Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys

Just a quick jump in . I envy those of you having the warmer weather already. It gets pretty discouraging when the weather is cold and wet for so long at a time. This time of the year, it teases you a little too. You may get a day when they sky is blue and it's 40-something, or even 50 if you are lucky, then the next day it's grey with snow flurries again .

I always think March 1st, it should be springtime, but it never is . At least I have heard the birds tweeting the last 3 mornings, so thats always a good sign.

Havent gotten much done on my squares the past few days . I decided to toss in a round ripple baby-ghan, so I have been working on it, but hope to get back to the squares soon.

You all have a good rest of the weekend .

Where do you live? So you probably don't want to hear about the slight sunburn I got on my face today :lol My city is doing it's annual party and today was the 15k and 5k race events. I volunteered there this morning and now have a slightly red face :D Oh, and it's beautiful out today! But, that is changing tomorrow.

Mary, no name yet. :no I can't call her Denise or Kyla, 'cos neither of them are angels. :lol

Mary, 20 solids and 2 bicolours, please. :hook

Aww, poor Denise and Kyla. :D Wow! You just finished "Cara Angel" and you're already on to the next. :cheer I've added 20 solids and 2 bi-colors.

How does on graph a name for a saltine project?

and how would I put on there ryan Jonathan without it looking 'weird'. I am very anal about things matching up such a letters & all. That is why I never type on a typewriter. :lol

Any help would be appriciated. It need to be at least toddler sized.

Hi Jessica! I'm not much help on this one...hopefully someone will jump in with an idea. :yes

Julie, we'd love to hear about your RR colors, too.:hook

Hi to Cara, Val and Judy, too. :manyheart

HiYa Judy- yep, can do on the photo -- it's just the ordinary baby colors, pink, blue, green, yellow, lilac and a little bit of white thrown in . I'm not real far on it yet, maybe about 12 inches across at this point .

Hey there Miss Mary !

Val- I'm in good old Buckeye state .... no red faces here unless we go out to get the newspaper and our underpants are hanging out . Enjoy your nice weather . My parents live down there ~

Tracy is doing a name one. Where is she? Oh wait she is in bed because she got tired posting too much. :lol And Cara would know. :think

I am doing a name one. :yes But the two I made had short names in them, Riley on one for a girl and Owen on the new one for a boy. They are both cuddle sizes.

:yes, I was exhausted from making all those posts yesterdays. :whew I wasn't sure I would make it at one stage. :lol

I have to apologize to Denise and Kyla, they are both upset because I said they weren't angels. :rolleyes. Last time I checked, neither had wings or halo's, but they are insisting they are angels.

Howdy everyone :hi how are you all going.

I have been busy with my Angel ghan.

Mary - 76 solids and 14 bicolors thanks

Photos of Angel ghan. :hook

th_100_1729.jpg Kyla is holding Angel up for me.

th_100_1730.jpg closeup of the border. I eventually decided to go for a round of sc and a round of rhdc. Denise says I must show her, she wants to do that as a border as well. :D

Tracy its just gorgeous. :clap

I am joining this cal. I am needing to make a bedspread for the bed in my guest room since my parents in law are coming this November! :eek :eek

I will have been married 3 years on August 22 & I have never met my parents in law! So this quilt has to be perfect!

I am doing the Around The World quilt in white, dark pink & light pink.

Hi :hi and welcome, Im sure your ATW will look fantastic.

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Tracy, Miss Angel is so cute. I love your colors and the border is great! Does she have a name yet? :angel

I'll catch up more a little later...need to leave in a few minutes. Have a wonderful morning. :manyheart

Howdy Mary :hi thanks for keeping the spreadsheet of our totals going, your doing a great job. :hug

you'll have to better explain to me that joining method, I love how flat they lay.

Moving day tomorrow!!!! :clap

All the best with your move. :hug

Good Morning, all. DH is sleeping in and I'm trying to be quiet. :lol We've had 2 days in the 80's and this a.m. is 28 and very windy. :eek I think it will be a great day to stay in.

