Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

:rofl Wow, she gotcha! :rofl Gittin a little spunk, is that Miss Tuon? :lol

A little spunk? That is an understatement :lol But I'd still rather this than the alternative. Just have to be reminded of it once in a while :wink

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning Ladies

Cara arent you glad shes back to her old self again.

Yep :yes She's calm again now that the initial excitement of breakfast is over :lol

Thank you, ladies for helping to keep me focused. We all need that sometimes :manyheart

Hey ladies, I'd like to ask your opinions.

I don't have a headboard, but I don't want to spend a fortune for something really nice right now. I'm hoping eventually to upgrade to a king size bed, and at that point I'd get something really durable, long lasting and beautiful.

For some reason the other night I decided I'd like to try and do something in a jade green and oriental. I've since changed my mind (I do this frequently with this) and I'm thinking something along the lines of a harlequin design. I have a burgendy bed skirt, the comforter (in the closet right now) is burgendy, cream, gold and pinkish. In place of the comforter I have a cream afghan with atumn colored fun fur edging it (browns, blacks, oranges, yellows). If I do a harlequin design, I'm contemplating rich, bright colors. Blue, purple, green, red and maybe gold. Do you think those colors would go well with burgendy? Thanks everyone!

Good Morning, all. :) Can I come live with someone where it's not 100 degrees? :lol I've been doing some yard work and am staying in the rest of the day.

Miss Tabby ~ HI! We miss your smiling face and I was so glad to see your post. :manyheart

Joyce ~ Yay for starting Ducky...what colors are you using? :crocheting

Hi Carla ~ Can't wait to see your All God's Children come to life. :yes

Wendy and Sunny ~ I've added your squares. Great progress for both of you! :cheer

Linda M~ Looking forward to seeing your yellow gingham. What's next? :devil

Joyce ~ Yay for starting Ducky...what colors are you using? :crocheting

I'm essentially following the colors in the pattern, but using a brighter blue and green for the wall tiles and towel strip.

Joyce

Hi Val ~ Are you thinking of the harliquin design for a headboard cover? I'm confused. :blush As far as the colors you listed, I think they would be beautiful together - very striking!

Prizm - Yes, I think I'm a mite confused too. This is not an unusual thing mind you :lol What kind of materials (lumber, etc) are you planning to use?

I thought she was talking about making an afghan and just describing her bed (minus the headboard) for sake of everyone understanding what might or might not match.

Oh duh :oops Methinks it's time for my nap :D

Joyce, it's so much fun to see the Ducky pattern come together!

Cara ~ I think Krystal "gets it" better than I do. :lol Thanks, Krystal. :D

Now, I have to get cleaned up and do some inside stuff.

Hey ladies, I'd like to ask your opinions.

I don't have a headboard, but I don't want to spend a fortune for something really nice right now. I'm hoping eventually to upgrade to a king size bed, and at that point I'd get something really durable, long lasting and beautiful.

For some reason the other night I decided I'd like to try and do something in a jade green and oriental. I've since changed my mind (I do this frequently with this) and I'm thinking something along the lines of a harlequin design. I have a burgendy bed skirt, the comforter (in the closet right now) is burgendy, cream, gold and pinkish. In place of the comforter I have a cream afghan with atumn colored fun fur edging it (browns, blacks, oranges, yellows). If I do a harlequin design, I'm contemplating rich, bright colors. Blue, purple, green, red and maybe gold. Do you think those colors would go well with burgendy? Thanks everyone!

Okay, now I'm confused. :think I thought the idea was a wall hanging to use instead of a headboard until you got one. I think the colors described will go great together. I'm using burgundy with dark green, royal purple, and burnt orange in the Painted Desert and think they're beautiful.

Hello Ladies. Sorry I've been MIA but life....ya'know....

Since I joined I have 112 saltines joined and another 15 ready to join the others. Kinda hard to get much done lately as I am working 2 jobs to make ends meet. Moving into a new appartment on the first and had to come up with a down payment and the first months rent. Mission accomplished but still need to pad the savings account for unexpected expenses and hopefully start a future trip fund.

I will have more time to work on the CASA now since I finished my between meals centerpiece that I was making for a friend.

Hope I can post more often when time allows.

