Look what I found at yard sales

LovesGrannySquares

I am SOOO excited. I set out this morning to search yard sales for some yarn. I was very excited to find this ball of yarn. Its 255 yards and it came with a learn to knit DVD and plastic knitting needles. I dont particularly want to learn to knit, but I might give it a try. I paid $1 for this really cute scrap-ghan. My intentions are to repurpose the yarn. I will feel kinda guilty in tearing someone elses hard work apart, but thats a lot of yarn for only $1. Does anyone else do that?

post-36160-135897522817_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897522821_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897522827_thumb.jpg

:wooI love it when I find something great like that! I agree and if it looks like it was never used...I would probably do the same. I do rescue a lot afghans that look lightly used because we love the handmade stuff around here and will use it or pass on to someone who will!

in the thrift shop yesterday I found a crocheted bag...purple and white...brand new for $1.00. I was sad someone had tossed it but was happy to snag it for a girl I know who loooooves purple...it definitely got a good home

This yarn is so soft. It's going to be really hard to take this apart. Although I love the colors, I really dont like the color combination. I was getting discouraged because we had been to about 5 or 6 sales and I didnt see a bit of yarn and then happened upon this ghan and immediately decided it needed to come home with me and be given a facelift! lol

• 1 month later...
I am SOOO excited. I set out this morning to search yard sales for some yarn. I was very excited to find this ball of yarn. Its 255 yards and it came with a learn to knit DVD and plastic knitting needles. I dont particularly want to learn to knit, but I might give it a try. I paid $1 for this really cute scrap-ghan. My intentions are to repurpose the yarn. I will feel kinda guilty in tearing someone elses hard work apart, but thats a lot of yarn for only $1. Does anyone else do that?

I have been wanting to do just that, especially for mohair or angora sweaters because the yard is soooo expensive. But I do not know how to begin pulling apart a piece. Maybe you could give us a lesson on that???

Archived