Judy, I've added 6 more to the list. :hook

The weather is just weird isnt it. In Australia, we still have the bushfires going in Melbourne, in Perth, New South Wales and Queensland we have flooding and in Adelaide a severe drought.

Thanks, Mary...

Our weather has been strange, too. Warm the past 2 days and now we can expect snow flurries (at least) over the next 2 days!:eek

Stay cozy:hug

Thats where you get colds, when the weather changes so much.

Mary, no name yet. :no I can't call her Denise or Kyla, 'cos neither of them are angels. :lol

:lol

Hey guys

Havent gotten much done on my squares the past few days . I decided to toss in a round ripple baby-ghan, so I have been working on it, but hope to get back to the squares soon.

You will get more done dont worry. :cheer :cheer

I have to apologize to Denise and Kyla, they are both upset because I said they weren't angels. :rolleyes. Last time I checked, neither had wings or halo's, but they are insisting they are angels.

Hi Everyone,

I can't report any saltines cause I haven't done any. Will hopefully make some this week.

You can do it . :cheer :cheer

Morning, ladies -

A special howdy to Tracy, Wendy and Pauline. Looks like you guys are the early birds in here today .

Tracy - you apoligized publicly for the angel comment, so I'm sure all is forgiven, and they know you were only joking .

Hey Wendy- did the fires over there ever get stopped ? I know they had it on our news several nights, but havent heard much about it recently, except I think they said they caught one guy for starting some of them. Is that true , or was that someone else ? I hope they were nowhere near you guys. I kept meaning to ask, but also kept forgetting to ask .

Pauline- don't feel bad, we all have those dry spells when we dont get a lot of crocheting accomplished. Sometimes other stuff gets in the way,doesnt it ?

Hi all ,

I just got this brainstorm, so thought I'd drop it in here to see if there are any takers .

I know I might get more squares made if there were a little contest to get me motivated .

I know we already post our totals to Mary, but I thought it might be fun to have a special challenge, or dare contest today .

If you wanna play ,pick any One Hour Time ,today .Pick an hour when you figure you'll have totally to yourself and won't have to get up for anything . See how many squares you can get done in that one hour limit .

I KNOW I won't win, I'm not that speedy, but I thought it might be a fun motivation if we made a little game out of it today to see how many squares we could do in an hour . Might be a pretty impressive total if we totalled all our squares together at the end just to see how many we as a group can crank out per hour .

Anybody wanna play ? :D:hook:D

Julie the fires in Victoria are still going, can you believe that. I dont think they are near homes at this stage. So far I think the death toll is 210 and approx 1200 homes lost, could be more now. Such devastation its unbelievable. Yes they caught one guy but thats it as far as I know. Victoria is about 10hours drive from where I live so its no where near me.

I am joining this cal. I am needing to make a bedspread for the bed in my guest room since my parents in law are coming this November! :eek :eek

I will have been married 3 years on August 22 & I have never met my parents in law! So this quilt has to be perfect!

I am doing the Around The World quilt in white, dark pink & light pink.

Good luck with meeting the inlaws. The ghan sounds like it will be beautiful.

Hey guys

Just a quick jump in . I envy those of you having the warmer weather already. It gets pretty discouraging when the weather is cold and wet for so long at a time. This time of the year, it teases you a little too. You may get a day when they sky is blue and it's 40-something, or even 50 if you are lucky, then the next day it's grey with snow flurries again .

I always think March 1st, it should be springtime, but it never is . At least I have heard the birds tweeting the last 3 mornings, so thats always a good sign.

We were having the warmer weather for a few days but now they are talking about snow today :eek So far it's only been rain. I hope it starts getting a little warmer for you soon.

I am doing a name one. :yes But the two I made had short names in them, Riley on one for a girl and Owen on the new one for a boy. They are both cuddle sizes.

