Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oy what a day! :lol Started off fine except the getting up a half hour late but I can deal with that :yes Then the nephew called because he was bored. His mom suggested he take me for the haircut I didn't get to get last week. Then we went to WM and the grocery/pharmacy. They had T-bone for $3.99 a pound again! That's the 2nd time in 3 weeks :dance Had to pick up some more of those of course :D

But these three things seemed to have taken way too long. Oh and we went to eat at the taco joint we love and stupid me said, "sure I'd love some jalapenos on the side". Ooooh heartburn city! That'll teach me...no, sadly, it probably won't :lol

I still have laundry to finish up and supper to start. Then I go out with my sister tomorrow. Don't know what exactly we'll have left to do though :lol I'm thinking it's time for a trip to the library :yes So. Long story short maybe I can actually sit down and rest and crochet on Friday :P

Oy what a day! :lol Started off fine except the getting up a half hour late but I can deal with that :yes Then the nephew called because he was bored. His mom suggested he take me for the haircut I didn't get to get last week. Then we went to WM and the grocery/pharmacy. They had T-bone for $3.99 a pound again! That's the 2nd time in 3 weeks :dance Had to pick up some more of those of course :D

But these three things seemed to have taken way too long. Oh and we went to eat at the taco joint we love and stupid me said, "sure I'd love some jalapenos on the side". Ooooh heartburn city! That'll teach me...no, sadly, it probably won't :lol

I still have laundry to finish up and supper to start. Then I go out with my sister tomorrow. Don't know what exactly we'll have left to do though :lol I'm thinking it's time for a trip to the library :yes So. Long story short maybe I can actually sit down and rest and crochet on Friday :P

Do you ever get ads from other grocery stores in your area? My Walmart price matches! Went in one day w/ an ad for pork steaks (not steaks, but very thick ones) for .99/lb. WM had them at $4 something /lb. Saved a bundle on that!

Do you ever get ads from other grocery stores in your area? My Walmart price matches! Went in one day w/ an ad for pork steaks (not steaks, but very thick ones) for .99/lb. WM had them at $4 something /lb. Saved a bundle on that!

Yes and our local WMs have decided that they will no longer price match on groceries :irk That's okay, WMs meat is inferior imo. Plus, I wanted steaks cut to 3/4" thick instead of the 1.5" cut they had out. They cut me new steaks and it was the same price :yes It's a very old Texas grocery chain that I have always had a bit of a love affair with. They still actually bag your groceries, take them to your car and on days I need help I just stop someone and ask for a "shopper" and they send someone around to help me lift heavier things and reach stuff on top shelves :yes

Yes and our local WMs have decided that they will no longer price match on groceries :irk That's okay, WMs meat is inferior imo. Plus, I wanted steaks cut to 3/4" thick instead of the 1.5" cut they had out. They cut me new steaks and it was the same price :yes It's a very old Texas grocery chain that I have always had a bit of a love affair with. They still actually bag your groceries, take them to your car and on days I need help I just stop someone and ask for a "shopper" and they send someone around to help me lift heavier things and reach stuff on top shelves :yes

Wow! That's good customer service for ya!

Wow! That's good customer service for ya!

I know :yes they're a bit more expensive than WM but, like they say, you get what you pay for :D

Okay, going to watched Lost now :D

Mary I have 15 solids to report.

Added! :hook

Cara, I'll bet you love HEB stores? They are wonderful! We have their Central Market store, but not a regular HEB. I'm glad you had a good day with Nephew today and hope you have fun tomorrow, too. :manyheart

I haven't asked our WM if they match prices...must do that next time I'm there. Our closest (and my favorite)store is Krogers.

Okay, now I have 2 ziplocs with squares that need joining...again.:blush Happy Crocheting, everyone. :crocheting

Mary-

Congratulations on the coming arrival of your first grandbaby . There is no greater joy or higher honor in life than that . ( in my opinion )

All I can say for advice is to treasure every second with the baby as he/she grows, because time slips away so quickly and soon, you wonder where the baby went ... then where the toddler went .....

We had Cam here last night and standing next to me, he is up to my shoulder already. Going to be 7 in May ----- he will be tall like his dad I think .

He is still the highlight of my life, since our other grandkids have always lived far away due to their dad being in the military . We have missed so much of their growing up years, it's sad .

Are you wishing for a boy or girl, or does it matter ? Did you have boys and girls both? I don't ever remember you mentioning it, but you probably have .

Good Morning, everyone. :) It's warm and I fully intended to work in the yard, but it's very windy and we're under wildfire warnings...not much fun out there.

Hi Miss Julie! How are you doing with the knee rehab? I hope it's feeling a lot better. :manyheart DD is our only child and the only grandchild on my side of the family. I guess it's obvious that everyone is pretty excited. :lol

I'm going to finish Mr. Penguin and Annie Angel before I start anything else...well, that's the plan anyway. ;)

Sounds great, Mary --- I think that baby will be especially loved and spoiled rotten, which is just the way grandbabies should be treated ! When is the actual due date ?

I just LOVE babies .

