Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracy it would be awful to get that I reckon, just keep your mind active and you should be fine. In our family there is heart problems and diabetes so I really need to lose the weight otherwise Im heading down that path and I dont want that to happen :no

Morning Ladies! Mary, 4 more solids for me please. :hook It is amazing how many saltines you can make while watching ice skating! :crocheting Didn't put any together yesterday though.

Cara thats a pain, hope you can hold out till then.

Mary 2 solids and 6 bicolors for me please

They are added, ladies. And I'm reporting 38 solids and 1 bicolor. :hook

Good Morning, all. :)

Linda, I watched Mr. Holland's Opus last night, too. It's been a long time since I'd seen it and it was great to see it again! I hope you're surviving all the "family stuff" and am glad you have some crochet time. :yes

Tracy, :hug to you. I can only imagine what you're going through finding a place to move and I hope something comes up soon. Remember we're always here for support.

Hi to Cara and Wendy, too. When do the games start? I need to pay more attention so I can cheer for you. :cheer

Mary - I think they start August 8th. Too deep into HIJ right now to even think about it :lol Gotta get my square reworked though. Almost done with my HIJ stuff though. Two good Thursdays of mailing and I should be done :yay

My sinus med has kicked in and suddenly I've got lots of happy energy! :yay Think I'm gonna put off that nap until it passes :D

They are added, ladies. And I'm reporting 38 solids and 1 bicolor. :hook

Oops! I just realized I had a typo....I had 45 to add, not 4....BIG difference!

Good morning, all. Last night is the first almost normal night for Kim and I in quite a while. I'm more rested. Last night we had a pancake flat tire on the car. Got someone to come and put on the spare tire and this morning Lou got 4 new tires put on. The one that gave out had separated and she didn't want to take any chances on the others. Grandchildren are in daycare. Last night I got the TV stuck on menu and couldn't get it unstuck. After fiddling around with it for half an hour this morning I finally got it working again. I don't know what I did either time, but it's working and that's the main thing. (Of course, there was no instruction manual to be found.) I'm working on filet crochet until near the time when John will be here and then I'll switch back to saltines. Hope everyone has a good day. :hug

It's time for me to put the filet away and get the Painted Desert back out. John's due here in the next half hour or so. I've got the C done on the filet. Just 5 more letters to go. :devil

Linda thats great, hope you can get it finished without him knowing about it.

Debra great colors your using.

Mary the games start 8/8/08 when the cauldron is lit then we can start our projects. So what are you doing for the games :D

Linda - Wow you're gonna run outta projects before y'all go home :cheer We have nice craft stores like HL with I Love This Yarn though :devil

Mary - Yes, join us in the games. You can join us on Team SKY. It's gonna be a blast :cheer

Yay Tracy, 30 squares today. :yay I had to drive to the parents after lunch with DD, but am going to make some more tonight...or maybe I'd better join some instead. :blush

Linda, you are doing great with your WIPs! Can't wait to see another picture of your filet and the Painted Desert. :yes

I would love to join the games, but August is looking crazy around here. I don't see any way that I could commit to the time frame. :think So I'll be a Team SKY cheerleader. :cheer

Mary, we need cheerleaders, too. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

John is here and I got the filet hidden with only about 15 minutes to spare. He really doesn't pay much attention to what I'm doing. I could probably work on it now and he wouldn't catch on, but if he did it would sure spoil the surprise.

Linda, you are so sneaky. :lol This would probably be the time he shows lots of interest in what you're working on, so it's good that you have something else to work on. :D Did you teach yourself how to do filet? I saw a book at JoAnns with the basics for filet and should get it next time I'm there.

hello!

a few days ago, i saw a crocheted pattern for the double wedding ring design and i got all twitterpated :manyheart and way too excited and rushed to walmart and spent some time comparing and debating and matching and placing skeins back on the shelf and trying out some other combo and then i rushed home and started to make some of the pieces and then giddy with wahoo!s, i babbled about it to friends, to the librarian, to just about anyone who stood still for longer than a minute. :crocheting

most everything that i make i give away, to specific folks and donate to various charities; but this, this i am doing for me and my guy! :hug if you'd like to gander at some of the pieces and the colors i decided on, you can visit my journal at http://journals.aol.com/dkb11161970/DebrasDose/

wahoo! grins, debra :c9

Here you go, Krystal. :manyheart

Mornin' All!

Mary, 15 more solids for me please :hook. I also got 30 more sewn together on the ghan. And I got about 5 or so inches done on they shawl yesterday. Pretty good crochet day.

hello!

a few days ago, i saw a crocheted pattern for the double wedding ring design and i got all twitterpated :manyheart and way too excited and rushed to walmart and spent some time comparing and debating and matching and placing skeins back on the shelf and trying out some other combo and then i rushed home and started to make some of the pieces and then giddy with wahoo!s, i babbled about it to friends, to the librarian, to just about anyone who stood still for longer than a minute. :crocheting

most everything that i make i give away, to specific folks and donate to various charities; but this, this i am doing for me and my guy! :hug if you'd like to gander at some of the pieces and the colors i decided on, you can visit my journal at http://journals.aol.com/dkb11161970/DebrasDose/

wahoo! grins, debra :c9

Those are pretty colors! I have a book of crochet quilts with the DWR in it. I've tried it twice. The one I have actually has rings intertwined. The rings aren't what gives me a problems, it's the inserts. The inserts are joined with a slip stitch to the rings and for some reason it takes me longer to join 32 stitches than it does to crochet a ring that's a chain-100! I've been thinking about this one too though.

Archived