Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Okay, back from my hour of saltining, I did 21 saltines, 2 of which were bicolours. :whew

WTG!:clap

After one hour of making saltines I've done 6 bi-color and 14 solids :hook That's way more than I thought I could get done :D

You, too, Cara!:clap

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good heavens, Jessica! That is HUGE! :eek Even at 2 1/2" per saltine, that comes out to 500 by 300 inches! Is that really how big you want to make it? And, yes, kittens are good for either boys or girls.

Well, the weather has gone from bad to worse here. :( We started with rain, then it changed to sleet, and now it's been snowing for over an hour. :thumbdown Big globby flakes. :snow At least it's too warm for it to do much sticking so far. :tup

Just the point I was going to make :yes It's an absolutely adorable design! But it'd work better as a graph rather than with saltines :yes

You all are hilarious! It is 200 saltines x 100 saltines. Oh wait that is wrong. Someone help me! :help

Jessica, I see you have made a graph. I played around with the one I made for my cousin's baby, let me know if you want to see it. :D

Yeppers please do.

Mary - add 44 to my total...

I took Julie up on her challenge and made 16 in an hour!

All are single colored..

They're on the list, Tammy! Thank you for the PM.

Well, I did make squares for an hour...a whopping 12 solids. :lol Maggie chose to curl up on the couch next to me with her head and one long ear on my knee. As the yarn moved passed her head, she kept shaking her head and looking at me and then plopping her head back down on my knee. DH and I spent most of the time laughing at her, so 12 was a real accomplishment. :D

Okey-dokey Smokies . Here are the totals :

Judy -14

Julie-14

Denise - 8

Tracy -21 ( 2 bicolors)

Cara -20 ( 6 bicolors)

Mary- 12

Tammy -44

I say a round of applause is in order for you all . We all do things at different speeds, but we all made some progress, so that''s what counts .

:cheer:clap:cheer

Wendy - you are the master saltine maker!!:clap

Woke up to a blizzard...haven't heard the TV weather guy use that word in years...already about 8 inches out there and WINDY!

Feeding the pups and then we'll all snuggle down again.

Judy -14

Julie-14

Denise - 8

Tracy -21 ( 2 bicolors)

Cara -20 ( 6 bicolors)

Mary- 12

Tammy -44

I say a round of applause is in order for you all . We all do things at different speeds, but we all made some progress, so that''s what counts .

I got 16 solids and 2 bicolors done in one hour.:clap

Hi everyone,

I finally got a chance to do Julie's challenge and my total of saltines in an hour is 25.

Mary 25 solids thanks.

Wow you are a speedy saltine maker.

Wendy - you are the master saltine maker!!:clap

Woke up to a blizzard...haven't heard the TV weather guy use that word in years...already about 8 inches out there and WINDY!

Feeding the pups and then we'll all snuggle down again.

Stay safe and warm.

Mary I got a total of 17 solids and 4 bicolored to report. That's including the hour challenge.

Hi all ,

I just got this brainstorm, so thought I'd drop it in here to see if there are any takers .

I know I might get more squares made if there were a little contest to get me motivated .

I know we already post our totals to Mary, but I thought it might be fun to have a special challenge, or dare contest today .

If you wanna play ,pick any One Hour Time ,today .Pick an hour when you figure you'll have totally to yourself and won't have to get up for anything . See how many squares you can get done in that one hour limit .

I KNOW I won't win, I'm not that speedy, but I thought it might be a fun motivation if we made a little game out of it today to see how many squares we could do in an hour . Might be a pretty impressive total if we totalled all our squares together at the end just to see how many we as a group can crank out per hour .

Anybody wanna play ? :D:hook:D

I know Sunday is gone but this challenge has my curiosity aroused to see just how many I do in an hour - I've never timed myself. Even though I am a day late (and a dollar short) I will try this sometime this afternoon or evening just to see :yes Did you count tucking inthe beginning tail in the time or did everyone wait and tuck all the tails in after the hour was up??

I have started using up all my leftover bits of Simply Soft to make some quilt-ghan out of. Not sure what the pattern or design will be. I'll see once I have more squares made.

