Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pickles, I really feel for the poor baby regarding the spinal tap. I had to have one a year and a half ago. I definitely don't recommend anyone getting one while awake. The poor thing!

Another day here is winding down. I'm ready to be home. All the adults are doing a countdown of the days now.

I went to HL today and bought some more clearance yarn. I'm going to use it to make myself a Celtic Knot shawl like the one I made Rosie's daughter. Different colors and yarn, but same pattern. I've finished 5 of 34 rows of the back section already. I'm using a J instead of an I hook on this one. I'm using 1 strand of Yarn Bee Intrigue in Midnight Blue and 1 strand of Moda Dea Dream in Black. It's going to be striking I think. :crocheting

Shelly your colors for the Amish would look great.

Is everyone set for the games, have you entered come on and join Team Sky.:cheer

I have been busy last night making yarn cakes and getting it all ready for the games.

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Definitely set for the games. :yay I just hope I have enough of this white yarn to make the ghan :lol I think I do and even if I don't it's really common so I can get more.

Gonna get the end of my HIJ stuff ready today for a trip to the PO tomorrow. Nephew is coming over this afternoon and spending the night. I need him to put stuff in the attic in the morning because my new dinette is finally being delivered tomorrow :yay

Good Morning, all. :)

Cara, I'm glad you're getting your new furniture! I forgot :blush what you're making for the games...remind me? :lol

Leaving shortly to take Son-in-law's Birthday present by their house and then to the store. Have a great morning. :hook

Thanks everyone for the compliments....I was really worried about the varigated yarn, thank you all for the great input on it. Off to make more saltines....:hook

22 bicolor 27 solids

Added. :)

Morning Mary :hug I'm making a ghan out of this square I did a while back. I've reworked it because it didn't lie flat enough. Does now :lol I'm going to make it all in white for my BILs hopefully soon to be wedding gift :D Happy Bday to your SIL :yay

Oooooo, Cara, new furniture. Gonna take a picture and show us?

Once I get home and get some good uninterrupted sleep, I'll be ready for the games. Just have to print off the pattern and dig out the yarn from under the bed. I've signup and asked to be on the Sky Team so that's all done. This is going to be so much fun! There are lots and lots of us signed up to play! :hook:crocheting:hook

Kim's still asleep and I've been awake for about 20 minutes is all. Of course I didn't get to sleep until after midnight so that might have something to do with it. I'm sooooo tired.

How's Lennon this morning? Better I'm hoping. :hug :hug :hug

Afternoon everyone.

Had to go to Doctor this morning so after that I treated myself and went to HL for yarn. Came out with 19 skeins :clap ! Enough to do 2 more ghans and a shawl at least. So tonight I can make more saltines :c9:yes. They had many more colors to choose from this time. Had the ones I wanted without any problem. So I guess they've gotten in the new colors that I heard about. Quite a few new solids and several variegated. I could easily have come out of there with at least that many more skeins but I showed a little restraint! :lol

Linda - Yeah our HL suddenly had a bunch of new colors too. I'm glad to see so many colors in the line :yes

I'm jealous...like Tammy, no HL anywhere near me:(

Howdy to everyone :hi

Linda wow you got lots of yarn to make more saltines :D

Cara hope your headache has gone away. :hug

Selanda thankyou.

Well I still havent done any saltines, might start the cat ghan on the weekend and take it with me to Mums place.

I was busy making the squares for the butterfly quilts and they are 3 row squares, anyway after the 2nd row I kept cutting the yarn thinking I was making saltines. grrr so annoying as I then had to reattach the yarn to do the 3rd row. I think the weekend better hurry up and get here. :lol

Well I still havent done any saltines, might start the cat ghan on the weekend and take it with me to Mums place.

I was busy making the squares for the butterfly quilts and they are 3 row squares, anyway after the 2nd row I kept cutting the yarn thinking I was making saltines. grrr so annoying as I then had to reattach the yarn to do the 3rd row. I think the weekend better hurry up and get here. :lol

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Hello everyone! :hi

We are home! We all got home late last night. Lennon is doing very good! They said the UTI was a false alarm but just to be sure they did an ultrasound of her kidneys to make sure no infection and that came out good. :yes So they are chalking the whole thing up to gastroentinitis ( a fancy term for the stomach flu basically ). Guess we lucked out but glad we went just to make sure nothing more serious. Her followup appointment is tomorrow morning at 9 am to get the rest of test results so hopefully that goes well also!

Thanks for everyone's kind words and prayers! :hug

Was graphing out a new quilt ghan pattern I'm working on and thought of something. Anyone interested in doing a saltine swap? Haven't figured out the details quite yet but if we all swap a bunch of squares and do a 9 patch pattern we could each have a nice lapghan with a little bit of everyone built in :D Anyways let me know if anyone is interested I would be more than happy to arrange and keep track of it. Thought it would be a nice addition to this CAL! :yes

Archived