Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The yellow gingham is done :cheer:clap:crocheting! Finished it this afternoon but didn't get a chance to take a pic yet....hopefully tomorrow. It is 15 saltines wide by 21 saltines long. It is for Mama's birthday which is a week from tomorrow. It took me just over 2 weeks (started July 5) to complete it and I did not work on it exclusively.

Next up in the ghan line is the blue woven for hubby. It will take longer because it is larger. I plan to make it 20 saltines by 26 saltines. I'll start it in a few days but I really need to finish the pink shawl first. It is about a third of the way done at present.

It does make sense. Thanks Krystal. usually when I join other squares I use the Dude's assembly method. This is kinda new to me.

Thanks

Joyce

Joyce - I don't do "these" squares, but when I do join squares, I always make sure to join an "X" when I join the fourth square when the corners meet.. Does that make sense?

Hello ladies - I'm popping in over here to let you know that the new LL Bean "Home" catalog I received today has a lot of lovely quilts that you might want to look at for inspiration. There's a lovely flying geese design that uses what appears to be scraps with an off-white ... it's really pretty. You can probably check them out online, too.

Joyce - Yep, just like Krystal said. Just a little "X" will do the trick :yes

Linda M - Grats on finishing up the yellow gingham. I very excited to see this one since I've always wanted one in yellow :clap

Norma - Thanks for the tip :hug

OK, I thought that made sense to me but it didn't. I can't work it out. Should I do strips and then attach the strips to one another to make the X idea work? Sorry for being so desperate but I don't like what I'm seeing right now. I have started the second row and am attaching the squares to the first as I go along and I don't think that's the right way to do it. HELP! :(

Joyce

Joyce - Yep, just like Krystal said. Just a little "X" will do the trick :yes

Linda M - Grats on finishing up the yellow gingham. I very excited to see this one since I've always wanted one in yellow :clap

Norma - Thanks for the tip :hug

Great. Thank you. I'll take out the couple of squares i joined and do them in strips to join to the first strip. TY TY TY

Joyce

Joyce - Yes, strips would work well. That's the way I work. :yes

OK, I thought that made sense to me but it didn't. I can't work it out. Should I do strips and then attach the strips to one another to make the X idea work? Sorry for being so desperate but I don't like what I'm seeing right now. I have started the second row and am attaching the squares to the first as I go along and I don't think that's the right way to do it. HELP! :(

Joyce

Let me see if I can explain it. I start with two rows of squares that will be joined (or strips) I join the first two squares and when I am then moving on to the next to squares I have the join in the corner of the first two squares next to the first join of the second two squares and repeat the last corner stitch in the first two, and then redo the first corner join of the first corner of the second two squares which forms the "x". Did that help? Or did I confuse you more? I do it be seconde nature so it's sometines hard to describe.

That may help. Now that I know to do strips rather than square by square to the first strip, I think it'll make even more sense. I'm a doing learner, if you know what I mean. So, once I sit down to do, with your explanation in front of me, should work!

Thanks again

Joyce

Let me see if I can explain it. I start with two rows of squares that will be joined (or strips) I join the first two squares and when I am then moving on to the next to squares I have the join in the corner of the first two squares next to the first join of the second two squares and repeat the last corner stitch in the first two, and then redo the first corner join of the first corner of the second two squares which forms the "x". Did that help? Or did I confuse you more? I do it be seconde nature so it's sometines hard to describe.

Mary, 16 solids and 3 bicolours for me, please. :hook

Added!:hook

Hi Sunny! I admire you for making the Casa - I've yet to make one of Cara's large quilts. :crocheting

Linda M.~ Congratulations on finishing. :cheer

Joyce, I also join strips together using a whipstitch. You'll get your own system worked out and then it will go quickly. :yes

My Just Ducky #2 is ready for the border. I hope to have it finished in the next couple of days. :D

Mary... add 31 solids to my score... thanks

Hello all... been busy and tomorrow will be even busier... Monday was my granddaughter's 11th birthday... so we had cake and ice cream for her... today she went to a friends house swimming so I had to keep the grandAngel company... tomorrow my social security check comes so that means a lot of running around... instead of the family going out to dinner for her birthday Haley decided she would rather go to the water fun park with her best buddy so her aunt Jessie is going to take her, her friend and the grandAngel to the Water fun park on Friday.. I was going to take them but they were going to charge me $12.95 just to go in the place so Jessie will take them and go on the waterslides with them...

Shelly, I thought it was just our theme parks that did that. :angry My mom does not do rides, but she had to pay full price to go in with the rest of us. I think if someone is in a wheelchair, they don't make them pay full price (or something like that).

Mary, 18 solids and 1 bicolour, please. :hook

Good Morning everyone. :) Yep, I'm glad Tracy gave us a name for getting a WIP completed...Finishitis is perfect! My plan is to have the border done by tomorrow, but lately my plans keep getting interrupted. ;)

Hope everyone has a good day. :manyheart

$12.95 to go in and watch/supervise is outlandish, Shelly. But I suppose they are afraid that people who would say they were just watching and then would go on the rides for free. Unfortunately, some probably would, but it's a shame to punish everyone for the sneakiness of a few. Hope she has a great time with her friends.

Hello ladies - I'm popping in over here to let you know that the new LL Bean "Home" catalog I received today has a lot of lovely quilts that you might want to look at for inspiration. There's a lovely flying geese design that uses what appears to be scraps with an off-white ... it's really pretty. You can probably check them out online, too.

I saw that and was thinking the same thing;)

I have lots to do this morning, but needed to check in here first....need to say hi to my friends before anything else:hug:manyheart

Have a great night, evening, afternoon, day...all of you.....:hook

Archived