Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi Mary,

I guess I am suppose to report my squares? How often am I doing that? I have 34 solids done. I am so excited I cant wait to get enough done to start putting it all together. I am going to donate it to my daycare class. My babies will love it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy everyone

Just been to Spotlight and wow they had a sale on. I got loads of stuff.

I nearly have the saltines done for block 7 just havent put them together yet. Then its just one block left.

Linda your yellow gingham is absolutely beautiful. :clap

Smith your ghan is beautiful I love the colors you have chosen. :clap Welcome to the group by the way, you will love it here.

Cara you need to finish the ATW I think.

Megan as Judy said, its easy to do 2 of these at once, you can do it, have fun picking a pattern out.

Laura your making great progress. :clap

Carla just report to Mary when you have some done, it doesnt have to be every day. Thats a great idea to gift it to the daycare, they will love it. :yes

15 more solids for me! :clapSo that makes a total of 25 "grahams"

Put together the 5 by 5 center block for mine using those 25 and it looks great. Will take a pic when I get a chance at work tomorrow! I will also post the pattern I am doing as soon as I figure out a way to make a graph with colored squares. :think

The ATW looks great by the way! love the colors!

Has anyone tried making bigger squares maybe with another round?

Here are clickable pics of my yellow gingham ghan complete, rose shawl in progress, and a closeup of the rose shawl stitches.

2241330230057487835cYRAtC_th.jpg

2528036780057487835DHOSvh_th.jpg

2281053490057487835ofYqZi_th.jpg

On my monitor the yellows don't show as bright and clear as they actually are. I think they are the perfect yellows for this. BTW, I used ILTY in white, buttercup, and yellow with the yellow being the bright one and the buttercup is a little lighter.

Wow, your gingham is gorgeous. Very pretty shawl too. Great job! :clap

001-1.jpg

I've been following along and slowly working on my own project! Okay, projecs since I can never have just one simple one.

There are some wonderful crochet quilts on here! keep up the great work! I love seeing new projects and new graphs!!

Cara... are you going to bring back on the gallery on you website?

Beautiful colors, awesome job! :cheer

Finally getting to get on here after a very busy day. Ran around with sister until 5:30 then BDs been quizzing me all night about the finances. He took over the books yesterday and he's getting set up.

Time for me to check in in the other CAL then hit the hay. I'm pooped. I did get to get 13 skeins of ILTY today so that was nice :D

Hey, Wendy, we're both closing in on the magical 2,000 points goal. Two more blocks worth of saltines and I'll be there and you're close too. :woo:woo

Morning Ladies. Thanks for all the nice compliments on my yellow gingham.

I love the cross ghan, too! I saw the pattern the other day and had to add it to my ever-growing list of ones I want to do. And I was thinking of doing it in darker shades of the colors you are using.

Thank you for having me in your group! :hug

I love looking at all the beautiful pics. The gingham is especially gorgeous! I just love gingham!!

For the spinning wheel afghan I'm going to use medium and dark blues and roses. The background color is cream. I'm having fun making the saltines. They go so fast. Now I just have to discipline myself to piece them together.

Have a great day, everyone!

Patty

Good morning, Patty, Tracy, Wendy, and Linda M. I don't think I'm up for the day yet, but I'm up at least for a little bit. Hope you all have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening. I was working on more of the four-color squares last night. The solids go fast, but not the four-colored ones. I have to pay attention to what I'm doing with them. :rofl:rofl They aren't that hard, but they are sure easy to mess up. Solids I can almost do on autopilot.

Good Morning, Tracy, Wendy, Patty, and everyone!

Patty - a hint...learned from experience: don't wait to begin joining them till all the squares are done...it's too overwhelming:P

I NEED to go to AC Moore to use my 25% coupon...can actually use more white, etc:devil

I have to figure out how to word it...SDR is home for most of the day:think

You ALWAYS need another color...right?:devil

Hello Ladies,

I have not posted in a while. Been busy with work and then my laptop was acting up. Just want to drop in and say hi!

Mizmo, Smith, & Karen, beautiful work ladies!!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Hello again ladies.

Well, I got bored with the pink shawl so I found another one to start last night. I started on Julie's Thursday Night shawl or Angel Wings shawl as it is now named, using stash yarn in sport weight in a variegated color. No such thing as a one night deal for me though! :D However, I have over 12" done on it already. :crocheting It does go fast and I love the pattern. I don't have as much yarn as she called for, but hers was WW, so maybe I'll have enough. I'll make it as far as I can anyway. I figure since it is variegated, surely I can find one of the solid colors in it to finish with if necessary.

Linda I hope you have enough to finish it. A shawl is something I havent made as yet. Cant wait to see the progress on yours. Are you having a break from making saltines.

Mary - 30 solids and 12 bicolors. thanks

Linda I hope you have enough to finish it. A shawl is something I havent made as yet. Cant wait to see the progress on yours. Are you having a break from making saltines.

Mary - 30 solids and 12 bicolors. thanks

I love shawls. And yes, I'm taking a short break on making saltines. Will probably make some more next week, though. Can't stay away too long! :hook

Archived