Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary that is beautiful. I love the colors you picked and your cat is gorgeous. Now what pattern did you say you were going to do next.

Cara, come on girl pull your socks up, your getting behind a bit...:D Hope your enjoying your holiday.

Tabby wow what an announcement. Your one busy girl arent you. How are the boys doing.

I have just come back from taking the girls to the swimming pool. They begged me to take them. So I said ok and I took my squares to do there and while they swam I squared... hehe

Its another hot day here today. Will summer ever end, whats with the weather lately its supposed to be Autumn.

Good Evening. Here is my smaller version of Baby Blocks! Look closely in the second picture and you can see Zoe Cat, who looks unusually sweet.:devil (Clickable)

th_BabyBlocks009.jpgth_BabyBlocks012.jpg

Mary, I think Zoe wants the ghan:lol

Judi~He sounds like a well trained *clears throat* I mean a good man. :devil

I wish I could've been a fly on your wall during those few months. :lol :lol

...After nearly 40 years of marriage he's better be well trained by now!:lol:D ...I guess they mellow when they get older:lol :lol

You DON'T want to know all that he had to do for me!:2eek

...all I can say is TG it was my LEFT wrist:rofl :laughroll:rofl

(and I "mis-wrote"...and me a writer:P ...the cast was on for "only" 3 weeks, a few months ago, then it was weeks longer before it quit aching when I used it too much. I was VERY depressed, not being able to crochet)

Happy Saturday. :) Thank you all for the compliments! I already miss making squares...we all know it's addictive. :devil Time to check out the patterns!

Cara ~ I would love for you to use my ghan on your website...thank you. Just let me know what I need to do with pictures.:hook

Announcement:I will be starting the pretty baby gingham quilt soon. Colors to be announced.

I sounded so official. :lol

Tabby, Can't wait to hear about your colors...in your next official announcement! ;):lol

Mary - Your qulit-ghan is absolutely beautiful and Zoe is precious. :yay:cheer:yay It looks like she has claimed the ghan as HERS.:lol

Thank you, Cara. :hug I like the way it is turning out and Kim adores it already. Have fun on your trip.

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, Dallas was a blast! I feel like I've been run over by a bus but I had a great time :lol We got home about noon yesterday and I've pretty much been asleep since then except for brief periods of tryingto stay awake which, obviously, failed :D Think almost 24 hours sleep (and tons of Ben-Gay) have done some good though :yes Might be able to get one block together today :yay

Mary - Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! :nworthy You don't need to do another thing beyond the wonderful job you've already done :manyheart

Okay, I've learned that I need to make squares to keep me happy ;) so I just got back from Hobby Lobby! I'm going to do one of Cara's Ohio Star patterns :think in Windsor Blue, Claret, and either Aran or Soft White. The Aran looks a little more antique to me; we'll see.

Cara ~ Thank you for using my picture...I told Zoe that it was her debut on the Web. :lol

Morning everyone. Its another sunny sunday here in oz.

Cara Im glad you had a great time in Dallas.

Tabby look forward to hearing what you are going to do next.

Mary those colors sound great for the ohio star and congratulations to Zoe on becoming a star.

Well I did another row on the casablanca yesterday. I must put a photo up as Im nearly half way now.

Im going to my mums today and taking my squares with me. Its such a portable project, I love it.

Have a great day or night everyone.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd jump in here quick -- not much time to answer separately .. We 've had a rough couple of days here . My aunt passed away ( she was 94 ) ,so I had to get ahold of some of the family that lives on THIS side of the country-- she lived in California with her kids, grandkids, etc ,so that is the other half of our family, many of whom I have never met .

Then I had Cam the last 2 days and the poor little dude got a really bad case of stomach flu last night. He ended up in Children's hospital today, but thankfully is back home and resting now, so hopefully the worst is over .

Anyhow, I have been trying to grind out a few squares here and there .

I'm gonna get IMPEACHED as leader due to lack of participation .:(

I'm trying, gang, it's just been slow going the last few weeks .

That saying of When it rains it pours, is pretty doggone true .

Congrats to Mary on finishing your afghan. You guys are all so talented !

And most of you who have finished are already starting on a second one .

You ALL get gold stars this week . :sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar

I get to sit in the corner with my gum on my nose .

Awww Julie, you poor thing :( You've had a rough time...here's a :ghug And you're not getting out of being leader that easy! :lol

Take your time, do what needs to be done and we'll still be here all suffering from the Little Square Bug :) Oh wait, that's probably my fault, but I could be blamed for worse things, I'm sure :devil

Good Morning! :manyheart

Julie~Sorry to hear about your Aunt. :hug That stomach flu is a whopper isn't it? My oldest twin was the only one left out of the sick loop & he decided to join in last evening. :eek I'm glad the nice weather is kicking in so these winter bugs can kick out. :D I hope Cam feels better soon, give the little guy get well hugs for me. :hug:manyheart Take care & make sure you make time to take care of you, we wouldn't want our fearless leader to get sick next. :no

Good afternoon! DH and I have been busy around here today and wanted to check in.:) It sure is quiet!

Julie ~ If you would put me down for the Ohio Star Variant in Claret, Windsor Blue, and Aran. :hook Thank you.

I made a few squares last night (with an H hook instead of G - much easier on my right hand!) and really like the colors together. Baby Blocks was the fifth baby ghan I've made since last fall and now it's time for red, white, and blue!

Have a great Sunday. :manyheart

Mary, I'm using the same colors in my Blue Star (along with a matching varigated)! They really are pretty together:c9

Hi Gang

Thanks for the well wishes . Cam is doing better . I got to spend a couple hours with him today. I bought him some Transformers-- Tab, I'm sure you know what they are with all those boys. I had no clue how to work them little things, but between me and Cam, we got them figured out . I told him he had some color in his face today, and he started wiping his face off. He must've thought I meant he had COLORED on his face with markers or crayons .

Anyhow, you sometimes take advantage of good health til someone in your family doesn't have it, then you remember to be a little more thankful of it after that .

Mary- I'll go add you to the list for your next quilt. your colors do sound pretty .

I'm hoping this week is a little quieter ,then I will have something to show for Photo Friday . :)

wow its not very busy in here, I can only assume you are all madly crocheting squares or you have all gone mad from making squares.:lol :lol

Wendy, you are so cute. :yes It's probably a bit of both! :hook

Julie~I definitely know what a transformer is and we actually bought some for the boys yesterday. Great minds think alike. :D

Mary~Those colors sound beautiful. I can't wait to see some pics. :hook

Wendy~You are too funny. :lol

I did crochet some squares for my MIL's tetris ghan i'm working on. I also did a bit of shopping and my Hubby bought me a digital camera as an early B-Day present. I'm so siked, I can't wait to get the hang of it so my pics. can be as perdy as all of yours. :manyheart

hmmmmmmm....

i think it`s time to start crocheting little squares to be absulotly (squares insaint) lol :lol

my yarn will arrive today

to hope much of my progress i`ll be too slow i`m preparing for my wedding

wish me luck :)

Archived