Quitting for Crochet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You CAN do it! You have already passed the first hurdle.

Don't forget to spray the car with febreeze, clean the ashtray & fill it with baking soda (add something that smells good, maybe shave a little off a yankee candle tart or add a few drops of essential oil).

I agree with keeping snacks with you too. Another thing that may help in the car & at home are audio books or a calming cd.

ladies thanks for the suggestions about when i'm driving but ummm...i am a truck driver. i drive 600 mile a day... i gave the truck a good cleaning, changes and washed my sheets...bought that smokers air cleansing candle from wal-mart...i didn't use the trucks ashtray...i used butt cups...threw those away...trying to changes my habits a bit...i didn't smoke in the bunk area so i am going to try and stay back here more often..problem lighting back here sucks! oh well...thanks again for the encouragement!

Grab a small clip-on lamp from one of the discount stores or Walmart. They work great! I have a clip-on book light that I use when FH is watching TV or something in the evening and we have already turned the lights off. Or maybe one of those push-lights.. push the light and it turns on/off. Super simple and only requires a couple of batteries.

Ill send good vibes for you.. My father was a heavy smoker an quit when i was bout 8.. and I know how hard it is. as i watched my father struggle with it. YOu can do it.. just keep positive.. find another vice for your mouth.. My dad didnt use the Nicoret gum.. he hated the taste.. so he got Dentine gum. and used that every craving :) and it worked.. but he did get addicted to that gum lol.. had to have it lol.. but much better habbit then a siggy.

:)

well ladies because i haben't bought cigarettes i habe $ 20 in my quitting for crochet fund!!!

This is wonderful! You're doing great! Keep it up and before long you'll have plenty of $$ for that new Jimbo hook or anything else your heart desires!

I think this is absolutely wonderful. We lost my grandmother a year ago to cancer (stomach not lung) but it was a horrible experience. Ever since then I am so sad to see people smoking since we all know its so bad for you.

It's a great idea to reward yourself by spending the money on a new habit that you enjoy. Good luck with the process...

Cheers to you for another day of being smoke-free! Keep up the good work! You have got so much willpower!

it's actually getting and little harder...i'm starting to fantasize about smoking! but i am at a place that doesn't sell cigarettes so hopefully i can resist!

I've heard that once you get past the first week or so it gets easier, even though you will still have the "urge". My understanding is that it is more a "hand-to-mouth" habit that you have to change rather than a nicotine addiction, as the nicotine leaves your system after 36-72 hours. It is going to be probably the hardest thing you've ever done, but I have faith that you will succeed! Keep up the hard work and it will pay off!

3 days equals what? almost $30? Wow that's a lot of yarn (Sugar'N Cream is on sale here in my town! LOL)

getting a little irriatated at my laptop today!! also been needing naps...that's because of the lack of nicotine and it's stimulant effect i guess

Oddly, nicotine is a depressant, not a stimulant. Just keep it up!

Oddly, nicotine is a depressant, not a stimulant. Just keep it up!

Actually Nicotine is a neurotoxin and acts as both stimulant and depressant. Here is a quote: "Nicotine itself acts as both a stimulant and a depressant depending on the dosage and the circumstances of absorption. Basically smoking a cigarette quickly can product a depressant effect (cigarettes calm me down) whilst smoking a cigarette slowly can produce a stimulating effect (I can focus better after having a relaxing smoke)." ...from quittersguide.com

I read all these sites back when I was quitting. Anything to keep me motivated toward the goal of being smoke free. It was the hardest thing I have ever accomplished! Thank God for support!

tmpinsnty -- Wishing you well on your goal to become smoke free! I quit Jan 1, 2001! You will be so proud!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Job well done. Keep up the good work. Hmmmm 6 days now. How much would you have spent on cigarettes in 6 days? Take that amount and go spend it on crochet - yarn or patterns or whatever as long as its on crochet. You have earned it. Again, congratulations.

Archived