:yes, I was exhausted from making all those posts yesterdays. :whew I wasn't sure I would make it at one stage. :lol

LOL My MIL always told me Maddie and Meaghan were angels. I said if they were then the horns were what was holding the halo up:lol

Hi all ,

I just got this brainstorm, so thought I'd drop it in here to see if there are any takers .

I know I might get more squares made if there were a little contest to get me motivated .

I know we already post our totals to Mary, but I thought it might be fun to have a special challenge, or dare contest today .

If you wanna play ,pick any One Hour Time ,today .Pick an hour when you figure you'll have totally to yourself and won't have to get up for anything . See how many squares you can get done in that one hour limit .

I KNOW I won't win, I'm not that speedy, but I thought it might be a fun motivation if we made a little game out of it today to see how many squares we could do in an hour . Might be a pretty impressive total if we totalled all our squares together at the end just to see how many we as a group can crank out per hour .

Anybody wanna play ? :D:hook:D

This sounds like it will be lots of fun. If I can get an hour to just sit tonight I'll be in. It all depends on what the plan is for tonight.

Julie the fires in Victoria are still going, can you believe that. I dont think they are near homes at this stage. So far I think the death toll is 210 and approx 1200 homes lost, could be more now. Such devastation its unbelievable. Yes they caught one guy but thats it as far as I know. Victoria is about 10hours drive from where I live so its no where near me.

I can't believe those fires are still going. I'm glad that they aren't near the homes anymore at least.

I have 1 bi-color and 21 solids to report.

Hey, Jules...

I'll try for an hour...I have my bright green and aran squares for a baby ghan I want done by St.Pat's day.

Hi, Tabby - you have so much going on in your life - I hope you can find some time for yourself.:hug

And I'll be mailing your square sometime this week...snowstorm tomorrow:(

Val- I'm in good old Buckeye state .... no red faces here unless we go out to get the newspaper and our underpants are hanging out . Enjoy your nice weather . My parents live down there ~

I don't know if you've heard from your parents yet today, but it's not so nice out right now. The cold front got here and now it's very cool and windy. I was thinking about going for a bike ride today, if there wasn't any wind I would. Instead I'm thinking this is a good day to rent a movie and curl up with my crochet :hook

Hey Val-

as a matter of fact, we did talk to my dad a few minutes this morning and he said some bad storms were on their way through, so it does sound like things down there arent real great weather-wise. Stay safe !

Wendy-

sorry to hear about the fires still going. They get them like that in California during certain times, too, I think . It's sad that so many lost their lives and homes . I hope you start getting lots of rain or something ,maybe that will help to stop them too .

Donna and Judy- thanks for taking up the challenge if you get the chance today. I figured Sunday might be a good day to try it, since most people are off work or have a little extra time to do odds and ends that they cant do on the weekdays .

Hey Tab ! Hang in there -- we're all here, some more than others ( I'm one of the "others"), not here as much, but trying to work back up to at least once a day checkin . Don't worry about being cranky. We all have times like that .

Tracy- if you get the chance, could you try just making squares for an hour ? If we count up putting together time, it will kinda throw off the times, because that is more time-consuming (for me at least ), than making the squares .

Good Morning! Here are the squares I've added since yesterday evening...

Mary - 31 solids for me please :yes

Mary - 76 solids and 14 bicolors thanks

I have 1 bi-color and 21 solids to report.

Mary, 10 more solids, please

Julie ~ I love your "dare" for an hour of making squares! It will be this afternoon for me...it's perfect timing because for once in my life I've joined all of the squares in my ziploc. :lol

Val, stay safe and warm. :manyheart It's really cold (24) and windy here this a.m. but at least the sun is out.

Tracy, you are so speedy! Can't wait to see the new quilt ghan. :yes

Hi to those I've missed. It's easier to do some of DH's and MIL's bookkeeping when he's here in case I have questions or can't read his writing. :lol So, it's back to the desk for me.

JUDY!!! I don't remember your ROUND RIPPLE being made of SALTINES!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're funny - if you know of a way to make a RR with saltines, do tell:lol

Mary, in just under an hour I made 14 saltines:hook Solids

Archived