Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Had a great time with sister today :D We didn't go to the park because it was just too windy! BUT we did decide that if next week the wind is finally gone and it's relatively pretty outside that we're going to the zoo! :yay And it was HER idea :eek I think I might've time this just right. She's feeling a little overwhelmed right now and needs to have some fun. I even talked her into staying off her cell phone today :faint She has that thing permanently attached to her ear most of the time. I've learned to amuse myself on most Thursday :lol

We had a nice leisurely lunch at the Chinese buffet :drool Then went over to the older drug store looking for something in particular that they didn't have. But I have the best time in old drugstores and hardware stores. They always have the niftiest stuff or stuff we haven't seen in ages. We spent an hour in there :lol Then went to the Salvation Army thrift store. This was all in the same parking lot :lol

Then we went to the library and well what's not to love about the library? :manyheart I even picked up a book called Early Houses of Waco or something like that. I've even read a good bit of it this afternoon. Pretty interesting reading about the background of some of these marvelous old houses we have here in town.

So all in all a fabulous day :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday, ladies. :)

Hi Judy, 16 more solids are added! :hook What are you working on now?

Cara, it sounds like a lovely day with your sister. I love old drug stores, too. We still have a couple and they deliver prescriptions! Of course, I remember when the milkman came to the door. :lol

I really have to do some cleaning today...but would much rather be crocheting. :D

Have a great morning. :manyheart

Mary, I'm trying to finish a small baby gahn for the NIC unit...using Spring Green and Aran...want it for St. Pat's day so my nurse neighbor can give it to someone for their baby.

Mary, 61 solids and 5 bicolours please. :hook Hope you have a good day with plenty of :crocheting time. :hook

Wow, now I know why you've been so quiet. :lol Way to go on getting so much done. :cheer

Mary, add 10 more solids, please. I'll spend the rest of the day joining what I have...

Done! That is such a cute idea for a baby ghan! You are one creative lady. :manyheart

Hello ladies :flower

How's everyone this fine day? Started my day with a trip to the doctor for a nerve block to get rid of this pain in my mid back. It's interfering with my crocheting so had to do something :lol Don't know how long it's supposed to take to show any effect but it actually hurts more now after he was prodding at it than it did before :sigh Oh well, maybe we'll figure something out :D Hope springs eternal :D

Cara - I have heard that nerve blocks are nasty painful business, and might take a day or so to settle down.

I'm hoping it'll show some improvement in a day or two. Tylenol and my big gun pain pills don't even touch the pain so we had to do something :shrug

Cara, I hope the nerve block kicks in soon and makes you more comfortable.

John and Mark are going to the hunting lodge this weekend to work at fallen tree removal and other things that need to be done before turkey season opens the end of the month. Kim and I are having a girls weekend here. We are watching scary movies (Kim's favorite :eek ) and other fun stuff. I've already made a batch of brownies for us to munch on. :lol :lol :lol

Had a great time with sister today :D We didn't go to the park because it was just too windy! BUT we did decide that if next week the wind is finally gone and it's relatively pretty outside that we're going to the zoo! :yay And it was HER idea :eek I think I might've time this just right. She's feeling a little overwhelmed right now and needs to have some fun. I even talked her into staying off her cell phone today :faint She has that thing permanently attached to her ear most of the time. I've learned to amuse myself on most Thursday :lol

We had a nice leisurely lunch at the Chinese buffet :drool Then went over to the older drug store looking for something in particular that they didn't have. But I have the best time in old drugstores and hardware stores. They always have the niftiest stuff or stuff we haven't seen in ages. We spent an hour in there :lol Then went to the Salvation Army thrift store. This was all in the same parking lot :lol

Then we went to the library and well what's not to love about the library? :manyheart I even picked up a book called Early Houses of Waco or something like that. I've even read a good bit of it this afternoon. Pretty interesting reading about the background of some of these marvelous old houses we have here in town.

So all in all a fabulous day :manyheart

Im glad you had a great day with your sister. Its great that you get to do that each week.

Happy Friday, ladies. :)

Hi Judy, 16 more solids are added! :hook What are you working on now?

Cara, it sounds like a lovely day with your sister. I love old drug stores, too. We still have a couple and they deliver prescriptions! Of course, I remember when the milkman came to the door. :lol

I really have to do some cleaning today...but would much rather be crocheting. :D

Have a great morning. :manyheart

:hi Mary, its annoying when cleaning gets in the way of our craft, hope you get to crochet some today.

Mary, 61 solids and 5 bicolours please. :hook Hope you have a good day with plenty of :crocheting time. :hook

Wow your moving right along there with the saltines. :clap

Hello ladies :flower

How's everyone this fine day? Started my day with a trip to the doctor for a nerve block to get rid of this pain in my mid back. It's interfering with my crocheting so had to do something :lol Don't know how long it's supposed to take to show any effect but it actually hurts more now after he was prodding at it than it did before :sigh Oh well, maybe we'll figure something out :D Hope springs eternal :D

Ouch that would hurt, hope it works for you. :hug

John and Mark are going to the hunting lodge this weekend to work at fallen tree removal and other things that need to be done before turkey season opens the end of the month. Kim and I are having a girls weekend here. We are watching scary movies (Kim's favorite :eek ) and other fun stuff. I've already made a batch of brownies for us to munch on. :lol :lol :lol

:hi Linda, enjoy your girls weekend watching movies and crocheting etc. Sounds great.

Sounds like a fun time to me :D

Yup, we're into our second scary movie. And I'm working on the Painted Desert again. Our first movie was The Happening. OooEeee! Scary.

Mary, please add 24 solids, 4 bi-colors, and 8 four-colors to my score. That should be the last saltines for the Painted Desert.

Cara ~ We'll keep our fingers crossed that you get some relief soon! :hug

Hi Selanda! Have you had any crochet time? 'Hope so. :hook

Linda ~ I've added your squares. Can't wait to see your Painted Desert again. Your girls' weekend sounds like so much fun! Enjoy. :yes

Hi to Judy, Wendy and Krystal, too. :D

I just realized that I forgot to post the scores. :blush I'll do that either this evening or tomorrow. :yes

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Karen ~ 15 more are added. Here is what I have as of this morning...just let me know if anything needs to be changed.:hook

Cara (Misa)

Donna (sewnsew) 1814

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Wendy (Aussie) ***1183

Denise (denisethorpe) 1170

Heather (hseger) 1106

Val (Priszm) 1008

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 944

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***932

Mary (Skysmom) *** 709

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 561

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Dusti (rii698) *** 229

Judy (judianne) 227

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Selanda (crocrazy) 206

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Jessica (jessicagil) 107

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

Good Morning, err, afternoon ladies :D

Feeling much better today. Still quite fatigued but the pain from yesterday is much improved :yay

Hoping to have a relatively quiet day today :hook

Wow, the Happy House ladies sure are quiet today. :lol

Cara, I'm so glad you are feeling better. :hug

DH finally found a used fishing boat and picked it up today...he's so excited. :D He's outside cleaning it up and is like a kid with a new toy.

I've been joining Miss Angel squares and need 6 more to complete row 17. :hook

Mary, that's great for DH!:clap Men love their toys:lol

I've attached most of the saltines I made and am about to make more - spent part of the afternoon working on my pet memories graph ghan.

Archived