Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

My 105 pound pup shoves a toy against my crocheting - usually it's his big orange squeaky ball - and gives me such a pitiful look I have to stop and play with him! I'm a sucker for big brown eyes...:D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 105 pound pup shoves a toy against my crocheting - usually it's his big orange squeaky ball - and gives me such a pitiful look I have to stop and play with him! I'm a sucker for big brown eyes...:D

----------

Well, who isn't, Judi! :lol

my little orange tabby cat gets supper jealous if my attention is away from him at all for any purpose if my boyfriend gives me a hug skimble shanks hisses at him and raises his little claw up at him and gives him that look that says " thats MY momma! back up bubba or Ill or ILL well you dont wanna know what my kitty claws are capable of! but DAT's MY MAMMA! back off"

---------

Tami, I love the big orange kitties the best! They're all so adorable (I have 2 myself).

Well, we arrived safely in Dallas :) Haven't been here in years forgot how nice it can be :yes Nice clean, comfortable hotel room and a great view...who could ask for more? And internet access to boot :clap

Julie - Dallas is about an hour and fifteen or so minute from Waco.

Hello!

I have been busy, busy today. First I get a call from my son Sage to bring his homework that he forgot on his desk to school for him. Ugghhhh, this wouldn't be such a task if I drove but I don't. So, I bundled poor sick Jaden up & hoofed it to the school. I tried to personally hand deliver his paper to him so I could lecture the heck outta him but he was in state testing. Grrrrrr......... Jaden turned cherry red as we get to the school & proceeds to cough so bad he's gagging & barely catching his breath. *sigh* So, I pick him up, bury his head in my coat (5 below this a.m.) & practically run home to give him his neb tx. He is better after the tx. & then the phone rings. Guess who it is??? Yep, the school. Sage is sick with a tummy ache & needs to be picked up now. Oh my, was I fuming. I mean I know it's not his fault that he was sick but geeze louise I was just there. Poor Jaden! So I hoof it back up to the school & get Sage. This time I put Jaden in the stroller & bundled him even better (you could only see his eyes). It was a bit warmer & the wind had stopped so he did better that trip.

Is this some evil plan to make me pay for being a scaredy cat & not driving??

Oh Tabby...What a day you have had. I hope both boys are okay and the other ones don't catch anything.:manyheart Your day reminds me of what my mom must have gone through with four kids and one car, which my dad drove to work. We lived in Iowa and the winters were fun for the kids, but not moms, I'm sure.

I feel almost guilty for taking the whole day for crocheting and working in the yard...but not too guilty. :devil

Tabby - Oh my goodness! What a trying day :( Hope everyone feels better soon and you get a break. Here's an encouraging :hug You can always come blow off steam to us :yes

Poor Tabby. Sounds like you've had a day and then some. Hope both boys are okay really soon. :hug

I finished hiding all the tails on the squares for the second half of my first block and started sewing them together. Pretty close to having it finished. 6 half rows to go. Will definately have progress to show on Friday. Then it will be back to crocheting squares again.:hook

Mary, enjoy your yard work! Despite the arrival of the sounds of the spring birds, you'd need a pick ax to do any yard work here!! Frozen tundra this morning!!:( ...I mean, I enjoy winter, but....

Julie--Welcome back. We all certainly understand how life intervenes! Yeah, I'm thinking my colors will be ok. The star on blackford's beauty and the diamonds are grey, the main color is bone. I can see it starting to take shape and it looks fine. I'd have preffered for it to be darker like the one in the pattern, but I thought it was more important to keep the two blue colors together than to separate them. We've got a baptism of our nephew this weekend, so I should be able to finagle (sp?) camera batteries out of it so I can post a picture!

Cara--Glad you arrived safely to find internet in your room!!

Tabby--Here's to a better day for you!

Linda--I can't wait to see the progress you've made! I should be sewing on squares today too! If I work really hard tonight and tomorrow I may have a finshed square.

