Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Ok I found a free program called Quilt Assistant that works great for solid squares. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to do bicolors though. But so far I have figured out 2 ginghams I want to make with the program. The program also works for making a picture into a quilt pattern but wouldn't work for saltines!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :flower

Yep I was sleeping in. Still wasn't feeling well so I went back to sleep after the Tuon routine.

Here's the grid for those that want :D I use Paint Shop Pro but Paint works just as well. To make bi-color squares you have to use the Pen (or draw of whatever it's called in other programs) to make a diagonal line across a square. Be sure to touch both corners and then flood fill the halves. Easy peasy :D

Gonna work on charity/friendship squares today. I haven't crocheted anything except a few stitches for 3 days now. I must really have felt awful not to crochet :(

Ok I found a free program called Quilt Assistant that works great for solid squares. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to do bicolors though. But so far I have figured out 2 ginghams I want to make with the program. The program also works for making a picture into a quilt pattern but wouldn't work for saltines!

Search for my posts in here. I found one that allows you to make the grid based on how big you want the item. It can be copied/opened in Paint. I tried it and was able to use the drawing lines to make diaganols.

Search for my posts in here. I found one that allows you to make the grid based on how big you want the item. It can be copied/opened in Paint. I tried it and was able to use the drawing lines to make diaganols.

Found your post! Thank you! :cheer Its actually the same site i have been using to print out graph paper but you gave instructions on how to get it into paint instead of pdf and thats what I needed! :yay

Hi Ladies. Everyone must be getting ready for the games?

Pickles, I can't help with the pattern questions...Judy is a pro and maybe some others are, too. :)

I've been joining squares/rows for the next block this afternoon. :cheer

Hi Ladies. Everyone must be getting ready for the games?

Pickles, I can't help with the pattern questions...Judy is a pro and maybe some others are, too. :)

I've been joining squares/rows for the next block this afternoon. :cheer

Judy did help!!! Thanks Judy again!

The pattern is for the games that I finally joined!!! :cheer:clap

Here is the pattern if anyone is interested:

http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/Rock-a-Star_Baby_Blankie.pdf

Pickles, what an adorable pattern. What colors will you use? Good luck with the Games...I volunteered to be a cheerleader for you all. :D

Well my sister and her family are big fans of Alabama (not sure if State or University, the one with the Elephant mascot you know Roll Tide Roll?!?!? :lol) so I am using Cranberry ILTY (closest to the school's Crimson) for all of the squares, bordering and joining the squares with Gray Mist ILTY and the stars and initials in white. The school's colors are Crimson, Gray, and white and thats what they are doing in the baby's room in. Only problem is they are "trying" to keep the baby's name a secret!! So I don't know what initials to use yet. But I know I can get it out of either my sister or my other nephew when the time comes. I'm leaving those blocks for last!

By the way I was lurking around the sky CAL :lurk and noticed 2 things. The first you all are thinking of starting over. I think this is a great idea because I would love to join after the games but can't keep up with the CAL right now. Its so busy its not a good one to just jump in! :lol The 2nd is Krystal happened to mention that Vanna's Choice yarn is on sale on Mary Maxim for $1.97!!!!! My husband would like to have a few choice words with you Krystal!! And my dad because I just told my mom too!!!! :devil

Here is the updated scorecard, ladies. Please let me know if you see any mistakes or if anyone wants to join the contest. Everyone is welcome!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Carla (canostreasures) 120

I am sorry I am sure this is my mistake but as of yesterday I have only 113 saltines....I have done 73 solids and 30 bicolor...I am sure I posted incorrectly I will get used to this asap...Thank you for all your hard work keeping up with us all. I am off to do some more :crocheting....

Pickles, that's great that you know the baby's room colors and can go with those! I saw the Mary Maxim sale, too...and am trying to be good. :hook

Yeah me too I got the lecture from dh NO MORE YARN! :eek I agreed to be good until the games are over. We'll see if I can last that long!

And the baby's room colors were easy! They are HUGE fans! You rarely see either of them in anything other than an Alabama shirt and they named one of there dogs Bama. I think the crimson and gray are good for a little boys room though! Blue gets old after a while!

I am sorry I am sure this is my mistake but as of yesterday I have only 113 saltines....I have done 73 solids and 30 bicolor...I am sure I posted incorrectly I will get used to this asap...Thank you for all your hard work keeping up with us all. I am off to do some more :crocheting....

Thanks, Carla...and I've never been known for my math skills, :lol so please don't hesitate to let me know if I've goofed. :manyheart

Mary, 10 more solids for me please.:hook

As to the discussion of DHs and more yarn......mine is very unusual....he always says are you sure that is all you need? Want to get a few more just in case? And he never hesitates when I say I want to go yarn shopping! I've definitely got a keeper!

As to the discussion of DHs and more yarn......mine is very unusual....he always says are you sure that is all you need? Want to get a few more just in case? And he never hesitates when I say I want to go yarn shopping! I've definitely got a keeper!

Hi Linda~I'm lucky, too. DH is a sweetie and is so complimentary about my projects...and has never cared about how much money I spend on yarn. :yarn 10 squares added. :hook

Oh mine is all for yarn purchases if I already have a project planned. :hook

But if its "just because its on sale" thats a no go. I'm good about sneaking it usually but this time I opened my big mouth and squealed with delight when I saw Krystal's comment about the sale so he needed to know right away what it was about! When I told him I got "the look" so I knew better! :blush

Thanks, Carla...and I've never been known for my math skills, :lol so please don't hesitate to let me know if I've goofed. :manyheart

Are you tracking in Excel? You may be able to set up a formula for that

Are you tracking in Excel? You may be able to set up a formula for that

OOOh I love excel if you need some pointers on how to set this up. Only problem is I don't have excel on the home laptop ! :think Wish I could purchase just excel and not the whole microsoft package!!!!!

I believe Krystal uses excel for the row a day cal too so she may be able to help out!

Howdy everyone

Mary the leaderboard looks great. :clap

Mary Im doing squares for the games, the Koala one. I reckon a picture does keep you more interested.

Pickles that pattern your doing for the games is going to look fantastic.

I think Im going to get started on the cat ghan until the games start, Im having huge saltine withdrawals at the moment.

Good morning Wendy! :2hug

Howdy everyone

Mary the leaderboard looks great. :clap

Mary Im doing squares for the games, the Koala one. I reckon a picture does keep you more interested.

Pickles that pattern your doing for the games is going to look fantastic.

I think Im going to get started on the cat ghan until the games start, Im having huge saltine withdrawals at the moment.

Archived