Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Judy, you are fast!!! :eek

I didn't think I was...I mean, compared to Wendy! SDR asked me to put down the :crocheting...I wonder if he'll appreciate the :crocheting if I bury my nose in a book instead.

I will take a break, though, for a bit - saltines are hard on my hands...and I didn't think to dig out my clover hook:P

I have The Shack, my neighborhood book club's choice for this month, waiting:book

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all ,

I just got this brainstorm, so thought I'd drop it in here to see if there are any takers .

I know I might get more squares made if there were a little contest to get me motivated .

I know we already post our totals to Mary, but I thought it might be fun to have a special challenge, or dare contest today .

If you wanna play ,pick any One Hour Time ,today .Pick an hour when you figure you'll have totally to yourself and won't have to get up for anything . See how many squares you can get done in that one hour limit .

I KNOW I won't win, I'm not that speedy, but I thought it might be a fun motivation if we made a little game out of it today to see how many squares we could do in an hour . Might be a pretty impressive total if we totalled all our squares together at the end just to see how many we as a group can crank out per hour .

Anybody wanna play ? :D:hook:D

Hi, Julie. Sure, I'll play at some point today. Yesterday I think I slept too long, because I was cranky and out-of-sorts for a good bit of the day. But I must have needed it. 13 hours yesterday and 10 hours last night. The weather doesn't help either. It's been gloomy and rainy for 3 days now. I don't think it snowed today though, so that's a plus. And we do need the rain. We were 5 1/2 inches behind for the year a couple days ago and something like 15 inches low in the lake going into this year.

Mary, I have 11 solids to report for last week. Thanks for doing this for us. You do a wonderful job! :hug

Ooh, them's would be fighting words in my house... If my chores are done, HB had better not choose how I use my free time... :irk

...It was on my list for today, but I just started making some Spanakopita...the way to SDR's softer side is his stomach;)

My hands are feeling better now...chopping some onions stretched them out:D

I have to apologize to Denise and Kyla, they are both upset because I said they weren't angels. :rolleyes. Last time I checked, neither had wings or halo's, but they are insisting they are angels.

:lol :lol

Hi all ,

I just got this brainstorm, so thought I'd drop it in here to see if there are any takers .

I know I might get more squares made if there were a little contest to get me motivated .

I know we already post our totals to Mary, but I thought it might be fun to have a special challenge, or dare contest today .

If you wanna play ,pick any One Hour Time ,today .Pick an hour when you figure you'll have totally to yourself and won't have to get up for anything . See how many squares you can get done in that one hour limit .

I KNOW I won't win, I'm not that speedy, but I thought it might be a fun motivation if we made a little game out of it today to see how many squares we could do in an hour . Might be a pretty impressive total if we totalled all our squares together at the end just to see how many we as a group can crank out per hour .

Ooh excellent idea :clap I really need some motivation. Been too busy doing other things. But I've been doing the other things so I can have more time to crochet :lol I'll take that challenge this afternoon :hook

Julie the fires in Victoria are still going, can you believe that. I dont think they are near homes at this stage. So far I think the death toll is 210 and approx 1200 homes lost, could be more now. Such devastation its unbelievable. Yes they caught one guy but thats it as far as I know. Victoria is about 10hours drive from where I live so its no where near me.

Just awful :no I'm glad they caught at least one of the guys. :tryme

LOL My MIL always told me Maddie and Meaghan were angels. I said if they were then the horns were what was holding the halo up:lol

:rofl :rofl

Good Morning.

I'm sorry for not dropping in this week. I have been exhausted & cranky.

I did start my ripple ghan last night so I do still crochet when I have the motivation to.

HUGS!! :ghug

Hi Tabby!! :hi Gosh, I sure hope things get better for you real soon :hug

Julie, I think they will be happy now. I hope Denise will be, she has refused to cook because I said she wasn't an angel. :eek:lol

:eek Apologize. Quick! :lol

I don't know if you've heard from your parents yet today, but it's not so nice out right now. The cold front got here and now it's very cool and windy. I was thinking about going for a bike ride today, if there wasn't any wind I would. Instead I'm thinking this is a good day to rent a movie and curl up with my crochet :hook

Sounds like a good plan to me :hook

Hi to those I've missed. It's easier to do some of DH's and MIL's bookkeeping when he's here in case I have questions or can't read his writing. :lol So, it's back to the desk for me.

