Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hey Ladies! I've been MIA the last couple of weeks... started a new job and DH is starting a new job as well. Plus we're having company tomorrow. I have a square made up and sitting on top of my pile of afghans. All need sent out. Probably will get them sent out next week when everyone is gone. Hopefully I can add another one to the pile between now and then.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since hte weekend at my friends house, 3 of the 4 kids now have a sore throat. My friends daughter had strep adn we didnt know. Needless to say I think they all learned NOT to drink after other people :(

Is anyone interested in a 9" square? ... I don't see that listed specifically on the spreadsheet, but I figured I would ask. If not, I'll just add a few rows of sc and make it bigger... Somehow my 8" turned into a 9" :think Not real sure how that happened!! :blush

Is anyone interested in a 9" square? ... I don't see that listed specifically on the spreadsheet, but I figured I would ask. If not, I'll just add a few rows of sc and make it bigger... Somehow my 8" turned into a 9" :think Not real sure how that happened!! :blush

ha ha that too has happened to me, but never fear, someone here will "call" it, lol

I got one!!!! And it is absolutely gorgeous.

This varigated yarn color looks fun to work with

Thanks so much for thinking of me

Bubbe

I got 5 puffies out on Tues so they should be showing up any time~

hey all.

been somewhat quiet lately in here. Hope all are doing well, and just busy hookin'!!

Hey! doin' fine here, Katy ~ :hook and yep, crocheting my lil' heart out :crocheting

It's been so stormy and rainy here, but makes for good crocheting days, right.

Hubby ran me to the post office yesterday to mail off an armload of puffies . . . I think eight, maybe nine packages?? Hope ya'll like them ~ :manyheart

Hi! yarn_monkey ~ :hook Oh, I've had that happen all too often with me, too, squares not being as big, or bigger than the pattern said. I thought my sewing tape measure wouldn't ever be needed with my crocheting, but I find myself using it a LOT ~ :lol Would your square look alright if you let out a row?? I know I've had to add rows sometimes, to mine (my 12" squares were turning out 11" :think).

Hi! yarn_monkey ~ :hook Oh, I've had that happen all too often with me, too, squares not being as big, or bigger than the pattern said. I thought my sewing tape measure wouldn't ever be needed with my crocheting, but I find myself using it a LOT ~ :lol Would your square look alright if you let out a row?? I know I've had to add rows sometimes, to mine (my 12" squares were turning out 11" :think).

I don't even think letting out one row of sc would save it! :lol I'll probably just end up adding a couple more rows of sc and then sending it out as a 10" or something! If I rip the one row of sc, below that is a row of dc and that will be too much! :blush Oh the problems of a hooker! :hook

I don't even think letting out one row of sc would save it! :lol I'll probably just end up adding a couple more rows of sc and then sending it out as a 10" or something! If I rip the one row of sc, below that is a row of dc and that will be too much! :blush Oh the problems of a hooker! :hook

:lol yeah, I know. Hey! you could always send it to ME *as is* ~ :hook I could fit it in to MY Friendship-ghan since I'm doing 6" and 12" squares ~ :hug

I got one!!!! And it is absolutely gorgeous.

This varigated yarn color looks fun to work with

Thanks so much for thinking of me

Bubbe

You are very welcome! I think I've sent out about 15 and only heard from 3 or 4 people. This makes my day! :hug:cheer

... Somehow my 8" turned into a 9" :think Not real sure how that happened!! :blush

This happens to me all the time too. :( I sometimes add rows or various rows of whatever combination of stitches will work (sometimes a half double will work when a sc or dc throws you too much either way). Sometimes I frog back several rows and try to crochet looser or tighter or sometimes I go up or down a hook size. I have probably frogged as many squares as I have completed. I have a few patterns that I kind of know what to do to make them work out right but when I try a new pattern anything goes. And even though its the same brand of yarn some of it is just a little thicker or thinner and it causes the size to be off.

You are very welcome! I think I've sent out about 15 and only heard from 3 or 4 people. This makes my day! :hug:cheer

I understand. :hugOften someone letting me know they got my square was the highlight of my day and ever so often I hit a real lull on getting acknowledgements. Almost everyone eventually acknowledged them. I did pm some to see if they had been received or lost in the mail. Sometimes I received notes in the mail so that made the wait worthwhile.

Hey all,

I sent a square to Nira and it got returned to me. Maybe I have the wrong address for her. If someone could pm me with the right one I will get it back in the mail.

It would probably be best if you pm'd Nira to confirm her address.

I may not be able to come online often...but I always make it my business to jump on immediately when someone takes the time to make a square especially for me. Thanks again, and what yarn is this. I really like the color.:clap

I understand. :hugOften someone letting me know they got my square was the highlight of my day and ever so often I hit a real lull on getting acknowledgements. Almost everyone eventually acknowledged them. I did pm some to see if they had been received or lost in the mail. Sometimes I received notes in the mail so that made the wait worthwhile.

It's really not a problem....it just truly made me happy! :) I know people's lives are very busy and getting on is hard to do. Especially those with kids. Mine is grown and moved out so I don't have nearly the pressure and time constraints. I totally understand!

I'm sorry to say I can no longer host this CAL. If someone else would like to take over that would be fine. I may not be around the Ville for awhile.

:turtle:vheart

I can't host this CAL, but I just wanted to say I hope everything is okay, Sue. :manyheart

I'm sorry to say I can no longer host this CAL. If someone else would like to take over that would be fine. I may not be around the Ville for awhile.

I don't think I could host either. I hope someone can. I do hope everything is okay with you Sue.

Sue, I know that I havent been posting much, but I do get on almost every day. If you still need someone to host the CAL please let me know. :hug

Bubbe, thank you so very much for the lovey square. I recieved it yesterday, and wasnt able to get online as I had to go do some running with my mom and all 4 of the kids. I absolutely love it. I hope to post a pic of all my squares together soon :)

:hug to Sue and everyone here :hug

We are headed off to my BFs family reunion. However, its supposed be be all friends and family from like 4 or 5 sides of the family. I will have my 3 kids and my nephew not to mention all the OTHER kids that will be there. Needless to say to time to relax bc i will be on kid duty. :D I will post a few pics of the kids when we get home tonight providing the cooperate LOL

Hope you all have a nice weekend and I will see you all later :hug

Archived