Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Apparently you don't have to ask me twice :lol. I didn't think two rows was enough to do a photo, but decided "Why not!?"

Here ya' go (clickable)

th_DSCF0718.jpg

Joyce

Thank you, Joyce. :) Pictures are so much fun...be sure and show us progress pictures!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's almost a year of no yarn buying. :P It's a hard life of being a frugal crocheter. ;) It helps me a lot that I focus on my old WIPs all year. I was lucky enough to have a big stash to keep me busy. :c9

I'm sorry, i've been lurking here for a while - it must be a REAL labor of love joining those little buggers together! BEAUTIFUL FO's but Holy Cow! thats alot of joining!!!

I'm sorry, i've been lurking here for a while - it must be a REAL labor of love joining those little buggers together! BEAUTIFUL FO's but Holy Cow! thats alot of joining!!!

It's not near as bad as it seems :lol

Joyce - Looking great so far :clap Is the joining coming easier now?

Mary - BD is used to me complaining about heat. But he sure would like lower electric bills :lol

Tabby - Hiya hon!! :hi

Diane - Oh I had many years of being a frugal crocheter. Thank goodness for yard sales. And yarn was a lot cheaper then. Can you believe Red Heart used to be a mere 79 cents a skein?

Joyce great progress on your ghan thanks for the photo.

EEEMom welcome to the group, would you like to join us in making one of Cara's beautiful patterns. They are so easy to do and the joining is a cinch.

Well its 1pm and I still havent done any crocheting. I had best get on with it then. :yes

It's not that bad as long as you do it a section at a time be it rows or blocks. Small chunks are definately doable although I'd hate to try to do all the joining for a big one all at one time. Why don't you give one of Cara's lovely patterns a try? They are fun and we'll all be glad to be your cheerleaders! :yay:cheer:yay

Hey Wendy, are we going to try to go over the 2,000 mark together. I'm working on the last block of squares that will take me over and should finish them up tomorrow. What about you? :hug

I remembered the woolworth yarns that went for 25 cents. As a child, I went to a local nickel and dime store and pet them on the shelves. :P That's back in the seventies.

Joyce - Looking great so far :clap Is the joining coming easier now?

Thanks Cara. Yes, I've gotten the joining down, I think. I'm really enjoying the speed with which the saltines come together.

Joyce great progress on your ghan thanks for the photo.

EEEMom welcome to the group, would you like to join us in making one of Cara's beautiful patterns. They are so easy to do and the joining is a cinch.

Thanks Wendy. You sure are right about joining being a cinch, didn't take me long at all and now I'm hooked, thinking about creating a Christmas quilt on m y own to use up some RH holiday yarns I bought last year.

It's not that bad as long as you do it a section at a time be it rows or blocks. Small chunks are definately doable although I'd hate to try to do all the joining for a big one all at one time. Why don't you give one of Cara's lovely patterns a try? They are fun and we'll all be glad to be your cheerleaders! :yay:cheer:yay

I agree the joining isn't that bad, so long as you do it as you go. Once I finish a saltine, I join it to what's there to make my strips (thanks to tips here). I'm not like many, I don't mind the whipstitching.

Joyce

Hey Wendy, are we going to try to go over the 2,000 mark together. I'm working on the last block of squares that will take me over and should finish them up tomorrow. What about you? :hug

I have 13 saltines left to make. We can cross the line together. :hug

K... there was one afternoon I spent sitting in a boys dorm room drinking Ouzo... I don't remember my nutrition class that afternoon or how I drove home but boy was that Ouzo good...

K... there was one afternoon I spent sitting in a boys dorm room drinking Ouzo... I don't remember my nutrition class that afternoon or how I drove home but boy was that Ouzo good...

:heehee

Yep, yep Woolworth's is always where I got my yarn in the very early 70s :yes Then we got KMart and I discovered RH.

I remember Woolworth's very well. They had great yarn!!!!

Shelly and an afternoon of Ouzo. . . . ooooooooo! How was the head afterwards?

Sounds good Wendy. I got most of the 4 colored squares done tonight. The solids go much faster.

Archived