Have fun with the bookkeeping. Can you hear the sarcasm in that comment? :lol I hate the bookkeeping and just gave it all to BD. He does a better job and we actually have money in the bank :lol

You're funny - if you know of a way to make a RR with saltines, do tell:lol

Mary, in just under an hour I made 14 saltines:hook Solids

WTG Judy!! :cheer:woo

Hi, Julie. Sure, I'll play at some point today. Yesterday I think I slept too long, because I was cranky and out-of-sorts for a good bit of the day. But I must have needed it. 13 hours yesterday and 10 hours last night. The weather doesn't help either. It's been gloomy and rainy for 3 days now. I don't think it snowed today though, so that's a plus. And we do need the rain. We were 5 1/2 inches behind for the year a couple days ago and something like 15 inches low in the lake going into this year.

Mary, I have 11 solids to report for last week. Thanks for doing this for us. You do a wonderful job! :hug

Oh dear. Definitely sounds like you needed some extra rest :hug Hope you're feeling better today :hug

Ooh, them's would be fighting words in my house... If my chores are done, HB had better not choose how I use my free time... :irk

BD would be happy if I would just sit and crochet for a while. Our biggest sticking point is that I do too much. That's okay because my biggest grouse with him is he doesn't do enough around the house :rofl

But today is house chore/improvement/just get the darn thing done already day around here :D He gets to sleep another half hour and then we have a little project to do. I'll help him where I can so we can do something together.

I've asked for two hours one day a week to get some tasks that needs attention tended to. We both think that's fair and will get some things done. It'll take forever but at least it's a step in the right direction :D

Then I'm hoping to spend the remainder of the day just working on my angel. I've got to get that finished. I only made and joined six saltines yesterday. It's gonna take me til the end of March at this rate :lol

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Cara - HB and I butted heads last night because I want to convert the space under our basement stairs into pantry shelves. They're the stairs where the landing is right in front of the front door and half go up and half go down. Right now, it's just filled with junk and ugly and disorganized. I want to drywall it and put narrow, short shelves down each side.

Come to find out there's this singular board that is holding up my front landing and it's NOT nailed into anything, PLUS it is banana'd and PLUS it not straight up and down. I wanted him to fix it before I do the pantry area (I will do the drywall, cutting, nailing, painting, EVERYTHING else - I DO NOT do jacks!)

Well, it turned into "WHY are you even doing this in the first place? I'm not going to fix that, just leave it the way it is." :irk MEN!!! I told him that I'll work around it and he isn't going to tell me to leave it like it is because I'm not wasting that space any longer.

To think - I've waited over a MONTH for him to even bother LOOKING at it to tell me he won't do it anyway. I could have rigged it over a month ago and been done by now. :thair

Mary, in just under an hour I made 14 saltines:hook Solids

Super! 14 more are added. :hook

Thank you, Linda. I love my scorekeeping job...and it helps me keep up with what everyone is doing, too. :manyheart 11 more are on the list. :)

Then I'm hoping to spend the remainder of the day just working on my angel. I've got to get that finished. I only made and joined six saltines yesterday. It's gonna take me til the end of March at this rate :lol

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Hi Miss Cara. Since I've been playing around with names for the Angel ghan...it's now April Angel because that's probably when she will be finished. :D

Here's the running total so far for the Saltine challenge for today :

Judy - 14

Julie -14 !!

Do you believe that ? I thought it was so funny, we both had the same number. I didnt count mine til I was done, then counted exactly 14, so we have a tie !

Anyhow, we'll see how some of the others can do compared to this when they get a chance to give it a try !

Judy- how's the book so far ? I think I saw that at the store or online --- it looks like a suspense type book,isn't it ? And who wrote it ?

Hi all ,

Julie I'll take your challenge. I love challenging myself to the clock. So give me a couple of hours to get DD to school and DS off to work and DH to bed and then the house is mine. I haven't made saltines before. So I'll probably be slow but still something to improve on.

Good Morning.

I'm sorry for not dropping in this week. I have been exhausted & cranky.

I did start my ripple ghan last night so I do still crochet when I have the motivation to.

