Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, since you are taking a break from all that cleaning, would you head North and give me some motivation? :D How is Miss Angel coming along?

K ~ Thanks for the recipe. :yes DH would probably faint if I made a "real" breakfast...I used to cook a lot more.

Julie, your squares in the picture looked great. I think we tend to be our own worst critic. :hook

Hi Linda ~ Can't wait for pictures!

I'm reporting 26 solids and 9 bi-colors. :) Time to do more joining. :crocheting

I didn't realize how long it's been since I took and posted some pictures here. Wow Over a month. So here goes. First are my latest 4 preemie afghans with a new joining method. I forgot my yarn needle so came up with joining them with a slip stitch in square 1, chain 1, slip stitch in corresponding stitch in square 2, chain 1, slip stitch in next stitch in square 1, and continue across.

DCP_1576.jpgDCP_1575.jpg

DCP_1577.jpgDCP_1573.jpg

DCP_1581.jpg

Then for my creations: A Mini Pineapple Snowflake Doily and my February Clumping Snowflake.

DCP_1561.jpgDCP_1567.jpg

The doily at 8" in diameter is definitely way to big to use as an ornament. :lol :lol :lol

Shelly - I had a waffle recipe that came with my waffle iron, and it was good. I don't think they're quite the same.

If you go on Southbeachdiet.com they have an awesome waffle recipe that has NO flour in it, and it was fabulous. You really could not tell the difference except it was a HAIR less crispy. If you can't find it there, I'll see if I can find my copy.

Krystal I tried going on there and all they wanted was for me to sign up

Priszm - if you're looking for a special treat, drop a few M&M's, chocolate chips or bllueberries onto the pancake right after you've poured it onto the griddle. YUM!

I love adding chocolate chips to pancakes. Very yummy! And growing up we'd go camping along the MN/Canada border and pick wild blueberries. Those were the best pancakes ever!

I didn't realize how long it's been since I took and posted some pictures here. Wow Over a month. So here goes. First are my latest 4 preemie afghans with a new joining method. I forgot my yarn needle so came up with joining them with a slip stitch in square 1, chain 1, slip stitch in corresponding stitch in square 2, chain 1, slip stitch in next stitch in square 1, and continue across.

DCP_1576.jpgDCP_1575.jpg

DCP_1577.jpgDCP_1573.jpg

DCP_1581.jpg

Then for my creations: A Mini Pineapple Snowflake Doily and my February Clumping Snowflake.

DCP_1561.jpgDCP_1567.jpg

The doily at 8" in diameter is definitely way to big to use as an ornament. :lol :lol :lol

The joining method looks really cool! I might have to try that sometime.

Linda - Beautiful work!! :clap

Mary - My get up and go has got up and went :( that didn't last long :sigh Kept falling asleep all afternoon and I'm not a happy camper about it.

Ewwww, I don't like stuff in my pancakes. Just plain ol' buttermilk pancakes with butter and syrup :drool Mmmm, that sounds good. If I didn't want to have to reclean the kitchen I go make some :rofl :rofl

Ewwww, I don't like stuff in my pancakes. Just plain ol' buttermilk pancakes with butter and syrup :drool Mmmm, that sounds good. If I didn't want to have to reclean the kitchen I go make some :rofl :rofl

There's always tomorrow!

Howdy doody everyone :hi

DCP_1576.jpgDCP_1575.jpg

DCP_1577.jpgDCP_1573.jpg

DCP_1581.jpg

DCP_1561.jpgDCP_1567.jpg

The preemie ghans are beautiful, wow you sure work fast. :clap

I only like sugar on my pancakes. :drool

Maybe for supper. I have a stupid fasting blood test in the morning. Oh course, IHOP serves pancakes 24/7 :lol

Goodluck with the test. :hug

Good morning! Thanks for the compliments on the joining method. I'm not sure how it would work on saltines, but I might find out this weekend as it's the Charity square-a-long weekend. That means I'll be making more squares for preemie afghans and maybe some of the angels, too. :hook

Good Morning, ladies. It's very windy and warm and supposed to be 86 here today. :eek That's crazy for February even in our area.

Donna, I've added 6 solids and 2 bi-colors. :hook

Cara, I hope your test was early...last week I was starving when I left the doctor's after fasting. So I told myself I deserved a hamburger. :lol

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Cara, I hope your test was early...last week I was starving when I left the doctor's after fasting. So I told myself I deserved a hamburger. :lol

Nope :no Can't get there til 11:30 but funny thing is I told myself I would deserve a hamburger after that too :rofl :rofl

Just a quick drop in to wish everyone a very happy day!

Today's my day out. Looks like it might be short. Depends on what my sister has in mind. :lol

Hey guys - just a quick note-- I got a pm from a new girl ( handle is Jempast, real name, Crystal ) .

She wants to join up, so I told her to come on in and post. I told her you guys would welcome her with open arms, as I know you will, so just as kinda a notice to keep an eye out when she comes in . She'll tell you about the project she has in mind .

Welcome Crystal -- jump on in !

Julie, that's great...another quiltghan will be made for posterity:D

I know her name from the K.I.S.S. swap I was just on and from other places...

Don't be shy, Crystal!

I am joining this cal. I am needing to make a bedspread for the bed in my guest room since my parents in law are coming this November! :eek :eek

I will have been married 3 years on August 22 & I have never met my parents in law! So this quilt has to be perfect!

I am doing the Around The World quilt in white, dark pink & light pink.

Hey guys - just a quick note-- I got a pm from a new girl ( handle is Jempast, real name, Crystal ) .

She wants to join up, so I told her to come on in and post. I told her you guys would welcome her with open arms, as I know you will, so just as kinda a notice to keep an eye out when she comes in . She'll tell you about the project she has in mind .

Welcome Crystal -- jump on in !

Thanks!

Crystal, that;s a great one to make...and will be gorgeous in those colors. Just remember: leave long tails for joining and join them when you have a small pile or you'll be overwhelmed. (Voice of experience here) make sure you use the same side of the squares as your "right" side - Cara's directions have you turning the square for the second row, and that's what 99% of us do, leaving that last row for the right side.

...I REALLY have to dig out my barely started ATW and get it done! Soon...:blush

I am joining this cal. I am needing to make a bedspread for the bed in my guest room since my parents in law are coming this November! :eek :eek

I will have been married 3 years on August 22 & I have never met my parents in law! So this quilt has to be perfect!

I am doing the Around The World quilt in white, dark pink & light pink.

those colors together should be wonderful! And I never met my inlaws. I kind of did actually but that is when my MIL accused my mother of doing an 8ball (drugs for those who do not know) with my now husband (then just friend). She has never done drugs in her life. It mad me very mad. The DH has kept me away from his family because I just do not keep my mouth shut with their narrow minded ways. :lol

Archived