Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Here are clickable pics of my yellow gingham ghan complete, rose shawl in progress, and a closeup of the rose shawl stitches.

2241330230057487835cYRAtC_th.jpg

2528036780057487835DHOSvh_th.jpg

2281053490057487835ofYqZi_th.jpg

On my monitor the yellows don't show as bright and clear as they actually are. I think they are the perfect yellows for this. BTW, I used ILTY in white, buttercup, and yellow with the yellow being the bright one and the buttercup is a little lighter.

Very nice! I think I may have to make myself one of those ginghams! I'm thinking tablecloth size would be nice - maybe in blues and cream or white?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 more solids for me please. Managed to get a bit more done during a power outage here this morning :D Now it's time to shower and head to the office (late but the power was out there so no use hurrying to get there :D )

Isn't it the mean guy who didn't want the children to have toys in one of the Christmas specials? I can't remember which one.

Joyce

Nope, it's not the guy from the Muppets... keep guessing!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Your gingham is wonderful! Those yellows are great together. :cheer The shawl is very pretty, too. :yes

Welcome, Patty! :welcome What colors are you thinking about for the Spinning Wheels?

Karen, 10 more added :hook

Joyce, as long as you're lining up the stitches as you join, it will be fine. When I made my first quilt ghan, I had to fudge a little because it had been years since I'd done whipstitching. :)

OK, totally cheated. He's the whose doorstep Santa Clause ended up on. Bergermeister Meisterberger, thanks to the SKY CAL :lol

Joyce

Joyce, you're close! It seems that everyone in the CALs has been guessing.. someone in SKY has gotten it.

001-1.jpg

I've been following along and slowly working on my own project! Okay, projecs since I can never have just one simple one.

There are some wonderful crochet quilts on here! keep up the great work! I love seeing new projects and new graphs!!

Cara... are you going to bring back on the gallery on you website?

So many pretty projects going! Great job everyone!

I have 33 more squares done and 12 or so more joined. Gotta love days when you don't have to clean. (well i should but......)

Good morning, everyone. I'm awake. I think. :yawn We are not moving very fast here today. I was telling the grandchildren "lights out" and "go to sleep" still at 10:30 or 11:00 last night. And Kim was awake until midnight. She's sleeping in this morning.

Patty, welcome to the group! :welcome Cara's patterns and patterns of others inspired by her are addictive in the extreme. I've had at least one in process since I found them, usually two.

Priszm, Oops indeed! At least there are still 3 weeks until they are due. You can get them done! :hug

Linda M, your yellow gingham is GREAT!!! I love the way the yellows came together. It would cheer anyone up no matter what their mood. :yay :yay :yay

Karen, I think that blues and cream or white would be great in the gingham! I find it amazing how many different color schemes we come up with for these patterns and they all look stunning.

More later.

Smith, your project is gorgeous! Great job! :yay :yay :yay Welcome to the group! :welcome You don't have to lurk just because it's your own pattern. Cara has inspired a number of us to come up with patterns of our own.

Priszm, Oops indeed! At least there are still 3 weeks until they are due. You can get them done! :hug

If it's a little late, it's a little late :blush Sooo, anybody have any good ideas regarding where I can get a nice, functional recipe card box? Bed Bath and Beyond only has 2, Linens N Things has I think one. I'm going to stop at The Rolling Pin after work to see what they have. Otherwise, I might be close to out of ideas :(

Patty - Welcome to the group :hug

Smith - Oh wow!! Your Criss Cross looks great! :clap And yes, soon as DH gets the new site ready then the gallery will be back :yes

Linda M - OMG!! That yellow gingham is amazing! I love it :manyheart

Oh I miss my little squares. Might have to pull that old ATW outta the basket this weekend :yes

Mary ~ another block's worth of saltines for me: 24 solids, 4 bi-color, and 8 four-colors.

I'm hoping for a nap this afternoon.

Ladies, what beautiful work all of you are doing :clap

I finally skimmed all the posts I missed - I think:blush

OMG!!!!!!!!!! these are some of the most BEAUTIFUL patterns have ever seen. I totally know what I am doing next----Just need to pick one, as I cant do them all at once...............

Meganb

Welcome...I haven't said that to you yet:hug

...and you KNOW you can do 2 patterns at once...:devil:yes

I, for one, am too embarrassed to list all my WIPs here:blush

Megan, welcome to the group! Choose one or two or three and jump right in. If you have questions, just holler and we'll try to help.:welcome

Well I'm back. The Bus afghan was very much appreciated. I am starting on the Harvest of Friends. It will either will be a birthday gift or I just might keep it for myself. I have 23 solids done. (1 row)

001-1.jpg

I've been following along and slowly working on my own project! Okay, projecs since I can never have just one simple one.

There are some wonderful crochet quilts on here! keep up the great work! I love seeing new projects and new graphs!!

Cara... are you going to bring back on the gallery on you website?

Very pretty! Your colors are great with this pattern. :hook

So many pretty projects going! Great job everyone!

I have 33 more squares done and 12 or so more joined. Gotta love days when you don't have to clean. (well i should but......)

Hi again! Will you be able to post pictures? We love pictures. ;)

Mary ~ another block's worth of saltines for me: 24 solids, 4 bi-color, and 8 four-colors.

I'm hoping for a nap this afternoon.

I hope you got a nap in! The grandkids sound like they're keeping you and Kim very busy. :lol I added your squares - super progress!

sprtsbear ~ I love the Fall ghan and it's a perfect time to start! :yes A few of us started it about this time last year.

Sunny ~ Yay for progress pictures!

I'm about half way through with the border, so it will be tomorrow before it's finished...DH will be home about 7 and I need to start preparing supper.

Archived