I doubt we'll have any more in our immediate family until the GREAT- grandbabies come, which should be 10 years or more .

Whoops, forgot to answer your knee question : It actually went well yesterday and I got the readings on the bending that I needed ( 125 ). The therapist said the straightening is looking real good ,too. They gave me some weekend things to work on here ,and I am also taking cortisone -type medecine,a 6 day program thing - 6,5,4,3,2,1 . Today is day 2 and so far they havent made me sick, other than a headache, but that's about normal for me .

I THINK too much, which makes my head sore .

( AHEM ........ no comments from the Peanut Gallery, the Divine Miss K )

Julie, good to hear from you!

I know you'll be thrilled to be done with all the meds, rehab and the like... meanwhile, you have a n excuse to get that rail fence ghan worked on:hook

So you don't have to go hopping around, check out my blog for the newest pics...

I did lots of cleaning this AM, washed ghans for donating (now to box them up), and have laundry going. Now to write tags for the ghans and get my duppa over to the PO.

See y'all later.

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - I'm so glad the rehab is going well :hug You'll be up and running again in no time :D

Judy - Lovely photos! I really like Smooth Fox's square :yes

Mary - Yes, we need the due date when you have it :D

Okay, I'm going out again today but no real chores except one more trip to the pharmacy. As if that 110 bucks yesterday wasn't enough :lol Today should only be $5 though :yes

Other than that I'm going to try to talk my seriously overworked and overwrought sister into just having some fun! I'd suggest going to the park and playing if it weren't for this awful wind that we're having.

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Judy- wow, you have been busy, haven't you ? You've been turning out lots of items, all so pretty, where to start ? And they are all going to a wonderful cause, which is another great thing . Keep up the good work ! I'll be bumbling along someplace behind you. I dont know why I can't crank things out faster. I spend more time LOLLYGAGGING than anything else .

Cara-

a word of warning : If you're going out to play with your sister and it's WINDY, don't play Badminton. Hopeless. Believe me, I've tried .

You'll spend all day chasing that little thing around and never hitting it .

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - I'm so glad the rehab is going well :hug You'll be up and running again in no time :D

Judy - Lovely photos! I really like Smooth Fox's square :yes

Mary - Yes, we need the due date when you have it :D

Okay, I'm going out again today but no real chores except one more trip to the pharmacy. As if that 110 bucks yesterday wasn't enough :lol Today should only be $5 though :yes

Other than that I'm going to try to talk my seriously overworked and overwrought sister into just having some fun! I'd suggest going to the park and playing if it weren't for this awful wind that we're having.

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Morning Cara, Sounds like a great plan. I haven't played in a park for a few months now. I love swings. Big kid I am.:lol

Judy- wow, you have been busy, haven't you ? You've been turning out lots of items, all so pretty, where to start ? And they are all going to a wonderful cause, which is another great thing . Keep up the good work ! I'll be bumbling along someplace behind you. I dont know why I can't crank things out faster. I spend more time LOLLYGAGGING than anything else .

Cara-

a word of warning : If you're going out to play with your sister and it's WINDY, don't play Badminton. Hopeless. Believe me, I've tried .

You'll spend all day chasing that little thing around and never hitting it .

Morning Julie,

Julie glad to hear your knee is getting better.

Morning Mary

No progress here. I'm still along way behind on everything so trying to catch up on the earlier projects first. Tried Julies challenge and the moment I wanted an hour uninterupted. All I got was interuptions. I can't win with my family. Oh Well!

Hi Karen! 35 more are on the list. :yes

I'm reporting 38 solids and 10 bi-colors. These include the 12 I made on Sunday and some are for the Penguin. :hook He's feeling neglected lately. :lol

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Great progress on the saltines. :cheer

Good Morning, ladies. :) Just Ducky #2 has a home! DH's admin. assistant at corporate is due soon and they chose not to find out if it's a boy or girl. So he/she is washed and ready to wrap as soon as I get home from errands.

So, it's time to make Just Ducky #3. We are going to be grandparents! :c9:D DD is right in the middle of a job change and they are not announcing this yet as it could affect her getting the new position...but I can tell you guys! It's going to be so hard to keep my mouth shut. :lol They are already calling us Granny and Grandpa and I love it! :manyheart

Oh thats fantastic, congratulations :hug

Sounds like you had a great day out with your nephew and hope you have fun with your sister.

I THINK too much, which makes my head sore .

( AHEM ........ no comments from the Peanut Gallery, the Divine Miss K )

:lol I've been accused of thinking too much, too. (DH!) But how do we stop? So glad your knee is okay. :hug

Morning everyone :hi

Mary - 34 solids thanks

34 more added. :hook

You all are so great - thank you for the kind words! :manyheart They are only at 5 weeks and the due date is November 10th. I know it's really early, so we'll just hope all is well. I looked back in DD's baby book...my due date was November 9th!! She was born on November 25th.

Time to crochet for a while before it's time to fix dinner. :)

Julie - can't make ANY comment about you thinking too much, because HB insists my brain should have come with an "off" switch!

Krystal

I hope you made the appropriate reply that maybe his mouth should have come with an off switch .:lol

Archived