Thread Hooks - What is your favorite kind?

Kimberly

I've just gotten into thread crochet in the part year. I had been using the steel Bates and Boye hooks for the craft store. I liked the Bates a lot better... The Boye's snaged a lot for me. Maybe I'm just holding them weird.

Than, my mom found out I was having problem with my wrists hurting if I worked to long. Mom to the resuce. At the big Sheep and Wool festival she bought me a complete set of the Addi thread crochet hooks. :D I've been using those ever since becuase I can hold onto them better... THough, I've seen a lot of ideas here on what I could do to my regular hooks to make them more comfortable. I keep meaning to try some ideas... Just need the time.

Guest Crafterlady46

I like Boye and inox. Got some great inox hooks from Kimberly. I have been using Boye since I started hooking 30 years ago and still use them. Inox is right up there with them!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mainly use a Boye size 6. I have a Greydog Tanzanite Wooden one with a steel Boye size hook inserted also. It seems to crochet a big larger, so I use it when i need a size 5 hook or so.

• 2 weeks later...
What is your favorite thread hook to use? I know that many of you use various vintage hooks or foreign purchased hooks.

I work with cotton thread a lot and I absolutely love my grandmother's old Imia steel hooks. They're a Philippine brand, I think, and it's the only thing I'll ever use. :hook

As for yarn hooks, I'm not picky at all. I use Susan Bates aluminum and Crystallites, depending on my mood. :)

I haven't tried any foreign hooks -- now you all got me wanting to try them...LOL!

I'd have to say my favorite HANDS DOWN brand is Susan Bates. I like the sharp, thin hook and the deep cutaway in the tip so it really *grabs* the thread. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my SB hooks!!

Archived