Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck on your move.:hug

How long will you be living in the UK?

Yay! We made it to the UK and the cat's weren't too traumatized from the ride and the ferry over. We found a great house in Farnley that we can move into at the end of this month, I am so excited. We'll be here quite a few years so it'll be a nice change of pace from Germany.

I finally finished my It takes a Village afghan last night, I'll try and get pictures and get them up next time I come to the library (they have wireless access so I can bring my laptop and use it instead of these library computers.) I'll also bring pictures of the new one I started, but since I'm back at work, I am sure this one will take me much longer to complete.

Everyone's work in the past week has been beautiful, I'm so jelous. :hook

I just realized when I went to the homepage that several new forums had now appeared. I'm now a full villager! :cheerMy 30 days have passed :yay Now I shouldn't get the "I'm sorry but you are not authorized to view this page" message!:c9:yes:clap:cheer (Now if I could just remember what it was that I wanted to view before but couldn't :think)

------------

Don't forget to go post a wish list! Lots of FGMs look through those to see who they can send something to (I've been doing that myself because I have a duplicate of a booklet of dishcloth patterns so I figured someone would like it, right, along with a few balls of cotton).

------------

Don't forget to go post a wish list! Lots of FGMs look through those to see who they can send something to (I've been doing that myself because I have a duplicate of a booklet of dishcloth patterns so I figured someone would like it, right, along with a few balls of cotton).

I'll take it off your hands if you still haven't found someone to gift it to :D I do have a wish list for HIJ :hook

*ahem* I think you have something on the end of your nose... :rofl

Moi? :devil

Yay! We made it to the UK and the cat's weren't too traumatized from the ride and the ferry over. We found a great house in Farnley that we can move into at the end of this month, I am so excited. We'll be here quite a few years so it'll be a nice change of pace from Germany.

I finally finished my It takes a Village afghan last night, I'll try and get pictures and get them up next time I come to the library (they have wireless access so I can bring my laptop and use it instead of these library computers.) I'll also bring pictures of the new one I started, but since I'm back at work, I am sure this one will take me much longer to complete.

So glad your trip went well and the kitties made it okay. Good for you for finishing your ghan. :cheer

Aeia - Glad you and the kitties made the move safe and sound :hug We will of course like photos of the new house along with the ghan photos :D

Mary - Man oh man the competition is one little tiny saltine difference between the two leaders! That is so cool! :clap

Okay had my nap and now I'm up. Not about yet but I'm up :lol Just about ready to start on my HIJ stuff for today :hook

Wonderful news:manyheart

Hi, everyone. We made it in about 7:20 last night. Kim is soooooo tired. And soooooooo wound up. She didn't settle down and stay settled down last night until almost 2:00 am. I'm beat! She cat napped most of this morning and afternoon and is starting to get her sparkle back. It took the grandkids a little while to warm up to her, but not very long all in all. Paige didn't remember her at all, but she was only 2 the last time they were together. I've already gotten some good pictures. I have less than 10 rows to go and I'll have the first filet crochet panel done. It's turning out very, very nice. I may have to break down and buy some yarn while I'm here so I can make some more saltines. I think I'm in withdrawal from them. I'm still crocheting so it's not tooooo bad.

Congratulations on taking over the lead, Wendy.

Lou (Kim's mom) has a 4 1/2 month old Shihszuh puppy. He's black and white and a darling. He came with us and was a very good little traveler. The grandkids love him. He was a bigger initial hit than the grandmothers. Lou calls him her monster. I told her that he is too little to be a monster, he's a mini-monster. He loves to untie shoes.:manyheart

More later. We are here for about 2 1/2 weeks now.

Everyone's pictures are great!!

Morning everyone

Aiea Im glad the move went well.

Mary your just ducky looks gorgeous. :clap

Linda woohoo Im top by one saltine :lol Im sure that wont last once you get back into making more saltines. Im glad your having a great time there, the puppy sounds so cute.

Mary once we hit 2000 can we keep going so we go to the bottom of the list and do it all over again. What do you reckon.

Linda - Glad you made it safe and sound :hug What do ya think of this nasty Texas heat? :lol Stay cool. And you and I need to have lunch if you're down Waco way during this time :hug

Wendy - Good morning sunshine :D I think starting again is a great idea personally! I love all this stuff we have going now. The Smackdown, the weight loss, the games, HIJ. I'm totally jazzed!

Thank you all for the compliments and thank you, Cara, for the pattern. :manyheart

Hi Linda~Welcome to Texas! I see a yarn shopping trip in your future. :lol

Oh yes, I think we should keep this going and "revolving" as long as everyone wants to! I don't see my little square addiction going away any time soon. :hook

Thank you all for the compliments and thank you, Cara, for the pattern. :manyheart

Oh yes, I think we should keep this going and "revolving" as long as everyone wants to! I don't see my little square addiction going away any time soon. :hook

I've had it for 11 years now so it's one of those long term things :lol

My yellow yarn arrived late this afternoon! :clap So guess what I've been doing? :lol:crocheting I am so glad I listened to everyone and ordered this other yellow. I am much happier with the colors now.

Mary, 23 more solids for me please. And I sewed 21 saltines together.

Other Linda (:lol) glad you made it to Texas. Have a great time there. And yes, I think you need to do some yarn shopping while there :D

Too late, Mary, it's already happened. I stopped by WalMart after supper tonight and bought a skein of each of the colors for my Painted Desert 'ghan and some yarn needles since I hadn't brought those with. (Didn't know if there'd be room.) And my projects are going faster than I thought they would. And with Wendy now ahead of me, I couldn't resist feeding my saltine addiction. :lol :lol :lol

Mary - 75 solids for me. Going to find me a bite to eat. Haven't had dinner. Might try to stitch a few together. I did get to stitch 18 squares together for the Cara's checkered ghan...not the one I'm doing for the games.

Linda M~I'm so glad you like the yellows together...I've added your 23 squares. :hook

Linda ~ :cheer for getting more supplies for our addiction. I'm still trying to figure out how anyone can "pack light" for a month. ;)

Valerie, you are definitely on a roll! :yay 75 solids added. :)

Archived