Garter belt for bridal shower gift

Raquel

Hi all! I needed a bridal shower gift and the bride to be did not yet have a garter, so I made one to custom-fit her. Came out better than I expected!

Pattern is at http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/Something_blue.pdf.

Theirs is in blue thread but I only had white, so I used white and then added a blue ribbon rose. The pattern says to just weave the elastic and ribbon together, but I ended up sewing the ribbon to the elastic, pulling the elastic a bit taut so that it would have some "staying up" power. :) Here are pics:

garter1.jpg

garter2.jpg

:book Raquel

What a wonderful idea. I imagine the Bride is proud to be wearing your gift during her Wedding. Bet she and the groom buys another garder belt to throw (as per custome lol ) rather than loosing that one. A terrific thing to do :hug

Oh that is really pretty. I need to make one for my cousin who is getting married. The link won't work for me though so I will have to go over to free patterns and do some searching! You did such a great job!

That is beautiful. If you know this bride very well and want her to have one to save, you could make another one like it and put on the card, one to stay and one to go.

That way two gals would have that beautiful garter and who knows maybe the one that catches it would save it for her wedding. Just a thought. ~ Brenda

• 2 months later...

Wow! I love this one. I'm thinking also of adding another gift to go with the ring bearer's pillow that i will be doing for a friend's wedding, and it's fast approaching this december already. i hope i can make both of it just before the wedding.:think

Archived