Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Sue I hope everything is alright. You will definitely be missed

I'm sorry to say I can no longer host this CAL. If someone else would like to take over that would be fine. I may not be around the Ville for awhile.

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got 5 packages out in the mail this morning. :hook The recipient of my wonky 9" square knows who she is, but the rest will all be surprises. :cheer Yay!!

I got a lovely Thank You card, and a beautiful crocheted Angel in the mail today from Lovin2Crochet. Thank you so much, I love the Angel. :hug I'm going to put it in my craft room, with my other angels. :manyheart (And you are very welcome for your friendship square, too. :hug)

post-20-135897757468_thumb.jpg

I just got a really lovely card and really nice teal and beige square from Carloe, lovin2crochet.

I havent checked in on this thread in a while.....not been in the mood to make squares..been doing the swaps etc etc...and I just rescued a little dog (its WORSE than having a baby in the house!LOL) seriously no time to craft/crochet!! SO it was super nice to get a surprise of a lovely square in the mail, and also get me motivated to doing some squares again.

Carole......thankyou so much!

I got a lovely Thank You card, and a beautiful crocheted Angel in the mail today from Lovin2Crochet. Thank you so much, I love the Angel. :hug I'm going to put it in my craft room, with my other angels. :manyheart (And you are very welcome for your friendship square, too. :hug)

Such a cute angel!

Once my move is over next month, I plan on doing more squares to send out.

kuddles

Bubbe, thank you so very much for the lovey square. I recieved it yesterday, and wasnt able to get online as I had to go do some running with my mom and all 4 of the kids. I absolutely love it. I hope to post a pic of all my squares together soon :)

:hug to Sue and everyone here :hug

You are welcome! Hope you can use it. :)

What! Losing our leader! I understand about life getting in our way sometimes, would this be a temporary hosting, and if someone could explain to me what all it involves, I would be interested in knowing, i would hate to see the thread die off. Sue, hurry and come back, you will be sorely missed!

I'm so glad you like the little Angel, Tina ~ :hook You're very welcome. :hug

I'm sorry to say I can no longer host this CAL. If someone else would like to take over that would be fine. I may not be around the Ville for awhile.

:turtle:vheart

Okay . . . you can admit it now, Sue . . . you're going turtle chasing, right? :D (I hope that's the reason you have to leave our presence? :think)

But seriously, Sue friend, I hope all is well with you and/or family and it will only be a temporary absence. We'll miss you sooo much!! :hug Hurry back if and when you can, too, okay?

I just got a really lovely card and really nice teal and beige square from Carloe, lovin2crochet.

I havent checked in on this thread in a while.....not been in the mood to make squares..been doing the swaps etc etc...and I just rescued a little dog (its WORSE than having a baby in the house!LOL) seriously no time to craft/crochet!! SO it was super nice to get a surprise of a lovely square in the mail, and also get me motivated to doing some squares again.

Carole......thankyou so much!

I'm so glad you like the square, Fiona ~ :hug

What's the new doggie's name? Oh, do we know about rescuing the unwanteds . . . one of the reasons we've got 10 cats (only 4 are inside, tho :D). In fact, we have 3 new mommas now, too ~ Gidget had 2 babies yesterday; the first of this week, Rusty had 5 babies; and this morning Buffy had her babies (don't know where as yet, but she's skinnier now). These girls we just didn't get them fixed fast enough! But just you wait and see ~ :D

lol im thinking maybe sam ( sambuca) or callie (kalliemocho)...my son is on vacation and back this week...so I kind of want him to be in on things too...so we are just kind of doing ...hey little girl ..... right now lol

she hasnt been with us a week yet-and already I see such a huge change in her..she is such a delight!

yes im thinking of green/pink sqaures next - they are such happy colors.

Sue-/turtlvr-

hope all is well, take what ever time u need- but you gotta come back REAL soon - we cant make squares without your suprervision!!lol

in the meantime- I hope someone can help us control us!

crochet hugs

So is this thread going to continue?:worried

I hope so...I was just getting rolling on getting the list whittled down. I guess we can still continue to make squares and send them...right?

So is this thread going to continue?:worried

I hope so...I was just getting rolling on getting the list whittled down. I guess we can still continue to make squares and send them...right?

