night and then deleted it...but it helped me sort out some feelings. DD's doctor confirmed yesterday that she had miscarried. We've been hoping for the best since Monday, but it wasn't meant to be this time. My heart breaks for her and her DH and know we will all get through this and look forward to another little one some day.

It means the world to me that I have you all for friends. I was awake all night, so may try to go back to bed now.

Oh Mary :hug We are all so very, very sorry. All my heart goes out to you and your family :manyheart Get some rest, my friend :hug

:hi Linda, hope the computer gets fixed soon.

Cara, sounds like a wonderful day. :yes Did you take pictures? :D

Of course :D Well, my sister did. She's my new photographer :lol Gotta sort through them sometime today I hope.

Dusti - Welcome home! Did you bring pictures? :D

Man, this house is a disaster just over night :irk BD had to work on his computer and made a huge mess. I was not a happy camper. And he scratched up my new dining table with his computer stuff :angry He's definitely on my bad list for today :lol I could just smack him sometimes :sigh

Anyway, stuff to do today. Straighten the house back out, chores that didn't get done yesterday, finish the angel and whatever else hits :lol

Mary, I'm so sorry about the baby...I hope and pray DD heals quickly, both physically and emotionally. It's so very hard....for you, too, in so many ways:hug:manyheart

The server computer won't boot up. It says that one of the parts of Windows is corrupted or missing. John brought home a disc from work, but so far it's still busted.

I am on the last round of the border of the small version (2 blocks by 3 blocks) of the Painted Dessert. It makes a pretty good lap ghan.

I feel like I've got a gazillion projects going on at the moment. 3 quiltghans, 2 friendship shawls, preemie ghans, thread angels, snowflakes, etc. Keeps me busy.

The afghans are beautiful!!! Love the pictures.

Linda its great to see you, wow you have a lot to do at the moment, I hope the server can be fixed, it must be very frustrating.

Howdy ladies :hi

Well, I had a great day! :D We had a terrific time at the zoo. I did have to end up getting of those go carts things because even with my walker it wasn't working out at all :no Too much uphill and downhill. But after I got that it was smooth sailing for the most part.

It was smaller than I expected it to be really but still wonderful all in all and definitely worth the price of admission. They were packed though! You'd think on a Thursday during the day it wouldn't be but man oh man it was just cheek by jowls out there. Guess some of the schools were having spring break this week instead of last week.

Now I'm just sitting here recuperating. It was still pretty tiring but worth it :yes

Im glad you had a great time at the Zoo.:hug

It means the world to me that I have you all for friends. :manyheart I was awake all night, so may try to go back to bed now.

Oh Mary Im so sorry to hear about your DD. Its heartbreaking and I know what she is going through. Best wishes to you all :hug :hug

I returned from Hawaii about a week ago, but it is taking me just a bit of time to sort through the mail, piles of laundry, and helping the girls get back into the routine of attending school. We are all doing well on this end. The trip was great, but chillier than usual at this time of year. I have a tan on the tops of my hands and the lower four inches skin around my wrists (the parts that were exposed below the sleeves of my fleece jacket :P). Honestly, it was a great month.

I will be around a lot more after the weekend, but, I just had to pop in here and write, after I read Mary's sad news. I have 197 solids to report. All of the squares for the Bus and Big Rig Cuddle Quilt are completed :yay However, I have to sew them all together, as I collected the saltines in baggies until the end. Ugh! Next week's project :hook I crocheted 3 sweater/hat sets for a friend's dd, and a sweater for my youngest while on vacation. The hook does not get much rest when my girls are napping or asleep for the night.

:waving Everyone!!

Im glad the trip went well and you enjoyed yourself. Wow lots of saltines made but now comes the sewing. You can do it.

Thank you for all of the hugs! DD and her DH are so good together...they talk about everything and he is open about his feelings, too. I know they will be okay and that makes me feel better. :)

Cara ~ So sorry about your table. :( Years ago, DH repaired an antique clock on mine and the gouges (sp?) are still there...it's turned into a joke now but I sure wasn't happy at the time. :lol

I made a few squares this evening - burgundy, of course. What was I thinking when I left the whole outside border of squares til the last. :blush

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Mary, 15 solids, please...

