Yarn

I placed an order for some yarn from Knit Picks yesterday. The colors are so beautiful. I havent seen any like them at my LYS. I was just wondering if you all have ordered from there before and are you happy with their yarn? I paid $2.49 per ball and I got one color for $1.99 per ball. I think yarns such as Vanna White's comes with more yarn per skein for around $2.99, but the colors I have to choose from at my LYS arent as pretty and bright as the ones I ordered. Where do you all buy your yarn online and get the most for your money?

I started crocheting again last December and before that it had been YEARS since I bought yarn. I have a hard time paying these prices for yarn when I used to buy red heart for something like .97 per skein!

I have ordered from Knit Picks several times, and love the yarn. I have some of several lace weights, some of the Pallette, and a few of worsted weights for small projects. The colors shown on my monitor are pretty accurate, customer service is great, and I just got a couple of patterns last week, at really great prices (downloads). I hope you have a wonderful time with your new yarn!

I'm knitting a pair of socks with Knit Picks Stroll (Handpainted), and am just loving it. The price was 1/2 of that you'd pay for sock yarn in a LYS (only 9.99 for a skein that will make 2 socks). The colors are just beautiful.

I've always had good service from them, and so has everyone else I've ever talked to about them. :c9

I love KnitPicks! You are right about the skeins being smaller, but I still think they are a great deal. Customer service is great also. I order from the a lot!

I adore KnitPicks! The yarn is wonderful; the pricing reasonable, and the shipping reasonably priced and generally pretty fast. I'm grounded from there until I use up some stash...ok a LOT of stash; but am already plotting my next order. And of course, if I ever hit the lottery.....

I received the yarn over the weekend. I am thrilled with the colors! I knew 75 yds per skein wasnt going to be a lot, but they are even smaller than I imagined. Now I have NO idea what to use the yarn for. The weight is smaller than I thought too. I am not experienced enough to gauge the weights and know what type of yarn is best for what type of projects.

Maybe I'll use this yarn for a granny square bag. :think

Archived