Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi Tabby ~ I love your avatar and it makes me happy when you're here. :) Ooh, I remember your stars and stripes - be sure and post a picture. :yes

Now, I've got to help DH in the yard...it's supposed to be 104 today. :hot

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all, well I didn't get my block done but I am going to get it done this morning. I am hoping for some advice. This is the first quiltghan I have done. I am doing 'We're all God's Children' I have been planning on doing it big block by big block but I see a lot of you join all the way across and then do the next row. Have any of you did it big block by big block? Also I am getting ready to do the bicolor and this is going to sound a bit elementary probably but do I need plan out which color goes where or just move the block in the position I need? Sorry for the crazy annoying questions early in the day, any advice will be great appreciated :hug

Carla -

You can do your afghan however it makes sense. AGC sounds like one that would make sense doing by the block.

As for plannig which way the block goes, you just make it and then turn it however you need. You might need to use the "wrong" side to get it right, though.

Thank you Krystal for the help....I am off to get that done. And hopefully post a pic later on of it.....I gotta figure it out sometime;) Don't feel to alone I gotta get my boys to clean their pigsty today too. It's like pulling teeth. Wish me luck.

Thanks, Judy and Mary.

Diane, they are all for my Painted Desert Quiltghan. I now have 80% of the saltines crocheted and 2 strips of 4 blocks each assembled. I have 3 1/2 more blocks of saltines to crochet. This one is for me!

Here's a picture of what I've got assembled so far and one of the individual blocks:

DCP_1413.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

Thanks, Judy and Mary.

Diane, they are all for my Painted Desert Quiltghan. I now have 80% of the saltines crocheted and 2 strips of 4 blocks each assembled. I have 3 1/2 more blocks of saltines to crochet. This one is for me!

Here's a picture of what I've got assembled so far and one of the individual blocks:

DCP_1413.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

Beautiful. I really love that design. :clap

Hi Tabby ~ I love your avatar and it makes me happy when you're here. :) Ooh, I remember your stars and stripes - be sure and post a picture. :yes

Now, I've got to help DH in the yard...it's supposed to be 104 today. :hot

Thank you Mary. I love Tinkerbell & I couldn't believe I found a quilt block with her in it. Now I just wish I could sew. :lol

Thanks, Judy and Mary.

DCP_1413.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

WOWZERS!!!!!!!! I like that!!

That's pretty Linda!

Joyce

Thanks, Judy and Mary.

DCP_1413.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

:cheer:cheer:cheer :clap:clap:clapHurray for Wendy and Linda for hitting 2000! :cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:clap

I finished my shawl just a few minutes ago. Think I'll take it with me tonight; it matches what I am wearing (now isn't that a coincidence ;);))....We are meeting friends for dinner and the restaurant is usually cold to me.

Now I can get back to saltines tomorrow. :clap Gotta get busy...I have 3 ghans to do for Christmas and maybe 2 smaller ones if I can fit them in. Busy, busy, busy!

Good morning ladies :flower

Lots of chatting here in the house. I love it :manyheart

And I see there's excellent reason for it!!

CONGRATULATIONS WENDY & LINDA FOR MAKING 2000!!!!!

:clap:cheer:party:dance:woo:dance:party:cheer:clap

Carla - Yes, when I do one that has repeating blocks like AGC I do a block at a time but still break it down to rows within the block. Did that make sense? :think

Linda - I love, love, LOVE the Painted Desert!! :drool

Tabby - I can't sew quilts either that's why I crochet 'em :lol I'm so glad to see you here :hug

Mary - Be careful out in the heat :hug

Okay gotta go check the other threads and then get myself busy :hook

Thanks, Judy and Mary.

DCP_1413.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

I love your colors!!:yay

Hi, Cara!

I'm off in a second to do more :crocheting...we were out for a while, and now are hibernating again.....

:hi ladies. :hot today.

Linda, gorgeous. :drool

:yay Wendy and Linda :cheer

Mary, 50 solids and 4 bicolours, please. :hook

I only have one more row of saltines to do and then Ducky will be put away until I get home to find the yarn for the border. Mom and I have decided that it should be the same green as some of the tiles if I can find more of it at home. :hook

Mary ~ 17 solids for me & that's 2,000 for me, too. :jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

Linda thats fantastic we got to 2000 on the same day. :clap:woo:cheer:hug

Your Painted desert ghan looks amazing, I just love the pattern and the colors you chose. :clap

Thanks everyone. :hug

I have to get ready for The Pedal Prix race at Victoria Park. Emma is in the team racing for her school. Its an all dayer, boy I will be tired by the time I get home. Im taking my row a day to do and also my card trick squares to try and sew more together.

Thanks, everyone.

Wendy, good luck to Emma in the race. I'm so happy we could finish together. It makes it doubly special.

Tracy, it was so hot here when I went out to play catch with Austin a couple hours ago that I almost burned my feet on the pavement. I think you could easily cook an egg out there today. Yikes!!! We are heading for home on Friday morning it looks like. It's been a very, very hot three weeks here in Texas, but everyone has been very nice.

Archived