Sweet little Sundress

I have had a couple of friends work this so I don't really need any testers but if you do work the pattern please let me know how it turns out or if there are any adjustments I need to make

Sweet little Sundress

This dress should fit a 7-9 pound newborn baby.

102_1049.jpg

H hook

light WW cotton yarn like Peaches & Creme

Yarn needle

Buttons to fasten back

Button to embellish (if desired)

Bodice-

Ch 36

row 1: DC in 4th CH from hook and next 3 chs,

(1 DC, CH 1, 1 DC) in next ch,

DC in next 5 chs,

DC in next 10 chs,

DC in next 5 chs,

DC in last 5 chs. Ch 2, turn.

rows 2-6: DC in each DC across, putting 1 DC, CH 1, 1 DC in next ch, in center CH 1 space of corner below.

Ch 2, turn.

row 7: DC across to CH 1 space of corner group, ch 4, dc in CH 1 of second corner group,

DC across to CH1 space of third corner group, ch 4, DC in last CH 1 space of corner group, DC to end.

Ch 2, turn.

rows 8-10: HDC in first st and each st across. Ch 2, turn. (I switch colors for rows 9 and 10)

Join at end of row 10

Skirt- worked in rounds (another color change)

round 1: Ch 2, 2 DC in same st as CH, skip next, *3 DC in next stitch, skip next* around, join

round 2: slip stitch in next 2 (to center of cluster) Chain 2, 2 DC in same stitch, *3 DC in center stitch of cluster” around, join

rounds 3-11 : repeat round 2

round 12 : CH 2, HDC in each chain around, fasten off

Back and neck trim- (another color change)

Join yarn in the back opening of the left side, ch1, sc up the side, 3sc in corner, sc around neck, (1sc, ch 3, 1sc) in corner for button hold.

Weave in ends, attach buttons.

post-18291-135897521573_thumb.jpg

OMG! I love this! and the color too...:cheer

I hope I can do this as a beginner. How do you rate it?

I would definitely say it is a more simple pattern than some. I have created many versions of this dress over time with different variations but I love the yellow and white for summer. Please, if you try it, feel free to ask me to clarify anything for you. You can check out more pics here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=328853&id=762500690&l=1ee31de0d2

Way to cute, if I shall ever have grand children or the need of infant clothing I know whom I shall contact.

Thanks!

Archived