Help - Comfortghan for Little Girl and Family

rosebud75

Im looking for some help. I just found out that a little girl and her family just moved in next to me and they lost everything, So i have been helping with extra clothes and stuff.

But I was wondering if anyone would like to donate a blanket or 8" squares for a girl (6 yr old) ( pink, purple) and a boy (9 yr old)( blues, greens, reds) to be made into a blanket any help would be wonderful

Thanks for listening

:ty:xfin

please put your request in the comfortghan or charity section. You may get a better response. List the size and colors you would like the squares to be.

Thank you for thinking about doing something for them!

Before I get started, could you confirm that the kids do not have allergies to cats? My cat likes to "help" by testing the afghans for warmth. Of course I will wash them before I send them but I always like to give a "heads up" that there might be a little fur LOL

They also have a cat so it wont be a problem :ty

Before I get started, could you confirm that the kids do not have allergies to cats? My cat likes to "help" by testing the afghans for warmth. Of course I will wash them before I send them but I always like to give a "heads up" that there might be a little fur LOL

• 1 month later...

Yes! I thought I would be able to make 2 blankets by myself, but I can't. The girls blanket will probably be done by the end of the week. She needs lots of squares for the boys blanket, or if you wanted to make a blanket for the boy she will accept that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Please if anyone can help me with the boys blanket, it would greatly help me out. The little girls blanket it almost done. And now like i said before need help with the boys blanket. Thank you

Rosebud75 - Your original post said you were looking for 8 inch squares in red, blue, or green for the boy - is this still what you need? I have a bunch of Caron One Pound Scarlet (bright red) and Royal (bright blue) that I could make some squares if you think this would be okay yarn to use. I thought I could do rounds of alternating these two colors in a standard granny square so it would be kind of similar to the girl's blanket that BPitard is making (which is very pretty). If you think this would be something this little boy would like, PM me your address of where to send them.

Thanks

Sharon

I did a shout-out on Facebook for people to send me squares to make the blankie for the boy. If you want to send to me, you can send black, blue, red, or green or any variation/combination of those colors. When I get a bunch of squares I will assemble in the same way I did the girls blankie. Please PM me for my address. Of course your welcome to send squares to Rosebud75 as well. I did this because I feel bad that I (up until now) have been the only one to respond to her posts for help.

Thank you, Your very Kind:hug

I did a shout-out on Facebook for people to send me squares to make the blankie for the boy. If you want to send to me, you can send black, blue, red, or green or any variation/combination of those colors. When I get a bunch of squares I will assemble in the same way I did the girls blankie. Please PM me for my address. Of course your welcome to send squares to Rosebud75 as well. I did this because I feel bad that I (up until now) have been the only one to respond to her posts for help.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still needing squares. This is what I posted to Facebook:

If you are sending squares for Little Boy Blankie, I am planning to assemble the blanket during my August vacation (unless its unbearably hot) so please try to get squares mailed by August 1st so I will be sure to have them in time. If you need my address or any other information please send me a private message.

Archived