HUGS!! :ghug

Hi Tabitha, hope this week is better for you :hug

Cara - HB and I butted heads last night because I want to convert the space under our basement stairs into pantry shelves. They're the stairs where the landing is right in front of the front door and half go up and half go down. Right now, it's just filled with junk and ugly and disorganized. I want to drywall it and put narrow, short shelves down each side.

Come to find out there's this singular board that is holding up my front landing and it's NOT nailed into anything, PLUS it is banana'd and PLUS it not straight up and down. I wanted him to fix it before I do the pantry area (I will do the drywall, cutting, nailing, painting, EVERYTHING else - I DO NOT do jacks!)

Well, it turned into "WHY are you even doing this in the first place? I'm not going to fix that, just leave it the way it is." :irk MEN!!! I told him that I'll work around it and he isn't going to tell me to leave it like it is because I'm not wasting that space any longer.

To think - I've waited over a MONTH for him to even bother LOOKING at it to tell me he won't do it anyway. I could have rigged it over a month ago and been done by now. :thair

Don't you just love it when men decide after all that time that they don't think it needs fixing. Mine does this. Then we have words. Then it gets done because he knows the work isn't as bad as listening to me can be :devil

So I figured it out. :D

3319389529_120dc792cf_o.gif

The kitties are fine for a little baby boy right? He will be like 1.5 years old at Christmas when I plan on giving it to him.

This looks great Jessica. I think kitties are fine for a 1.5 year old boy.

The kitties are fine for a little baby boy right? He will be like 1.5 years old at Christmas when I plan on giving it to him.

Good heavens, Jessica! That is HUGE! :eek Even at 2 1/2" per saltine, that comes out to 500 by 300 inches! Is that really how big you want to make it? And, yes, kittens are good for either boys or girls.

Well, the weather has gone from bad to worse here. :( We started with rain, then it changed to sleet, and now it's been snowing for over an hour. :thumbdown Big globby flakes. :snow At least it's too warm for it to do much sticking so far. :tup

Beans on toast sounds yummy. :drool Or boiled eggs with soldiers. :devil

:hiTracy,

Beans on toast is one of my favorites. Not so crazy about the eggs though. Not an egg fan.:yuck

I think I commented in the sky cal but your angel ghan is worthy of another "It looks great".:yay

:hiTracy,

Beans on toast is one of my favorites. Not so crazy about the eggs though. Not an egg fan.:yuck

I think I commented in the sky cal but your angel ghan is worthy of another "It looks great".:yay

Thank you, Pauline. Does that mean you are also going to make one? :devil

Hmmm, my opinion is (whether you want it or not :lol) that that board needs to be replaced just from a safety standpoint. :yes Keep after him :yes

Hi Miss Cara. Since I've been playing around with names for the Angel ghan...it's now April Angel because that's probably when she will be finished. :D

You and I may be in the same boat not finishing til April :lol

Good heavens, Jessica! That is HUGE! :eek Even at 2 1/2" per saltine, that comes out to 500 by 300 inches! Is that really how big you want to make it? And, yes, kittens are good for either boys or girls.

Just the point I was going to make :yes It's an absolutely adorable design! But it'd work better as a graph rather than with saltines :yes

It is my turn to cook tomorrow. I wonder what I shall do? Beans on toast,:devil or a boiled egg,:P maybe cheese on toast. ;)Well if I was an Angel :yes I could do a roast or a casserole :D

Beans on toast sounds yummy. :drool Or boiled eggs with soldiers. :devil

Tracy doesn't care just as long as she's fed something :rofl :rofl

Judy- how's the book so far ? I think I saw that at the store or online --- it looks like a suspense type book,isn't it ? And who wrote it ?

I just got into the introduction. It's fiction...about a family whose daughter was abducted...

author: Wm. Paul Young

Part of the blurb on the back: In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant THE SHACK wrestles with the timeless question: Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?"

I like the writer's style...so I think it'll be a good one...

Announcement! :lol

I've added your squares from Julie's Dare as follows: let me know if something is wrong, please. :D

Tracy ~ 22 solids; 19 solids; 2 bi-colors

Julie ~ 14 solids

Denise ~ 8 solids

Judy ~ 14 solids (already replied)

Me ~ None yet :blush

Archived