Renee, Tammy, Judi-- I guess I should feel pretty lucky that my cat doesn't really act like that. Now, she WILL sit next to whatever I am doing (And sometimes ON TOP of the yarn so that you have to pull the yarn from under her fat little body) in hopes that at some point she can get her little paw on my yarn. And she's never really played with the ball of yarn, she is more likely to chew through the yarn (normally as it is attached to a project) and chew multiple pieces...so all yarn has to be put away so that the cat doesn't swallow any and need a trip to the vet!

Good Morning! Our weather is beautiful again today. After some boring housework and laundry, it's back to squares. :)

Linda - You have been busy :hook...looking forward to pictures.

Judi - This time of year is uncertain...we've had ice storms on Easter or 100 degrees in April! I love to be outside in my yard, but lately working on Baby Blocks is more fun.;)

Well, we arrived safely in Dallas :) Haven't been here in years forgot how nice it can be :yes Nice clean, comfortable hotel room and a great view...who could ask for more? And internet access to boot :clap

Julie - Dallas is about an hour and fifteen or so minute from Waco.

--------

Hey Cara, the best part of Texas is about 2 hours south of Waco (in Austin!). :lol

Morning, ladies

It's nice to see you all in here today, chatting away . A lot of you must have pets, kitties mostly from the sound of things. I don't have any pets, not even a goldfish . I had a big old grey cat my whole life growing up ,but havent had once since. I used to dress him in my baby doll clothes and put him in my baby buggy, which lasted about 12 seconds til he jumped out and gave me a look like GET THIS SISSY-PINK OUTFIT OFF OF ME NOW>

I think he was a little embarrassed to be the only MAN cat on the street with a pink dress on . :lol

Poor Tabby- it sounds like your life is a repeat of a few times when our kids were little. We had one car at the time and my husband had it at work all day, so I went for about 15 years without a car in the daytime . Now I don't know how I STOOD it, because I love having my wheels now and it'd be rough getting used to NOT having them again .

I remember times when the school would call and I'd have to walk to pick the kids up if they got sick. Luckily, we always lived pretty close to the schools.

Anyhow, I have got to get onto my squares today- I made a deal that I'd crochet some every day -- lately my mind seems to go off in other directions. Maybe it's spring fever. I actually heard birds tweeting 3 days in a row !!!! I think winter is ALMOST over ... I hope .

You all have a great day . :)

Thanks Julie! :manyheart I did get good news today from the Doc. :clap My kids can go to school tomorrow. The older one just needs his inhaler which is has access to at school & my younger one can go to pre-school and i'll carry his neb. with me. She also gave me an aerochamber & inhaler for Jaden incase we're somewhere that I can't give him his neb Tx. This cold, cold weather is brutal for there breathing.

Go AWAY old man Winter & Mr. Jack Frost! :yes:lol :lol :lol

Wow, Tabby - both boys! We girls are so much stronger, aren't we?:lol

Hope they stay on the road to better health...hugs to all of you.:hug

Tabby Im glad your boys are going to be ok.

Julie glad to hear your still crocheting. Do a little bit every day and you will get there.

Mel cant wait to see some pics of what you have done.

Its a long weekend this week, monday is a public holiday so Im hoping to get heaps of squares done. I really need to get back to the casa and add some more rows.

I think if we added all the squares we have all done it would stretch from Australia to US... well nearly..hehe

Wow, Tabby - both boys! We girls are so much stronger, aren't we?:lol

Hope they stay on the road to better health...hugs to all of you.:hug

You aren't kidding.:no:lol I live with all boys......the Hubby & our 4 boys. :eek When they're sick life itself is over but when i'm sick (doesn't happen often) or if i'm in pain life goes on & most of the time you never know anything is wrong with me. Boys will be boys & where would they be without us?? :think:lol :lol

Sounds like everyone here is busy. So far I only have two blocks done on my Ohio Star Quilt - will send pics tomorrow. I need to start on my baby blocks quilt if I am going to get it done in time for the shower in April. I have picked out the colors and will start out doing some of the squares this weekend. I still have so many boxes to unpack, but I'm hoping to put a dent in that this weekend. Is is supposed to be nice here.

Archived