A Hamster Hut :P

Mom w/a Motif

I crocheted our newest hamster a hamster hut. :hook I put her in it to see if she would like it. She started digging furiously then all of a sudden she was asleep. She slept in there, on my lap for about fifteen minutes. :manyheart The one picture she is still sleepy. Then the last picture she is in her finished hamster hut. She was being really hyper and kept crawling all over, so it is a little blurry.. Thanks for looking. The pattern is a free one, online: Hamster Hideout

post-20-135897522923_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897522926_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897522929_thumb.jpg

Some time ago, I made up a hamster hut too. I put a lid on mine and the hammy just loved it. After a while though, the hammy chewed it all up, but at least he had a good time of it....kept the little guy busy. Yours is sooooo cute and your hamster is adorable and adorable inside of it. Too cute when they fall asleep inside. Sometimes I think furbabies love our crocheted items more than people do :lol.

Very cute - is it made out of cotton? I'd worry that she'd chew it up a bit and if it were made of acrylic it might not do well in his tummy :(

Happy hamster! I think she is going to really love his new hide out!!

This is adorable. I used to have a hamster. Then I got a cat. Oh that sounds horrible. The cat didn't eat the hamster. Just when he died I didn't get another because of the cat,

YarnorFabric, it is made out of cotton. I haven't seen her try to chew it yet. I think we will just keep it for when we take her outside. She peed in it already, I think (it smells). So I will have to wash it.. I don't know if it will be practical, or not... :think She seems to like it though. (For sleeping, anyway.) :P

How cute!!!! My 10 yr. old dgd has a hamster. Her name is "Buttercup". Guess I'll have to make one for Buttercup, since it is soooo cute!!! Thanx for the pattern!!!:hook

I have been watching her. She has only been in it the one day since I made it (I want to wash it before I put her in it again). They have been trying to chew everything, pencils, erasers, anything... They are so funny, though. They make us laugh, they're so cute. :manyheart

Cute little hamster and hut.

Watch to make sure he doesn't eat the yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! You made a lovely, cozy little home for your furry pal, how nice! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful idea. I think I'm going to try making one in a larger size for Trilby, my new guinea pig. :) She's currently sleeping ON the felt cozy I made her, probably because it's a bit too small since I made it prior to getting her and she was a bit bigger than anticipated.

• 3 weeks later...

The site hosting the pattern says all the free patterns are being converted to PDF and will then be made available again, but if you want, you can email for a copy of a specific pattern.

http://peaches-creme.com/

Hope that helps anyone looking for this particular pattern.

Archived