Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracy, Just Ducky looks great! You're doing a wonderful job on it!

Good morning, everyone. I've been working on the filet this morning, but I'll have to check and see where I'm at in the next block of saltines for Painted Desert. I have some done, but not sure how many. I have to get back to that soon.

Tracy - Well, the Amish (the greatest quiltmakers in the world) always put an intentional "mistake" in a quilt. The theory is that only the Creator can be flawless. So I'd say you're in good company :D

I know I'm fairly new to this CAL, so forgive me for this, but I wanted to point out the humility block thing is apparently a myth. See here and here

For the Amish, it would be prideful to even presume they need to intentionally make a mistake.

However, I think all things handmade would suffer the inevitable error, that's part of the charm of handmade.

Apparently, however, the concept of the deliberate mistake existed in rugmaking.

Joyce

Tracy - Well, the Amish (the greatest quiltmakers in the world) always put an intentional "mistake" in a quilt. The theory is that only the Creator can be flawless. So I'd say you're in good company :D

Joyce - Well I stand corrected. Not the first time and I know it won't be the last :lol But still I like the quirky creativity of some mistakes :D Thanks for sharing :hug

Oh, I totally agree. I don't think I have made anything without a mistake in it. I just had read up on the Amish thing (I work in a community that has a huge Amish population).

Joyce

Joyce - Well I stand corrected. Not the first time and I know it won't be the last :lol But still I like the quirky creativity of some mistakes :D Thanks for sharing :hug

Every project of mine has some little boo-boo in it - and a long hair or two usually gets crocheted into everything too :P I usually don't notice the hair until it has been firmly stitched in place :blush

Oh, yeah, my hair is adorning several gifted items.

Joyce

I don't even wanna think about how much hair DNA is in my stuff :lol One of my meds makes my hair fall out :P

Cara, at least you have an excuse for your hair falling out. :lol Mine is ALWAYS tied up and it stills falls out. :eek Maybe I should start blaming Kyla? :think

You're supposed to blame Kyla for gray hair not missing hair :lol

Archived