I have The Shack, my neighborhood book club's choice for this month, waiting:book

I have heard a lot about this book. I plan to get ahold of it one day and give it a read (heaven knows when I'll find the time but I hope to read it sometime). Please let us know what you thought of it when you have it done.

We have ugly weather here AGAIN... I have seen MORE than enough snow this winter... But at least it sounds like we might be getting the tail end of this storm - others south of us are getting hit worse. But even still they are threatening another 7 to 10 inches of snow here in the next twelve or so hours... I'm staying home and plan to get some work done here instead of shoveling and heading to work. Spring break has begun here and the students are all gone. No classes for two weeks :yay and I plan to use this break to catch up on some of my writing and to get ahead again with my teaching materials.

Just stopping in to tell JULIE I can do about 24 saltines in an hour.

But While I'm here, I'll post a pic of my 9-patch so far. I've got all the saltines done, and the 9-patch blocks are together, just have to finish joining and do the border.

th_9patchHalf.jpg

Layout

th_9patchLayout2.jpg

WOW Judy, I sure do hope you stay safe & warm in the storm. :manyheart We haven't gotten much for snow but I woke up to the wind whipping bad last night. Scared the crap right outta me. :eek No school today either so i think we may be in for more.

Stay safe & warm. :hug

Amy - looks good:clap

Tabby, thanks...it's still blowing pretty fierce...and snowing. Supposed to stop i a couple of hours...

We (including Sparkie) were just entertained by watching our 35yo neighbor across the street shovel the snow off his garage roof:lol

Just for fun I timed myself for 15 minutes (since I didn't have an hour to devote to saltines right now) and found I did 5 plus the first round on another. I'd estimate that at 21 or 22 in an hour - but that is doing nothing but saltines - no TV, no surfing, no conversations or yakking with you guys or hubby. My rate would be a bit less that way - but again because I am cusious - I'll try timing myself sometime when we are watching amovie to see how many I can do.

Back to getting some reserach done.

Amy - looks good:clap

Tabby, thanks...it's still blowing pretty fierce...and snowing. Supposed to stop i a couple of hours...

We (including Sparkie) were just entertained by watching our 35yo neighbor across the street shovel the snow off his garage roof:lol

Because of a design flaw in our roof, we have to shovel off our roof in one spot every so often or we get ice dam and then water damage. Some day we'll be able to fix it, but until now that's what we're stuck with. :shrug

Judy -14

Julie-14

Denise - 8

Tracy -21 ( 2 bicolors)

Cara -20 ( 6 bicolors)

Mary- 12

Tammy -44

Great idea, Julie! Maybe we can do it more often...I'll make Maggie stay on the floor next time. :lol

Hi everyone,

I finally got a chance to do Julie's challenge and my total of saltines in an hour is 25.

Mary 25 solids thanks.

Hi Wendy ~ added!

I

Mary I got a total of 17 solids and 4 bicolored to report. That's including the hour challenge.

Way to go, Donna! I've added these to the list.

Just stopping in to tell JULIE I can do about 24 saltines in an hour.

But While I'm here, I'll post a pic of my 9-patch so far. I've got all the saltines done, and the 9-patch blocks are together, just have to finish joining and do the border.

th_9patchHalf.jpg

Layout

th_9patchLayout2.jpg

Really pretty, Amy! Thanks for sharing. :yes

I hope you're not snowed in for long. :eek

:woo Denise cooked. She made :drool lamb ribs, chinese style drumsticks, peas and mashed potatoes with gravy. :drool

Oh, you must be on her good side again. :lol Sounds delicious. :)

Well, our streets have been plowed and it looks good. Hardest part would have been if the plow blocked the bottom of the driveway (we can't shovel), but it's good there, too:)

Hi! I didn't get the crocheting done yesterday, but gave it a go today. I can do 12 solids in an hour or 10 bi-colors. My hands are very achy today, but that seems to be about what I average most days. That's with the TV on and Trouble sometimes causing interruptions. :lol We still have frozen slush on the back porch where it is shady. Where it's sunny the snow and frozen slush are all gone. It's not very warm today but the sun is shining.

Stay safe and warm, those of you who are getting dumped on again. :hug

Archived