Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone :manyheart

I haven't made any new saltines lately - it's been another busy week... That has been the story of my summer it seems. But I am slowly attaching some of the squares I've made onto my ATW. I plan to get more attached today :yes

Mary it so wasnt your mistake, I am still trying to figure it all out and completely forgot about the bicolor being 2 points. Thank you for all that ya do...:clap:clap:clap I have a birthday party this evening so I am not sure if I will be back to post today or not but...I have 13 more solids and 10 more bicolors to add :) have a great day.

:hug

Here is my Card Trick Pillow all finished. Pictures are clickable. Now tomorrow I will make a start on the cat ghan and making saltines again. :woo

th_P1030722.jpgThis side shows one big card trick block

th_P1030723.jpgThis side shows 4 card trick blocks

th_P1030724.jpg Just showing you the zipper I put in by hand.

Wendy, Hi!

Great job on the pillow...:clap:clap

Many times I prefer sewing by hand, esp for something as "tight" as a zipper.

She doesn't she lives in Iowa but her husbands family has always vacationed in Gulf Shores Alabama. Its a beautiful resort area on the coast south of Mobile. I'm not sure how they got into being such big Alabama fans. But the last 2 years we have spent a week in Gulf Shores on the beach and it was GREAT! They have a great outlet mall there and a restaurant called "Lamberts" where they throw rolls at you and its great food and fun! I think we will make it a tradition!

Hi all,

Just checking in all the threads. Hope every had a great day yesterday.

Thanks for the well wishes for my weekend.

Pickles, what part of Alabama does your sister live in. I'm from Alabama also.

:ty I'm hoping you all will like it! I've been working on more to so we shall see! Now if only I can find someone to crochet them for me! It takes a lot less time to design one than it does to crochet one! :hook

Val Im glad you had a great day.

Pickles your gonna be a designer on Cara's site, thats fantastic. :yay:clap

:clapWendy this looks great!!!!! And I could never make a zipper look that good! Thats what my mom is for! :D Amazing work! :yay

Here is my Card Trick Pillow all finished. Pictures are clickable. Now tomorrow I will make a start on the cat ghan and making saltines again. :woo

It's beautiful, Wendy! You did a wonderful job with the zipper, too. :yay

Good Morning, all. We just came in from mowing and it's supposed to be 107 today...and for the next week. :( Now, I'm in where it's cool and it feels wonderful.

Carla~13 solids and 10 bicolors added. :hook

Hi Valerie, I hope you're enjoying a weekend off. Will you have some crochet time? :crocheting

Wendy~I knew you couldn't stay away from the little squares much longer. :lol

Hi Miss Tracy!

Yep, I've done the scorecard in both Excel and Word...even with going through Wordpad or Notepad, the integrity of the columns is lost when you copy/paste into the 'Ville. I love Excel, too! DD and I did every single Wedding detail in it and could each make changes when needed...

Good Morning, all. We just came in from mowing and it's supposed to be 107 today...and for the next week. :( Now, I'm in where it's cool and it feels wonderful.

EEW! Keep that heat that direction! We have been in the mid 90s and thats hot enough for me! :hot and to think we want to move back to phoenix where its been 115! what am I thinking!

I picked up a couple neat booklets at a yard sale today and there was a pattern in there for a quilt-ghan with little sail boats on it. Here is a link to one for sale on Amazon. It's the blue one on the cover (but hard to see)

http://www.amazon.com/Afghan-Treasury-Patterns-Knit-Crochet/dp/0881950645

There is also a kittens in a row pattern in this one too :manyheart

The second booklet I got has a cute kittie pillow done in saltines. Check the picture ont he back cover of this booklet:

http://kaleidesigns.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=166

50 cents for both of them :D

Karen I think I like your sale items better :lol I went to Penny's today and for some reason there's no tax on clothes. Now, Florida has in years past done a tax break for back to school shopping. But I haven't heard anything about it this year, so I don't know if that's what this was or what. I went in for 1 thing! I needed some new bras, and I ended up spending almost $100! I also got 4 new tops. So Karen, definitely like your's better :D

Good afternoon ladies :flower

Wendy - The pillow came out great :clap Excellent job on the zipper. I, too, am afraid to try to using the machine on yarn. It's a nice machine and I don't wanna mess it up :lol

Mary - Okay, had to go check and see what our forecast was after your post. We're slated for 107 too :faint Think the grocery run will happen in the middle of the night when it gets down in the 80s. Thank goodness for 24 hours HEBs :lol

Karen - Great finds at the yard sale :clap

Priszm - Ohh another Penney's junkie huh? I love Penney's. It's my favorite non-yarn store. I always get in trouble there :lol

Yep, just getting up. Well, about an hour ago. That's what happens when you don't go to bed until 7 a.m. :lol

Karen I think I like your sale items better :lol I went to Penny's today and for some reason there's no tax on clothes. Now, Florida has in years past done a tax break for back to school shopping. But I haven't heard anything about it this year, so I don't know if that's what this was or what. I went in for 1 thing! I needed some new bras, and I ended up spending almost $100! I also got 4 new tops. So Karen, definitely like your's better :D

:D I hate shopping for bras... :P Tough to find a comfy one that doesn't drive me nuts. Sports bras are even worse. By the time they are tough enough to hold thinngs relatively still when exercising they are near impossible to get in or out of :P It's a close second (after my shoes) to go when I get home :D

Back to sewing my saltines together. The light purple round is attached now and I'm onto the medium purple. Hubby and I may go fishing for a bit this evening and then watch some TV. I'll get another picture posted soon :yay

Archived