Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Time for a little speech from Square Mom...

If you are sending squares you can check the board to see the last time the person you plan on sending to was on here. Go to Community and Member List. You can search their name and go to their info page to see the last time they visited. I had a couple PMs from people with outdated lists that sent to someone that hasn't been on the board in awhile.

DO NOT go by the first post list. That doesn't show who hasn't been on the board in over 30 days. I will NOT advertise that there.

When you send a square you need to check here and the Wishing Well thank you thread for thank yous. Not everyone on the list is an active visitor to this thread.

I do not want to drop this thread, but it's becoming more work and hassel for me than I want or need.

Lastly, I just updated the list so if you need a new one PM me with your e-mail.

:turtle:vheart

You know what they say about all good things.........I hope it doesn't come to that with this thread. I was here when it started and have mailed out 169 squares to 88 people. I think there have only been 9 people that I never heard from. I think most have since been dropped from the list.

Early on I realized I had to mail out squares because it was something I wanted to do and hoped they made the recipients happy whether I got a response back or not. Sometimes it was months before I heard anything and the persons were going through a life crisis event and quite often they said my square was a bright spot during that time. Some times I received a thank you note/letter in the mail. All of this has far outweighed the few times I heard nothing.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tina, you're welcome. Glad the colors worked.

Brenda, you must be the square queen. lol 168!! I think I've sent about 50 but I quit for a while. :( Sorry guys.

I think later, I'll dig the squares out I've received and see what's there. Question for those that join with the flat braid join... I've done that join with afghans made with the same kinds of squares (plain grannies)... how does it work with all different kinds of squares? Do you come up with the same number of loops all around on different patterns? Or is there a better join for friendshipghans?

Time for a little speech from Square Mom...

If you are sending squares you can check the board to see the last time the person you plan on sending to was on here. Go to Community and Member List. You can search their name and go to their info page to see the last time they visited. I had a couple PMs from people with outdated lists that sent to someone that hasn't been on the board in awhile.

DO NOT go by the first post list. That doesn't show who hasn't been on the board in over 30 days. I will NOT advertise that there.

When you send a square you need to check here and the Wishing Well thank you thread for thank yous. Not everyone on the list is an active visitor to this thread.

I do not want to drop this thread, but it's becoming more work and hassel for me than I want or need.

Lastly, I just updated the list so if you need a new one PM me with your e-mail.

Definitely don't want this thread to disappear! That's a good tip to see how active a user is Sue!

Wow! 168! I've only done about 10 or 12. Currently my list is buried in with my craft stuff. Still organizing that area of my home. I didn't realize how much I had until I had to pack it up :lol

So nice to see everyone playing nicely! Now there's a good thread! I have checked the names out before as Sue suggested, and if they had not been on in quite some time, I didnt' send. Most of them though, even though not posted on this thread, were active on other threads, so I would send those. The ratio of thank yous to the ones I sent out, were very high thank yous, and a couple late, (little personal mess. to politely inquire if they receive is pretty much all it took to jolt their memory, and a nice thank you always followed!) and maybe one out of the whole bunch, never heard from, but that was probably my fault, as that was before I checked their activity... So all in all, I think Sue does a wonderful job of keeping us all in the know, and if checking the names first helps her do her job with less stress, we ought to all do it, lol Leave the more important stuff to Sue, right! A big thanks to Sue for all she does!!:ty:jumpyay:tup

I want to thank Lorraine for the beautiful square she sent me in with the ami swap package! I love the colors, makes me think of spring which starts today!

Gotta say.. I saw the chocolate before i noticed the squares XD

But beauties they are and the cute little flamingo too!

Nice package Amanda! LOVE that flamingo and the square is very nice too!

And yes, Sue is a sweetheart that does a great job! Thank you Sue for all you do. ((hugs))

Thanks ladies. Sometimes I just get frustrated. This is suppose to be all about giving. You know the old saying about a couple bad apples. Thankfully the majority are prize apples. :hug

6 squares ready to send!! Yahooty! Going to get some puffies today and off they shall go.

I'm breaking the list down by sizes. Trying to do all of one size that I can if I have the color/type yarn they requested. Then move to the next size.

The Lvr of Turtles is great! Thanks for all you do. :hug

Hi ladies. I've not done much or been about a lot recently. Got a few things on my plate (see the thread about my little Bug for info). I do have some squares to go out. Just need to find the time to get to the post office.

Hope you are all doing well.

The Lvr of Turtles is great! Thanks for all you do. :hug

Hi ladies. I've not done much or been about a lot recently. Got a few things on my plate (see the thread about my little Bug for info). I do have some squares to go out. Just need to find the time to get to the post office.

Hope you are all doing well.

:hug:hug Hoping for the best for your little Bug.

Thanks to Stephanie for the two pretty squares!! I got one in a beautiful shade of blue (very spring-y looking!) and a soft yellow. I love them both, but I just LOVE the blue one. ;) Thanks so much!!

6 squares ready to send!! Yahooty! Going to get some puffies today and off they shall go.

I'm breaking the list down by sizes. Trying to do all of one size that I can if I have the color/type yarn they requested. Then move to the next size.

Hi all, and that is exactly how i got through the list too! We are too smart, lol.....lovely squares for all, and Im rechecking the list for a second go round!

anyone really close, and just need a few more to finish??? Let me know please, and you may get a puffy!!

Archived