Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hi Carole! Welcome back! You're very welcome for the square! Looking forward to seeing your pics! Enjoy your 'ville time! I miss it soooooo much when I can't log in for any reason!

Thank you, Granny Annie ~ :hug I didn't realize how much this group kept me focused. :lol I guess I spent a lot of time just walkin' in circles around here, missing ya'll so much. (since I have rheumatoid arthritis, I haven't been able to drive myself into town, so I only get out on shopping days once a week with hubby, or when we go for a drive)

It was always, and will continue to be, such a nice surprise to get a package from any of you. All I can say is . . . "just when you need it most, here comes a wonderful, beautifully made square from an oh-so-thoughtful CrochetVille Friend ." :hug:manyheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi Carole! Welcome back to the daily ville life! I would miss it too, as it is sometimes the only thing I check when getting online, ha ha.

You're welcome for the sqaure, glad you can use it! Waiting for pics too, can't wait to see it!

Believe it or not I have actually been to your town, a long while back, but sill, I remember it as a nice place! SO, take out your hooks, and yarns, and get comfortable, and lets Crochet!!!!!!!

Thank you, Katy ~ :hug

That is so neat that you've been to our little town of Mindenmines! You musta not blinked while driving by ~ :lol I love this area, and we're kinda right in the middle of several towns, the closest being Pittsburg, Ks (only 10 miles to our grocery store). Just wish we had some yarn stores close by ~ Hobby Lobby has reopened finally after the tornado hit Joplin, Missouri, but they're about an hour's drive from us. Otherwise, it's Wally World (Walmart) ~ slim pickin's on the yarn and thread supplies. :( BUT . . . now that I'm back online :hook . . . I LOVE shopping for my thread and yarns from Red Heart, Annie's Attic, Herrchner's, and whoever else I can find a good sale at ~ :clap Right now my livingroom looks like an extension of my crafting/office room, with all my bags of yarn and crochet supplies laying around ~ :D

Hope you're having a great Crochet Day! :crocheting

Glad you got back online, Carole. :manyheart

Funny thing: Yesterday, I leaned over the arm of the couch to see what the dog was doing; and saw a square I had made, peeking out from behind the coffee table. "Huh?"... :lol I thought I had made more squares than what I had sent out. But.. I can't keep track. (Obviously.. Lol)

Hi all-

I am a bit frustrated as I finally got to making squares, packed them up and I haven't been able to get to the P.O.

Our car has been on it's last legs like forever and it is our only car. We are hoping soon to get another --say next month. I cannot wait to say the least.

We live in a small town and thankfully do not have to travel too far for anything but the car is very bad hubby don't want me to go too far.

I have 4 lil packages to mail and now cannot go do it :(

Just know I am here in spirit till I can get out and about like normal people...

Hi all-

I am a bit frustrated as I finally got to making squares, packed them up and I haven't been able to get to the P.O.

Our car has been on it's last legs like forever and it is our only car. We are hoping soon to get another --say next month. I cannot wait to say the least.

We live in a small town and thankfully do not have to travel too far for anything but the car is very bad hubby don't want me to go too far.

I have 4 lil packages to mail and now cannot go do it :(

Just know I am here in spirit till I can get out and about like normal people...

Oh that sucks. I know how you feel. My jeep broke down twice last month. Hopefully you can get a new car soon. Squares can wait. Don't want you to get stranded anywhere.

I have 3 squares done that I can hopefully mail out at the end of the month. Want to make if four squares but I keep getting distracted by family asking for stuff. :lol

Hope everyone has a great week!

Welcome back online Carole! I'm glad you liked the square I sent you and the squares you sent me were gorgeous!

Sorry I haven't been online recently ladies. What with the news of my pregnancy, my cousin having her first baby, adapting to being home on my own all day with Felicia, I have done... well... pretty much zero crocheting (apart from the Ami swap and a couple of squares I sent out in RAOK).

I'm now trying desparately to get back into doing something. Working on a plain 2 colour Granny-ghan at the moment in cream and lilac. Got some more squares to send out but that will have to wait until the end of the month.

hi everyone, hope all is well with you! The weather has been atrocious lately, and I have had a bad cold/virus/i dunno for the last week, but other than that, doing well!

SUch pretty squares made, sent and recieved! Love the eye candy!!

Welcome back online Carole! I'm glad you liked the square I sent you and the squares you sent me were gorgeous!

Sorry I haven't been online recently ladies. What with the news of my pregnancy, my cousin having her first baby, adapting to being home on my own all day with Felicia, I have done... well... pretty much zero crocheting (apart from the Ami swap and a couple of squares I sent out in RAOK).

I'm now trying desparately to get back into doing something. Working on a plain 2 colour Granny-ghan at the moment in cream and lilac. Got some more squares to send out but that will have to wait until the end of the month.

Congrats on your pregnancy. And it is hard staying home all day with children. I was a stay at home mom while my dd was little. I started back to work 1 week before she started kindergarten. But they do grow up fast mine is almost in high school now.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheerCongrats !!! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hi everyone ! Just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how ya'll are doing.

I have 2 more lessons to finish and then I get my Professional Bridal Consultant Certificate. YAY !

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheerCONGRATULATION!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hey all! Dropping in to say hello and that I hope all are doing well! Such beautiful squares going out and being received! :hugs for all!!!

Congrats Emma!

I just finished my 2 afghans that I've been working overtime at last night, so now I can get back to making squares. Thought I was never going to get them done!

Hey,

I sent out 4 squares yesterday. I had made several up ahead of time and now my stash is almost depleted. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend :hook. I'm not working my list in any particular order. Does anyone have a strategy that works out really good? I just see a square pattern I like then make it and try to find someone on the list that matches.

Congrats!!!!!! :cheer

Hi everyone ! Just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how ya'll are doing.

I have 2 more lessons to finish and then I get my Professional Bridal Consultant Certificate. YAY !

WooHoo! You're almost there!!!

Congrats Emma!

I just finished my 2 afghans that I've been working overtime at last night, so now I can get back to making squares. Thought I was never going to get them done!

WTG on finishing the 2 afghans! I'm working on one and it's taking 4-ever! There's nothing difficult about it, I just put it aside for other things and have trouble getting back to it! :lol

Hey,

I sent out 4 squares yesterday. I had made several up ahead of time and now my stash is almost depleted. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend :hook. I'm not working my list in any particular order. Does anyone have a strategy that works out really good? I just see a square pattern I like then make it and try to find someone on the list that matches.

I don't really have a strategy. I usually look at the list and decide what size square/s I want to work on and make a list of the people and their color/yarn wishes, grab a few patterns (I like to try some new ones), and go from there. If I hit on a pattern that works up really well several people may get that same pattern, I can just change up the colors for that particular person. That's what I love about the Espresso Square. It's supposed to be an 8" sq, but you can modify it easily to almost any size and color changes make it look so different! Have fun is what I say! :hookHere's a link to my Ravelry page so you can see it in many different colors! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/grannyanniek/espresso-square

Hey all! Dropping in to say hello and that I hope all are doing well! Such beautiful squares going out and being received! :hugs for all!!!

I Love You Sis !!!! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I Love You Sis !!!! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheartI love you too big sissy!!!:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

:mail !!! Sissy just gave me my mail!!! Thank you crochet321!!! I love it! Such a pretty shade of blue! :c9

That's what I do, see a square pattern I like & try to find someone on the list that matches. Lately, I've had my favorite squares & try and make those work. I haven't made any in a while since I sent out the last ones. Been trying to finish an "order" from my son for some socks. :loco Lol.. He's a character..

Hey,

Archived