Okay, now I'm confused. :think I thought the idea was a wall hanging to use instead of a headboard until you got one. I think the colors described will go great together. I'm using burgundy with dark green, royal purple, and burnt orange in the Painted Desert and think they're beautiful.

And here is another interpretation of what Priszm meant! :rofl I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what she REALLY meant!

Sorry! Either I forgot to be clearer, thought I was clearer, or it was my darn connection again :lol

Ok, it's to be used as a headboard. I haven't decided on medium yet. I wouldn't mind doing it with fabric - take some sort of wood, put some batting on it and then cover with the fabric. But I might have to cut and would definitely have to sew. Which I can do, the sewing part anyway. That part would be easy enough. And if I did this, I'm picturing rich, vibrant colors in satins.

My other thought was paint on a board. Take some tape, mark off my diamonds and then paint them. This would be easier and take less time.

I wanna some heat wave this way pleawe ? It was rather chilly here yesterday. 55-60 degrees, no humidity. For the rest of the week, it was supposed to be in 70 to 75. Mary, wanna visit me sometimes ?

I swore I was in the wrong continent. I think Wendy could be my neighbor along with the temps. :lol

I really miss the hot weather. But I have to admit it really help me with my crochetting, all the cool temps. I am getting tired of wearing the sweaters all the time. :P

Soon, I am going to make some saltines. :yay

I wanna some heat wave this way pleawe ? It was rather chilly here yesterday. 55-60 degrees, no humidity. For the rest of the week, it was supposed to be in 70 to 75. Mary, wanna visit me sometimes ?

I swore I was in the wrong continent. I think Wendy could be my neighbor along with the temps. :lol

I really miss the hot weather. But I have to admit it really help me with my crochetting, all the cool temps. I am getting tired of wearing the sweaters all the time. :P

Soon, I am going to make some saltines. :yay

Diane I'll be more than happy to send some hot your way. Just as soon as I can figure out how. And for those that need rain, I'll send it your way! Supposedly we're still in a drought. I'm a lot fuzzy on how we can be in a drought when it has poured just about daily for the last month :think

Diane - You're having my dream weather :yes

Prizm - Oh okay, now I see. Actually I'd do it with a piece of 3/4" plywood or and product called MDF. You can get them to cut it at the Home Depot or Lowe's. You can cover it with quilt batting or foam rubber then fabric over that. Screw the thing to the wall, use a few decorative buttons hot glued to cover the screw holes and viola! If you can't screw it to the wall you can get a 2" x 4" piece of stud lumber cut to attach to the back of the plywood/MDF to serve as legs.

Oh btw, I was a carpenter in one of my former jobs :D

Diane - You're having my dream weather :yes

Prizm - Oh okay, now I see. Actually I'd do it with a piece of 3/4" plywood or and product called MDF. You can get them to cut it at the Home Depot or Lowe's. You can cover it with quilt batting or foam rubber then fabric over that. Screw the thing to the wall, use a few decorative buttons hot glued to cover the screw holes and viola! If you can't screw it to the wall you can get a 2" x 4" piece of stud lumber cut to attach to the back of the plywood/MDF to serve as legs.

Oh btw, I was a carpenter in one of my former jobs :D

That's what DBF says. Actually, he says "Have you decided what you want me to make yet?" :lol

Like I said, I can't decide if I want to paint something or throw fabric on it :lol I think I like the idea of fabric and the multiple colors. Right now I'm picturing shiny :D Sadly it's not happening this week. Paycheck is already alloted for :(

Hello Ladies. Sorry I've been MIA but life....ya'know....

Since I joined I have 112 saltines joined and another 15 ready to join the others. Kinda hard to get much done lately as I am working 2 jobs to make ends meet. Moving into a new appartment on the first and had to come up with a down payment and the first months rent. Mission accomplished but still need to pad the savings account for unexpected expenses and hopefully start a future trip fund.

I will have more time to work on the CASA now since I finished my between meals centerpiece that I was making for a friend.

Hope I can post more often when time allows.

Good to see you....from a fellow lurker...:D

That's what DBF says. Actually, he says "Have you decided what you want me to make yet?" :lol

Like I said, I can't decide if I want to paint something or throw fabric on it :lol I think I like the idea of fabric and the multiple colors. Right now I'm picturing shiny :D Sadly it's not happening this week. Paycheck is already alloted for :(

Ooooh shiny!! I like shiny things :D

Archived