Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

:hugFirst I would like to thank mom With a motif for the gorgeous square she sent me! Its absolutely beautiful and I know it will look great with my other squares. I cannot post a photo because my camera is broke. this square made me very happy and helped me feel better. I have been away from this forum for a while because back in January I went for surgery and have been recovering... so THank You! again for the wonderful addition for my friendship blanket! I Love you all!

Penny:cheer

I want to make a friendship-ghan and know there are many people with squares in their wish list. I want to start making at least 1 square a week and send them out once a month. Anyone else interested?

If you've received a square, please post a thank you (here and RAOK thank you thread) without listing the senders name. This is RAOK afterall! Plus we'd love to see pictures of the squares you receive and the progress your afghan is making!

If you are looking to get squares, please PM either me or post here what you are looking for. You can PM me your address or put where your wishlist is so we can get it from Janet or Terri. Nobody is obligated to make and send squares even if you want to receive them. We are just trying to get as many friendship-ghans made as possible! :hug

Need to be a Villager in order to receive the address list. Sorry.

Need a new list?? You MUST PM me with your e-mail address in the PM.

Here's a list of who's looking for what, but don't forget to check wishlists too!

* means I have their address and you can PM me for it if you want to be anonymous.

? means I don't know what size/type/color square they'd prefer. Please let me know so I can update.

*AbbyNormal: 6 or 12", any

*Abigail1280: 6" any

*annmcc1976: 12" blue, purple, variegated

*annmcc1976's dd: 12" pink, purple, yellow and/or green

*ariiaana: 12" simply Caron, blue

*AshyN: 6" navy blue, hunter green

*Aussie Paula: 12", any color, but prefers solids

*BaseballMom18: 8" or 12" blue, green and/or teal3

*Bubbe: 8" WW, any color except solid black

*Butterfly5776: 7" dark red (claret), black and/or white

*CindysSweetThings: 2-12" (patchwork), any color, favorite is yellow, doesn't want too much white

*cratfylady1956: 12" ww, any

*crochet321: 3, 6 or 12" GRANNY squares in muted fall colors

*CrochetBoosh: 12" ww, any

*crochetluvknot: 8", green/soft white

*cshort: 8" fall colors solid or variegated

*distinctives123: 8" earth tones or varigated and 12" any color

*dobermama: 10" RHSS solid colors, fall colors (think fall leaves)

*dragonracer3: any size, any color, ww

*ducky73: 12" bright red and/ or white

*Faith: 6 or 12" acrylic, brown, pink, tan or red

*grannieannie: 12" acrylic, purple and/or yellow

*hershey038: 6 or 8", any

*hershey038's dd: 8", lime, hot pink, turquoise and/or purple

*hhensler: No more needed! :)

*honex99: 6", any color, but purple is her favorite

*hopewilbanks: 6", light springy colors (no dark colors)

*ImmaFreek: 6" or 12" acrylic, any pattern or color, prefers granny squares

*jessicali: 6" any color, favorites are pink, green, purple and blue

*JustAddGlitter: No more needed. :)

*kam: 8", black, green and blue

*KatieBug: 6 or 12", any yarn, any pattern, any color prefers blue, green and dark purple though

*katyallen8090: No more needed. :)

*kidget29: 12", pink, light green and/or cream

*Kimgoodie: 6 or 12" ww, black, pink or grey

*kuddlekubs: 8" cotton, BRIGHT colors

*LeslieG: 8" RHSS Aran

*loopy1: 8", any, few or no holes (ex. not lacey) **Please put in a note with the yarn color (she is partially color blind) and your Ville name**

*Lovin2Crochet: 6 or 12", any

*mandymae: 8" ww, any

*melia.ann: 8", green, orange and white

*mom w/a motif: No more needed. :)

*mumbles17: 12" green/teal/beige/cream

*nira: 12" acrylic, any color ADDRESS HAS BEEN UPDATED

*oldcountrygirl: 8" cotton, earth tones

*pat54: 8" acrylic ww, any

*pineknott: 8" RHSS

*PiscesCrocheter: any size, color or pattern in ww yarn

*p.s.warrington: 6" RHSS, pastel colors (see her signature for specifics)

*rscowtown: 6 or 12" RHSS, any

*rosebud75: 8" ww acrylic, any

*sahm2g1b: 6" any

*Segi1974: 12", purple/green HOLD OFF SENDING SQUARES FOR NOW!

*Skoggy: 8" WW, soft pinks, purples, yellows, creams, or any other "girly" colors for a baby

*SlyeCreations: 8" WW acrylic

*sopo: 6" cotton, black/white/gray, solids or variegated

*sweetpossibilities: 10", any

*tcandlgmom: 12" ww acrylic, any

*teakaycee: 12" RHSS

*teakaycee's dd (Jamie): 8" black, white and/or gray

*thepunkrockinchick: 12" yellow, green and/or blue

*tiffer93: 6 or 12" WW acrylic pink, gray, white and/or black

*tmpinsnty: 8" RHSS variegated

*tonyal: any size or color

*trudem: 10", RHSS, black and blue (not navy)

*WVUAlesha: 12" cotton

*x3melissa3705: 10", any

*yarn_monkey: 8" RHSS/ILTY, bright colors (no black, grey, etc.)

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All, Happy Spring, Just wanted to say I have a puffy going out tomorrow to someone here is a clue it is pink and a Nana Square. :) will be sending out puffies once a month. I will post a pic later. I love you all. How is everyone? I've been in school and now I am on spring break. Please pray for my mother in law she has ms and she had a fall. but other than that i am well.....Hugs to everyone

You are welcome! I didn't know you had surgery either. Hope you are "back on your feet" soon. :hug

:hugFirst I would like to thank mom With a motif for the gorgeous square she sent me! Its absolutely beautiful and I know it will look great with my other squares. I cannot post a photo because my camera is broke. this square made me very happy and helped me feel better. I have been away from this forum for a while because back in January I went for surgery and have been recovering... so THank You! again for the wonderful addition for my friendship blanket! I Love you all!

