Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okey- doke, here's my first Rail Fence square - not exactly laid out perfectly flat, but you get the idea :

th_001.jpg

It's lovely, Julie! The blues and greens are perfect together! :cheer

Julie that looks great. I love the colors.

I have 48 solids to report from the weekend.

Hi Donna~48 more added. :)

Tracy ~ How is Angie Angel coming along? :D

Linda, I hope you have some time to crochet today. :yes

Thanks guys - glad to hear you like the colors. I didn't think they'd look that good together when I first started, but I like them ,too .

I've been working on more squares this morning, so we'll see if I can get enough done for square # 2 .

Good luck to all the rest of the Saltine Gang ! Maybe we will get to see some photos this Friday if anyone has something they'd like to share .

You guys have a good day .

We are finally home and settled in to rest for a bit. The doctor's appointment went okay. I took the diet in with me this time. All printed up with calories and amounts and grams of protein and what isn't allowed or how much is allowed. I've been saying my goal was 34 grams of protein a day for over a year and today with it in black and white was the first time it registered with the doctor. He said I didn't have to restrict it that much, that it could be as much as 90 grams a day, although the reason the numbers were so much better was because the protein was so restricted. This is the same doctor that a year ago was saying that 34 was too high and I had to cut it back more. I sometimes really don't think they listen to what we as patients say. He also wanted to know what my background was because of how I had everything written down and calculated out. 14 years as a nurse and 12 years in accounting. His response was that the diet chart had to be from the accounting part. He didn't believe me when I said that was just me, not the accounting. Oh, well. At least it was a positive visit for a change. :P

I don't think they listen either. Glad yours turned out better for you this time.

Cara- sounds great that your new pill is givning you so much more get-up-and-go . You're right, though, that is wasting it on cleaning . Boring ......

Linda- sounds like you had a successful Dr visit, and you are right, they dont listen very well sometimes. You tell them something and then next visit, you have to tell them again. They must have their minds on too many other things at a time to give us their full attention .

Okey- doke, here's my first Rail Fence square - not exactly laid out perfectly flat, but you get the idea :

th_001.jpg

Julie love the rail fence square. I like the colours too.

:hi Mary. Angie Angel (catchy name :wink) is done. :hook Just about to start the border. Please add 95 solids for me. :hook

And as for the pancakes, I made them from scratch and they were :drool with chocolate spread. :D And cheeky Kyla wanted to know how many packets of pancake mix we had, I didn't understand her at first, but turned out she thought I had bought mix and just added water. :lol Boy, was she shocked to learn that I did actually make them from scratch. :lol

Mary, 12 solids, please (but I sent them to Shelly for her projects:lol)

Thanks, Judy! That is such a great idea...12 more added. :hook

Julie your rail fence is lovely :cheer

I managed to crochet a few saltines today, after I worked them together I will give the total :yarn

Tracy just made us some pancakes :)

Hi Denise. Yumm - I'm getting hungry. :lol Looking forward to seeing your Angel. :yes

:hi Mary. Angie Angel (catchy name :wink) is done. :hook Just about to start the border. Please add 95 solids for me. :hook

And as for the pancakes, I made them from scratch and they were :drool with chocolate spread. :D And cheeky Kyla wanted to know how many packets of pancake mix we had, I didn't understand her at first, but turned out she thought I had bought mix and just added water. :lol Boy, was she shocked to learn that I did actually make them from scratch. :lol

95 more added! Yay for being nearly finished. :cheer I used to make lots of pancakes for DD and used cookie cutters to make fun shapes. :D

Mary, that is a good idea. Never thought of that and we have shapes used to make shapes out of fried eggs. :D I don't like pancakes, so we hardly ever eat them. But tonight I got told we have a stupid family because we aren't eating pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, so I decided to make some and I actually enjoyed them. :lol

:lol Judy, I am doing more than that, I am making her do some of the cooking. :lol She makes great spaghetti bolognaise (sp) and she just needs to learn how to make a cheese sauce from scratch and she will be making macaroni cheese, too. :) For now all she does is boil the pasta and grate the cheese.

