Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll third it!!! :D

Been doing that today when I've been able to. Temperature hasn't gone above 0 here and there has been a thick cloud of mist since yesterday morning. Oh, what a dreary couple o days.

hey all, got a question for those of you that have mailed overseas. First of all, what does it entail at the post office, and second of all, if it's a granny sqaure or two, how much does it usually cost, and thirdly, is there any special way to pack it, will a manilla do, bubble one, probably?? Thanks for any advice, haven't don't this for so long, a very long time ago, mailed to India in a swap, but sheesh, that's gotta be at least 10 years ago and I certainly don't remember the incidentals! Thanks and keep on squarin'!

I'm pretty sure it'll be the same in the States as here. No specific packaging just make sure its done up well, I sent mine in manilla envelopes. You have fill out a declaration for things leaving America (I had to do one for items coming in) and you just ask the clerk for one of those. Its only a very small blue piece of paper, just say what it is, approx. price (ye, I know... kind of hard), weight. Shipping cost? Well, that I can't be positive on but it isn't a lot. It costs me 28 Swedish kronor to send one (£2.80 so thats... errm... $4.5 approx.).

Hope that helps.

hey all, got a question for those of you that have mailed overseas. First of all, what does it entail at the post office, and second of all, if it's a granny sqaure or two, how much does it usually cost, and thirdly, is there any special way to pack it, will a manilla do, bubble one, probably?? Thanks for any advice, haven't don't this for so long, a very long time ago, mailed to India in a swap, but sheesh, that's gotta be at least 10 years ago and I certainly don't remember the incidentals! Thanks and keep on squarin'!

Yup, pretty much what Emma said. I sent mine in manilla envelopes. Just made sure they were sealed up good. Depending on the country you will have to fill out a customs form. Just fill in your addy and where it's going to, I usually declare it as a "gift", cost of very little, etc. I just noticed that it cost the same ($3.46) to ship to Australia and Sweden! Of course it took almost a month to reach Paula! :eek I'm glad Emma got hers faster than that!

I'm pretty sure it'll be the same in the States as here. No specific packaging just make sure its done up well, I sent mine in manilla envelopes. You have fill out a declaration for things leaving America (I had to do one for items coming in) and you just ask the clerk for one of those. Its only a very small blue piece of paper, just say what it is, approx. price (ye, I know... kind of hard), weight. Shipping cost? Well, that I can't be positive on but it isn't a lot. It costs me 28 Swedish kronor to send one (£2.80 so thats... errm... $4.5 approx.).

Hope that helps.

Umm...I didn't fill out a declarations form. I didn't think about it. Will it still get to you? I hope I didn't make a big headache for you. Sorry!

Umm...I didn't fill out a declarations form. I didn't think about it. Will it still get to you? I hope I didn't make a big headache for you. Sorry!

Strange. Normally a clerk would give you one. Oh well :) No idea if it will still reach it's destination... only time will tell :D

Strange. Normally a clerk would give you one. Oh well :) No idea if it will still reach it's destination... only time will tell :D

I mailed it from home. I checked the postage price on usps.com and, since it weighed less than 13 oz, I put it in my mailbox instead of taking it to the post office. I haven't gotten it back yet so maybe it is okay?

I know it's been a while since I have been on here and I am truly sorry about that everyone. I miss having the time to come on here every single day lol. Life tends to get busy super quick lately so that is partly why I have been so absent as of late. I come to give a big thanks to rscowtown for the beautiful Autumn-y colored square I received today :). It brought a big ol' smile to my face, I absolutely love the colors they are too cute :hug. So thank you so much again it will make a lovely addition to all my other awesome squares ^_^!

oh la la la, seven, count um seven puffys headed to new homes as of this am!! Shall i give you some clues, well ok,,,,,oh never mind, just teasin!! Watch your boxes!, and lemme know when they arrive or if they don't please, and thank you....

Also, in reference to an earlier post, I had my fav. lady at the counter of the post office today, so grilled her about overseas mailings, and she was nice enough to run a check on postage to austrailia, and sweden for me too, and it is really less than mentioned above, I think she said under 3 bucks for Aus. and I forget for Swed, but it was not much either, and she told me to just come in when ready, and she will help me with the slip thing, customs slip, so isn't that special!! Post office was so busy today too, after a holiday and a holiday weekend for them, i bet they dread coming back today! I think Ill make her a hat, sheesh, then I gotta make the guy one too, lol he waits on me too quite often, oh boy, and the lady that walks around, even when the counter is backed up, and then doesn't open another window, but goes back into the back and disappears, I dunno about her, lol we'll see how generous I feel next time I go in!! lol

Ok, seven puffies, and one small parcel of peach colored yarn for you know who you are, lol over and out! Beautiful day out, get out and enjoy!

Well-y, well-y, well-y... no sooner had I replied to posts on here this morning, the postie came and stuck a big brown envelope through the letter box...

Thank you sooooo much Cindy!!! They arrived today! And they are absolutely adorable. :manyheart:hug

post-54070-135897711056_thumb.jpg

@Katy, glad you managed to get some "professional" help from the PO. :D Posting overseas really is a doddle. People have nothing really to worry about... not even the price. :)

Well-y, well-y, well-y... no sooner had I replied to posts on here this morning, the postie came and stuck a big brown envelope through the letter box...

Thank you sooooo much Cindy!!! They arrived today! And they are absolutely adorable. :manyheart:hug

[ATTACH]47675[/ATTACH]

Wow! Those only took, what, 1 week to get there? And without a hitch! I'm so glad you like them. I've been dying to use That Elephant Square and you were the perfect answer. :manyheart

A great big thanks to Amanda, (nira) I received your square today and it is really beautiful, Thank you so much.

[ATTACH]47688[/ATTACH]

Wow! The post office is being rather efficient considering the holiday weekend! I didn't get to the PO until Thursday at 5:40pm! Glad you like it!

I received my first friendship square today! Thank you rscowtown, the square is beautiful and I love the colors.

I picked up envelopes today and had planned to pack up some squares to take to the post office tomorrow. But I am just way to tired tonight so I will get them packed up tomorrow and then get to the post office.

Archived