Penny:cheer

I hope your MIL will be all right. I just found out a friend of mine has MS. Hop you have a nice Spring Break!! Our kids just went back & I am sooo dragging... :(

Hi All, Happy Spring, Just wanted to say I have a puffy going out tomorrow to someone here is a clue it is pink and a Nana Square. :) will be sending out puffies once a month. I will post a pic later. I love you all. How is everyone? I've been in school and now I am on spring break. Please pray for my mother in law she has ms and she had a fall. but other than that i am well.....Hugs to everyone

Just a reminder...if you don't include your e-mail in the PM for the list request it WILL be ignored. Also, I don't just send one address, it's the entire list or nothing.

:turtle:vheart

Happy Weekend Everyone ! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I am spending the weekend with my kids and nephew over at a friends house. She has an Autism Benefit for her son tonight so I will be watching her 3 kids plus the 4 I brought over. :think

I plan on doing some :crocheting today, with any luck.

Hopefully the kids dont "eat me alive", as my BF put it. :lol

I have a feeling that by this evening I am going to be :help in toys and crying, fighting kids :lol

The kids are 12,11,9,7,5,4 and 4 . :eek What was I thinking LOL

But, really, they are good kids.

Hope everyone gets to do a bit of hooking this weekend :hug

I am not sure who all sent us squares but I'm going to put this post up for the past 6 months!! ANYONE who has sent Madyson and Myself some squares TY!! I know we got at least 2 or 3 packages :). one was a fw weeks ago but with my class I just ahd no time to get online to give a TY.!!! so here it is now !. were almost ready to compleate our ghans.. I am going to get a final count on how many we both need soon.!. but if we end up with extra I'm going to make pillow covers :)

Lol! I hope it goes well. I had the two neigbor girls over last night & I thought that was a little crazy. (They are really good girls, just busy-and the 4 year old is a climber. :P)

I am spending the weekend with my kids and nephew over at a friends house. She has an Autism Benefit for her son tonight so I will be watching her 3 kids plus the 4 I brought over. :think

I have a feeling that by this evening I am going to be :help in toys and crying, fighting kids :lol

HEY ALL!!! i just counted our squares and madyson needs only 5 more squares to compleate her ghan!!! and I only need 3. Ty to all who have already sent us squares!.. were almost compleate!! :).

I love all the squares everyone has been getting!! :manyheart

Mom w/ a motif, can you tell me where you got the pattern for abbynormal's square? It's lovely!!

I've got two squares done at the moment and I'm hoping to get another 2 or so ready to go and then I'll be mailing out some puffies on either Wednesday or Saturday morning. :D The post office and I aren't particularly the best of friends, so I'm trying to do as much as possible in the one trip!! :lol

Oh mercy - I always tell people that God only gives ya what ya can handle....that's why He only gave me ONE!

If you can get crochet in with all that...I bow to your awesomeness! :cheer

The kids were really good...only had minor infractions. LOL Me and my friend had to go to the mall before she went to the benefit, so we took 2 of the kids with us. My 5yrold DD and my 4yrod nephew. My daughter was having a hard time sitting at the nail salon so we walked over to zales. Big mistake , lol. She wanted one of everything :)

other than that they were really good, until the storms started to hit then they were flipping out, lol it was cute. Dustin, my frinds 4yr old son, was runnign and laughing and screaming, it was so cute, so i ran and screamed with him. He thought it was the greatest thing ever :)

Hope everyone stayed safe lastnight :)

i did get some hooking in last night, but only about 5 rows of my tote. but hey, its better than nothing

It's in "200 Crochet Blocks" by Jan Eaton, called "Chocolate Box" square. It's also in "99 Granny Squares" by Leisure Arts. :) I don't know if it's online or not. I haven't looked for it.

I love all the squares everyone has been getting!! :manyheart

Mom w/ a motif, can you tell me where you got the pattern for abbynormal's square? It's lovely!!

I've got two squares done at the moment and I'm hoping to get another 2 or so ready to go and then I'll be mailing out some puffies on either Wednesday or Saturday morning. :D The post office and I aren't particularly the best of friends, so I'm trying to do as much as possible in the one trip!! :lol

Well shoot, I have that book on my coffee table... Apparently I haven't looked hard enough! :lol

It's in "200 Crochet Blocks" by Jan Eaton, called "Chocolate Box" square. It's also in "99 Granny Squares" by Leisure Arts. :) I don't know if it's online or not. I haven't looked for it.

The kids were really good...only had minor infractions. LOL Me and my friend had to go to the mall before she went to the benefit, so we took 2 of the kids with us. My 5yrold DD and my 4yrod nephew. My daughter was having a hard time sitting at the nail salon so we walked over to zales. Big mistake , lol. She wanted one of everything :)

other than that they were really good, until the storms started to hit then they were flipping out, lol it was cute. Dustin, my frinds 4yr old son, was runnign and laughing and screaming, it was so cute, so i ran and screamed with him. He thought it was the greatest thing ever :)

Hope everyone stayed safe lastnight :)

i did get some hooking in last night, but only about 5 rows of my tote. but hey, its better than nothing

Girl! I envy your youth ~ :lol Glad you and the kids had a great time this weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun.

We got lots of thunderstorms this whole weekend . . . and of course, it had to wait until night time, right? :think But we didn't get blown away or anything. Just tons of rain, tho.

Archived