Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Good morning ladies :flower

First of all

:bday Krystal :party:clap

Mary - We need all the cheerleaders we can get! :cheer

Linda - You're right. The one time they pay attention is when you want them to remain oblivious :lol How's the piece going?

Prizm - I don't do well with those odd pieces either. The DRW is one I've been trying for a decade to figure out in squares. Think it would require Linda's multi-color squares :yes

Oh I overslept today. Alarm was set but it didn't go off apparently and neither did Tuon's internal alarm :lol Usually by 7 she yowling at me to get up and feed her :cat

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Linda M ~ 15 added! You've accomplished lots...yesterday was definitely a good crochet day. :hook

Hi Miss Cara. :manyheart

:cake Happy Birthday, Krystal!

The day includes a check up for Zoe, cleaners, store, etc. And then maybe some crochet time for me. :yes

Prizm - I don't do well with those odd pieces either. The DRW is one I've been trying for a decade to figure out in squares. Think it would require Linda's multi-color squares :yes

I love the way the edge looks in the picture, kinda rippled. I think I really need to sit down and determine the best way to re-do the inserts. I tried whip stitching them, but they kinda need the little extra the slip stitches provide. I think part of the issue is how the rings are, how that first row is. So, some playing around is needed. Eventually

I made it back from my trip to New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We had a wonderful time and I did actually get a fair bit of research done (good thing since that was why we went!) I also did up a bit more on the road when it was hubby's turn to drive. Put me down for another 26 please. I also attached a few more squares.

Now it's timeto change the laundry load and do up a few more.

thank you, thankyou, thankew! to all the folks who've been so complimentary!! i've been having fun with it and the thing about making the pieces for the double wedding ring is that they are small enough not to bury me under an afghan and make me hot! esp since it is july in mississippi, hot and humid and not the weather to be under afghans!

Morning everyone

Mary you can be our official cheerleader. :yes

Karen Im glad you had a great time and its great to see you back.

DKB Im doing the wedding ring ghan too and its a lot of fun putting the pieces together isnt it.

Cara have I missed something, what is the DRW?

I have block 3 sewn together, just have to sew block 4 together then thats one side of the pillow done. I wonder if I can get the other 4 blocks done before the games start. Hmm thats another 144 squares in 23 days, thats doable if I get cracking with it.

You know its been a lot easier now that i have my yarn winder, I have been winding up pull balls for the card trick pillow and putting them in a icecream container. Its made it a lot easier to just grab that container and go and sit in front of the tv and all my yarn is there and it stays put. Might have to do that when the games are on.

You know its been a lot easier now that i have my yarn winder, I have been winding up pull balls for the card trick pillow and putting them in a icecream container. Its made it a lot easier to just grab that container and go and sit in front of the tv and all my yarn is there and it stays put. Might have to do that when the games are on.

That is a good idea, Wendy. Maybe I should start doing that with all my yarn, too. And it will save time while :crocheting.

Hi Ladies. I'm finally getting around to crocheting. :) Just under 3 more rows (of 18 squares) to make and join. :cheer

Karen, your trip sounds really nice. I'm glad you all had a good time...and I've added your 26 squares. :crocheting

Wendy, you're so speedy that I know you can finish the pillow before the games. :hook

Ok, here's an updated pic for you guys. I started at the top of the ribbons and I'm working my way down. There will be 3 rows of white on the top so the ribbons are framed. This is clickable.

th_PinkribbonStarted.jpg

Ok, here's an updated pic for you guys. I started at the top of the ribbons and I'm working my way down. There will be 3 rows of white on the top so the ribbons are framed. This is clickable.

th_PinkribbonStarted.jpg

Priszm your doing such a great job with this, its gorgeous. :clap

G'day, Wendy:hug

Priszm, that looks great! What joining method are you using?

Thanks everyone! :manyheart

I'm just joining as I go. In the space between the sets of three (the middle of the side) I take the loop off my hook, put the hook through the corresponding space of the square I'm joining to, put the loop back on the hook and then do my DC in the ch-2 sp. For the chain 2's, I do the same thing, so my chain 2 is done over the ch-2 space it's being joined to. So it's definitely nice and secure :lol

Archived