Tracy, that's excellent!:clap Kyla is just at the right age to get into it.

Unfortunately, when I was young I always had my nose in a nbook...and it wasn't a cookbook, so poor SDR was my taste-tester...LOL!

:lol Judy, I am doing more than that, I am making her do some of the cooking. :lol She makes great spaghetti bolognaise (sp) and she just needs to learn how to make a cheese sauce from scratch and she will be making macaroni cheese, too. :) For now all she does is boil the pasta and grate the cheese.

Tracy - I have a recipe from a Kids' cookbook for mac & cheese from scratch. My DS11 uses it all the time and it is :drool YUMMY!

Cara- sounds great that your new pill is givning you so much more get-up-and-go . You're right, though, that is wasting it on cleaning . Boring ......

Linda- sounds like you had a successful Dr visit, and you are right, they dont listen very well sometimes. You tell them something and then next visit, you have to tell them again. They must have their minds on too many other things at a time to give us their full attention .

th_001.jpg

Love the colors Julie! :clap

Cara, have you thought about a border for Angel yet? :hook

No :no Doesn't look like I'm going to be getting to done by this weekend either :no

Unfortunately, when I was young I always had my nose in a nbook...and it wasn't a cookbook, so poor SDR was my taste-tester...LOL!

:lol BD was mine too. First husband was a cook so I never cooked (except pancakes, oddly enough :lol). I had never learned. We had lots of dinners that went in the garbage and the pizza delivery place on speed dial :lol

More cleaning today. Think I over did it but that's okay. Had to be done. This place was filthier than I thought it was :blush

It's done now though. Just have to keep up with it.

Need to see if I can get some crocheting done this evening but I'm not promising anything :lol

Cara - my kids are all learning to cook, especially the boys. I tell them that even if they get married (DD11 says he won't, typical boy) they still need to know how to cook. I told them they'd have to cook in college and before getting married, and there's no guarantee that their spouse will know how to cook.

Cara - my kids are all learning to cook, especially the boys. I tell them that even if they get married (DD11 says he won't, typical boy) they still need to know how to cook. I told them they'd have to cook in college and before getting married, and there's no guarantee that their spouse will know how to cook.

I wish I could trust my oldest to cook more then instant oatmeal. :sigh One day there will be no worries with him. My middle one used to love the food channel. the youngest is easy going with it all. If he doesn't like it he wont eat till snack time. :lol

My mother taught my brothers how to cook simple meals , do laundry, mend a rip, sew on a button...and clean although they didn't like that.... of course Dad taught the girls how to change a tire, check and add the fluids in a car ( gas, oil, radiator liquid, washer fluid), mow a lawn and do other outside work....

Both of mine learned to cook while still in grade school and improved on it from then on. I drove my daughter crazy when she was trying to figure out how I spiced stuff though, because I didn't measure any of the spices. It was a pinch of this, a bit more of that, some of that, etc...... Then she'd want to know how much a pinch was. My casseroles never had the same ingredients twice in a row either. :lol :lol :lol She became a very good cook in spite of me. So did my son.

Howdy everyone :hi:flower

I havent done any saltines lately, been busy making other squares etc. Too many projects on the go you know how it is. But there is always room for more. :lol

th_001.jpg

Very nice Julie.

Yep I was always too busy reading to get involved in cooking and even now I have better things to do than be in the kitchen. I cook basic meals.

:lol BD was mine too. First husband was a cook so I never cooked (except pancakes, oddly enough :lol). I had never learned. We had lots of dinners that went in the garbage and the pizza delivery place on speed dial :lol

More cleaning today. Think I over did it but that's okay. Had to be done. This place was filthier than I thought it was :blush

It's done now though. Just have to keep up with it.

Need to see if I can get some crocheting done this evening but I'm not promising anything :lol

Cara howdy doody :hi hows the Angel coming along, are you nearly finished like Tracy is. Tracy is nearly ready for another project. :D

Archived