Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thinkOk ladies I need your guidance. I've never done anything like this before and I think I know where to start but not positive.

A very good friend of mine that had a baby boy a month before Lennon was born is struggling. The little boy was born April 12th and was just now released from the hospital. The problem is they are still not sure what is wrong with him. I will quote their family blog as they explain it much better than I do.

"

Well it has been a long, physically and emotionally draining, ordeal. There have been so many tests done that gave absolutely no answers. There have been 2 hospitals. Many doctors, nurses, specialtists, therapists, social workers, etc. The future is still uncertain and we still have a long journey that lies ahead. There are still no real answers. No official diagnosis. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Hope for a brighter day. Kael had his surgery on monday. His feeding tube is inserted and secure. They have started the feedings through it and he is handling very well now with the nicin being done as well. He is alert and active. He has put on the pounds since he was born. We will still have a lot of follow up and different things that we will need to do with different doctors and therapists but the worst is over. Brigette and I will be spending the night at Primary Childrens Hospital this weekend so that they can monitor and make sure we are capable of caring for his special needs during the night. We also have a list of things they want to cover with us and show us. Bottom line is that the doctor said yesterday that he is doing well enough to be sent home and said he would be released in 7 to 10 days. Thank you all so much for all of your support and love, thoughts and prayers! We finally get our baby home with the family where he belongs!!!"

I REALLY want to make a comfortghan for the Kael and family but I know I don't have the time to complete it by myself. I have seen posts in the Charity forum asking for squares to donate to complete a comfortghan. How does this work and do you think this would be an appropriate situation?

Thanks ladies! I know I can always count on you for help! :yes:hug

I would suggest you post in the Charity thread...and ask us here in HHCal or in SKY if you're there, too. Many of us (me included:blush) don't often look on other threads.

Decide on colors, size of squares, etc...my suggestion is 12 inch squares, this way it makes up quicker...

One lady's opinion;)

Pickles - I agree totally with Judy. Post for 12" squares being sure to state what type of yarn (WW, baby, sport etc) and color, if you have a preference. I'm like the other gals, I pretty much just hang out here and Sky :blush So a link would be helpful to us, too :D Glad they're thinking of sending him home :yes

Ok ladies here is the link to the charity page:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1367074#post1367074

Is it ok for me to post this on the SKY CAL if I'm not a part of the CAL?

Thanks for your input! :hug

I don't see why not...blame it on me:devil

What a great thing to do for them, Pickles! I'm in Texas until August, but if you're still in need when I get back home, I'll be glad to send you one. I might even have a 12" in blue done for another project, but I don't remember for sure. I know I have blue yarn though.

When John left for the airport he still had Paige's carseat in the rental car, so I had to make a trip to the airport to retrieve it. Went to the grocery store on the way back and I'm ready to crash. Man it's hot here! :sun Sun, sun, and more sun. Even the ground in the front yard is cracking. Yikes!!!!

What a great thing to do for them, Pickles! I'm in Texas until August, but if you're still in need when I get back home, I'll be glad to send you one. I might even have a 12" in blue done for another project, but I don't remember for sure. I know I have blue yarn though.

When John left for the airport he still had Paige's carseat in the rental car, so I had to make a trip to the airport to retrieve it. Went to the grocery store on the way back and I'm ready to crash. Man it's hot here! :sun Sun, sun, and more sun. Even the ground in the front yard is cracking. Yikes!!!!

:lol Be glad you're leaving in August. It gets worse :yes I love my state more than life itself but dang it's hot here :lol Believe it or not it's been cooler these past few summers than it used to be :yes

Is this CAL still working on the quilt ghans, I am new to the forum and this sounds like so much fun and I love the patterns. I would love to join if I still can. It would so help with my stashbusting score :crocheting.

Is this CAL still working on the quilt ghans, I am new to the forum and this sounds like so much fun and I love the patterns. I would love to join if I still can. It would so help with my stashbusting score :crocheting.

Someone is always doing a quiltghan ...at one time or another...here. Or lurking (like me:devil)

Welcome!

Cara, who is responsible for hooking so many of us, likes to know first names if you're so inclined....

Sure you can! Welcome to the group :hug

Morning everyone :hi

Ladies hope the weather cools down soon for ya but I think your only into the second month of summer there arent you.

Canostreasures welcome to the group.

Linda you and I are supposed to be hitting the 2000 together, come on do more saltines, chop chop :lol

Ok I have chosen to do the "We're All God's Children" Quiltghan. I am excited to get started. I can use up some of my stash for my stashbuster score :cheer:clap. My husband is going to love these forums you guys are great motivation for using up all this yarn.....of course I already have so much more I need for my christmas projects :devil. Well I am going to go work on some of my "new projects."

Well, your husband will love us until you start adding all kinds of projects to your list of things to do because we all show you pictures of what we're making. Then he'll love us even less when we direct you to all the greatest yarn sales on the internet and in the stores... We'll redeem ourselves somewhat when we send little packages to you and make you smile... then he'll have to like us in spite of all the corruption we provide.. :lol:devil

Ladies hope the weather cools down soon for ya but I think your only into the second month of summer there arent you.

Linda you and I are supposed to be hitting the 2000 together, come on do more saltines, chop chop :lol

Yes, Ma'am, Wendy. Will do! Actually, I just finished the second filet piece just now. I still have to hide the tails and starch and iron it, but the real work is done! Whee! I'm proud of the way it turned out. Not bad for an "on the fly" pattern. I should have more saltines to report on tonight.

Carla, welcome to the group! :welcome We're always glad to have more people join in on the fun of these patterns. I warn you, though, that they are very, very addictive. :rofl

Archived