If it wasn't for waiting for appointments with FIL I'd never get those suckers worked on:lol

I am sorry for your DD! :hug

Hi Judy ~ 15 more added. :hook

Jessica ~ Thank you. :manyheart

How is everyone doing on their Angels and other WIPs?

We just got home from my parents (about an hour away) and it's been a long day. Mom's birthday was last week and this was the first time we could all get together.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Our weather is beautiful and tomorrow may be another yard day. :D

Howdy ladies :flower

Finished the border for the angel. Now just have to get up enough motivation to do her face :lol Think I might be laying of the hook this weekend. I kind of need a little break. But I'll be back at it on Monday I hope :hook

I finally finished the Angel ghan. I had a lot of frogging to do because I had done 3 sides with the two rows of check only to discover that I wouldnt have enough green to finish so I had to frog one whole row of the check and also undo the check squares themselves so I had enough green squares to finish the last row around. I also stitched around the hands to make them show up more but with this photo you can just see it but it shows up really good in real life.

Mary 69 solids thanks

Photo is clickable.

th_22032009.jpg

Mary - I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter :( and 5 more solids

Wendy - LOVE your angel :yes

I am sewing together squares on the newest baby nine block for hubby's prof adnd wife's upcoming baby. I am on the 4th row sewing on. It will be 13 rows long.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

I finally finished the Angel ghan. I had a lot of frogging to do because I had done 3 sides with the two rows of check only to discover that I wouldnt have enough green to finish so I had to frog one whole row of the check and also undo the check squares themselves so I had enough green squares to finish the last row around. I also stitched around the hands to make them show up more but with this photo you can just see it but it shows up really good in real life.

Mary 69 solids thanks

Photo is clickable.

th_22032009.jpg

Hi Wendy! Miss Angel is adorable. :hook So sorry about all of the frogging, but you did a beautiful job of making her look just right! 69 solids added.

Karen ~ Another 5 added. :yes Can't wait to see your next nine patch!

Cara, you sure have been quiet - I hope you're feeling okay. :hug Just in case you're dreaming up more wonderful patterns, I'd better get something finished. :lol

Mary 69 solids thanks

Photo is clickable.

th_22032009.jpg

She is lovely Wendy!

Mary 69 solids thanks

Photo is clickable.

th_22032009.jpg

She looks great Wendy!! :clap Great save on the border squares :yes

Cara, you sure have been quiet - I hope you're feeling okay. :hug Just in case you're dreaming up more wonderful patterns, I'd better get something finished. :lol

Oh I've been a little under the weather since Friday but all better today :D That and working on my angel. Which she's finally done! :yay Here's her photo....

angel2.jpg

And little Miss Tuon decided to mug for the camera too :lol

tuon032209_med.jpg

Mary 69 solids thanks

Photo is clickable.

th_22032009.jpg

Looks wonderful Wendy!

She looks great Wendy!! :clap Great save on the border squares :yes

Oh I've been a little under the weather since Friday but all better today :D That and working on my angel. Which she's finally done! :yay Here's her photo....

angel2.jpg

tuon032209_med.jpg

She is cute! Oh and the angel ghan looks fabulous!

angel2.jpg

tuon032209_med.jpg

The angel is wonderful! And Tuon looks like a sweetie pie.

Cara, your angel is absolutely adorable! :angel Have you chosen a name for the pattern yet? Congratulations on finishing. :hook Little Miss Tuon is such a cutie.

Yes, I'm going to go ahead and call it Make a Joyful Noise :yes

The angel is wonderful! And Tuon looks like a sweetie pie.

Yeah, well, looks can be deceiving :lol No she really is a good kitty 99% of the time :manyheart

Morning everyone. Haven't checked in here in a while.

Mary I'm sorry about DD :hug to all of you.

Wendy and Cara your angels are amazing.

Mary I have 11 bi colored and 45 solids to report.

This week will be crazy. We close on our new house on Wednesday. We're going to try to move most of the stuff Wednesday night since it's supposed to rain Thurs and Fri. There's a 30% chance of rain Wednesday but we're hoping it will hold out. It would be wonderful if the rain just passed us right by. LOL

Oh and Angel is almost done I have about 5 rows left I think.

Archived