I dunno, nothing seems certain yet, guess we wait and see, till we hear, Im gonna keep makin um! lol

I dunno, nothing seems certain yet, guess we wait and see, till we hear, Im gonna keep makin um! lol

Hey! Katy and ya'll ~ I'm for just keeping on making the Friendship squares ~ :crocheting We just need someone who can keep the list updated and sent out. (I'd volunteer, but I'm too inconsistent with this internet stuff :blush)

There's too many of us that would still like to receive squares so we can get our Friendship-ghans put together. We've made some good friends here in CrochetVille ~ :manyheart And it will be nice to have a little something to touch 'n feel that reminds us of each other. Right? :hug:hook Besides, I've been having a lot of fun making these squares, too.

I want to say thank you to Nikki for the very pretty square I received today. It was perfect timing. I was so frustrated at work today, I come home and my DH and I had words and then I pick up the mail and surprise, a very pretty square. Thank you so much.

From what I understood Sue needs someone willing to keep us in line :lol and to keep the list current. I plan on making squares and sending them out as often as I can. :D

Just speculation here, but the problem may lie in so much time spent. Maybe some of us could share the responsibilities, split the list in multiple parts, for updating, have several people to send out new lists upon request, do that only a couple times a month, or take turns, something can be worked out. I understand it to be a lot of work and somewhat time consuming, for one person and time is something we all seem to have little of these days. I don't know anything new, about it, and left to our own devices, we will have to figure out something if we want to keep it going. So anyway, for all its worth, I can't blame Sue as she has given so much for so long and really needs to take some time for her, so if this is her choice, I hope to hear soon, and hope she knows how much we appreciated her efforts, and she will be missed, if she chooses to take a vacation for a while, and then, when we know, we can get something else going if there are enough of us that want to continue. So anyone out there interested, think about it, as cohost, or asst host or or or??

anyone got any other ideas..?? I was in another cal similar to this one, the host disappeared for unknn reasons, the thread died a slow death. I would hate to see that happen here, as this gives so many a reason to help someone else with a simple square or two....

Just wanted to send "Thanks" to Yarn_Monkey/Nikki for her pretty pink Wonky Square she sent me ~ :hug I Love it!! I'm sure it will look great included in my Friendship-ghan. Thank you so much ~ :manyheart Here's a pic . . .

I'm so glad it came and that you can use it!! Yay!!

I want to say thank you to Nikki for the very pretty square I received today. It was perfect timing. I was so frustrated at work today, I come home and my DH and I had words and then I pick up the mail and surprise, a very pretty square. Thank you so much.

I'm glad it came on an important day. There isn't much better than getting a surprise (a nice one!) in the mail when you're having a rough day. I hope everything is okay with you and your DH.

Just speculation here, but the problem may lie in so much time spent. Maybe some of us could share the responsibilities, split the list in multiple parts, for updating, have several people to send out new lists upon request, do that only a couple times a month, or take turns, something can be worked out. I understand it to be a lot of work and somewhat time consuming, for one person and time is something we all seem to have little of these days. I don't know anything new, about it, and left to our own devices, we will have to figure out something if we want to keep it going. So anyway, for all its worth, I can't blame Sue as she has given so much for so long and really needs to take some time for her, so if this is her choice, I hope to hear soon, and hope she knows how much we appreciated her efforts, and she will be missed, if she chooses to take a vacation for a while, and then, when we know, we can get something else going if there are enough of us that want to continue. So anyone out there interested, think about it, as cohost, or asst host or or or??

anyone got any other ideas..?? I was in another cal similar to this one, the host disappeared for unknn reasons, the thread died a slow death. I would hate to see that happen here, as this gives so many a reason to help someone else with a simple square or two....

What if we had say 4 or 5 people to co-host and a separate email address for all changes and updates to be sent to? Even if one gets PM'd to us, we can just email it there. Then the co-hosts would have the password and could alternate updating every week or two and at least make sure that they send it to each other. That way there would also be a team in case something comes up with one of the other co-hosts. Unfortunately I can't do the hosting every single week, but I would love to help out. :think Ideas?

I really love this CAL and I just found it and I am desperate to keep it going. I love it!! :manyheart

I can help cohost if that's what needs to be done. I can do it all pretty much from my phone (except post pics) and would be glad to help out. As soon as we figure out what's needed anyway. It is a lot of work for just one so I think this would be a good idea.

Archived