Kitty-Cat Afghan Pattern - Baby

Miss Crochet

Also known as:

The Kitties in a Row afghan

The Pussycat Throw

The Cats on a Fence afghan

... yup, take your pick! It's been around for a while!

As, I explained in the Show'n'Tell category, I have several versions of this pattern, but each one was problematic in some way. So I tweaked it a tiny bit and re-wrote the pattern, with step-by-step instructions and photos on my blog. I know it's an old chestnut, but it's such a fun and fast baby afghan pattern, so maybe this might help someone who might've been intimidated by it before.

post-18038-135897522726_thumb.jpg

:clap Oh wow! I've seen a lot of these, and tried it a time or two, but was never happy with the results. Yours has got to be the prettiest I've seen! I'm heading straight over to your blog to read about it and save the directions you mentioned.

What a beautiful baby afghan!! Great work!! :cheer

Im working on testing this out now... I think im crocheting to loose as it dose not look like the ghan pictured.. but i'm gonna keep going. and next one i will try to go down a hook or 2 and crochet tighter lol :). I am only doing it in 2 colors:)..

This is such a cute pattern :)

EDIT:

just a question

where is the "cats" in the afghan.. is the 2 big holes the eyes? if not to me that looks like the kitty face..

just checking as when i showed hubby he didnt see the "kitty". i even tryed to point it out. and he still didnt see it. so just currious to if im looking at it wrong

• 2 weeks later...
Im working on testing this out now... I think im crocheting to loose as it dose not look like the ghan pictured.. but i'm gonna keep going. and next one i will try to go down a hook or 2 and crochet tighter lol :). I am only doing it in 2 colors:)..

This is such a cute pattern :)

EDIT:

just a question

where is the "cats" in the afghan.. is the 2 big holes the eyes? if not to me that looks like the kitty face..

just checking as when i showed hubby he didnt see the "kitty". i even tryed to point it out. and he still didnt see it. so just currious to if im looking at it wrong

Go to the photo and start at the bottom with the purple row. Where the white comes down into the purple makes the cat's front paws, the next row of white makes the cat's chest, the next row makes its face and the ears are defined where the pink comes down into the white.

WOW!

A free pattern with pictures....... who could ask for anything more!!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us, I can't wait to make it some day.

Go to the photo and start at the bottom with the purple row. Where the white comes down into the purple makes the cat's front paws, the next row of white makes the cat's chest, the next row makes its face and the ears are defined where the pink comes down into the white.

That's right! Thank you!

It's very funny because some people need a while to 'see' the cats, other people see them straight away. I made my MIL a big version of this because she loves cats and she didn't get it at all. I could see she was being polite and nodding and saying, "Oh yes, it's lovely. Cats, you say? Very interesting."

Anyway, a couple of hours later I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard a shriek: "I SEE THEM!" and when I went into the living room, she was holding up the afghan, pleased as punch, and said, "Look - here are the paws, the body and the ears!" :lol

Archived