Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Here's my colorful square from Sue! LOVE it! Thanks again!

kuddles

Nice Square! :)

I haven't figured out why, but our kids had an earthquake drill at school last week. :think (We live in Nevada.) Weird... :(

I haven't been working on squares lately. Bad me... I am trying to get all my Christmas crocheting done. :ctree:gift Only 46 more days til Christmas!! :yay

Might have had an earthquake drill because they figure better safe than sorry with the weird ones we've had lately. As for Christmas, I'm only making a few things. We generally don't do a lot of gift giving in my family so I'm focusing on the young ones. :) But now that you said it's only 46 more days I'd better get a move on :lol

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the crazy things that have happened and the strange weather this past year has got me to considering that 2012 thing,:lol

It does make one begin to wonder:think

I hear that and second that emotion!!

I was born in the UK, yes, but I left the UK 3 years ago when I met my Swedish other half. :) The UK and Sweden are so far removed from each other its unbelievable. Asking my other half, he doesn't consider Sweden as being continental. It's not in "mainland" Europe, they aren't even part of the Euro currency (still Swedish Kronor). If I'd moved to France, I would agree with you ie. continental... but, nah, in my opinion Sweden doesn't fit in that category. If we hadn't have had our daughter we would be staying in Sweden but from a family and stability p.o.v, we are moving back. My otherhalf has only ever been to the UK once, when he was very young, and, sure, he's aprehensive about it but relishing the prospect as well. He has got to change the way he lives to fit into the societies norm in the UK... just as I had to do when I first moved to Sweden. Once HUGE plus point is that he speaks English live a Native... I, however, speak basic Swedish as its a very different and difficult language to learn as an English speaker. :)

I'd just like to add, thank you everyone for your warm :hug. At the moment, its what I need. :)

wow, that is cool, thanks for explaining that to me, and again, it'll be fine, don't worry!!

on a different note, I have about five squares to do, (new list add'ees, ) at least the ones I can, haven't done any out of the country ones yet, and don't have a lot of cotton, or caron ss, so those will have to wait, but the ones I can and will do, are on the work table, in the "assembly required" state, lol Maybe by the end of the week or so!! great looking sqaures so far everyone! most days the "eye candy " i get on here, is the sweetest part of the day!!

wow, that is cool, thanks for explaining that to me, and again, it'll be fine, don't worry!!

No worries. If people want to ask me questions, I'll always answer them :) And thanks :hug

I haven't figured out why, but our kids had an earthquake drill at school last week. :think (We live in Nevada.) Weird... :(

I haven't been working on squares lately. Bad me... I am trying to get all my Christmas crocheting done. :ctree:gift Only 46 more days til Christmas!! :yay

WHAT??? Only 46 days left??? My baby is going to be 1 year old in just 46 days? :eek I need a smilie with giant tears spouting out like a fountain for this one.

As for the earthquake drills, Nevada has lots of little fault lines all over the state, a few of which are active, so it is probably a good idea to have drills. (check this website out... http://crack.seismo.unr.edu/ftp/pub/updates/louie/graphics/brochure.html )

kuddles

Oooh! Colorful! Love it!

:hug all the luck in the world to you!!

So has anyone figured out why they are having earthquakes in the middle of Oklahoma?? Is there a fault line there?

Hi! Susan ~ :hook

I would say that Oklahoma, as well as the surrounding states, is right between the San Andreas (Calif) fault line and the one that runs on the eastern edge of Missouri (can't remember the name)?? But who knows these days what's going on below the earth's surface, ya know? :think Sunday I was reading on the USGS site http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html, where they keep record of earthquakes, that there were two earthquakes about a week ago at the Pacific-Antarctic Ridge (6.2), and one at the West India-Antarctic(?) area (6.0). While checking my facts just now, Tiawan just had a 6.9 within the past 20 hrs!

I have to agree with a couple of you gals ~ it sure makes you think twice about the 2012 ideas/possibilities.

Our little town, Mindenmines, was a mining town years ago, so we're right on top of a bunch of mines. Not sure I feel real safe during these tremors ~ :eek

I was visiting my cousin in Carson City, Nevada a few years ago and there was an earthquake while I was there.

kuddles

Beautiful square.

Firstly, I realised I hadn't posted the pic of grannyannie's gorgeous squares I had received. So...

post-54070-135897709945_thumb.jpg

Many thanks again :hug

And, ho ho ho, what do we have here? Could it be 4 manilla envelopes of happiness? I think so :lol

post-54070-13589770995_thumb.jpg

Off into town to the postie tomorrow. :yes

Got a lovely 12" square from Mary A. Yeary today!!

Love it! thank you so very much :)

I got one too, thank you Karishma love it, color combo is so pleasing to the eye!! And blue is my favorite color too!! Here's a pic!

[ATTACH]:hug[/ATTACH]

You are both very welcome. I am glad they arrived safely and that you like them. Enjoy:yes

I just finished these squares today, two are 6", an 8" and the circle gets the square is 10"

let's see where they may be heading soon....

I see Michigan, Florida, Missouri and Alabama getting puffies soon as I can package and send em out.

I sent out 4 puffies on the first and haven't seen posts that they were received. Those went to Nebraska, Ohio, another in Nebraska and Minnesota--Ladies did they arrive??

post-53627-135897710219_thumb.jpg

:sigh I have a pile of squares that I made recently that I haven't weaved ends in yet. Guess what I'm doing today! :lol

Have a great day all! :hug

Did you get all your ends woven in? I worked on a butterfly all day! Theses amis are gonna be the death of me! :lol 2 down and 3 to go! I hope to fit some squares in sometime soon!

Got a lovely 12" square from Mary A. Yeary today!!

Love it! thank you so very much :)

Very pretty!

Firstly, I realised I hadn't posted the pic of grannyannie's gorgeous squares I had received. So...

[ATTACH]47498[/ATTACH]

Many thanks again :hug

And, ho ho ho, what do we have here? Could it be 4 manilla envelopes of happiness? I think so :lol

[ATTACH]47499[/ATTACH]

Off into town to the postie tomorrow. :yes

You are very welcome!

I just finished these squares today, two are 6", an 8" and the circle gets the square is 10"

I see Michigan, Florida, Missouri and Alabama getting puffies soon as I can package and send em out.

I sent out 4 puffies on the first and haven't seen posts that they were received. Those went to Nebraska, Ohio, another in Nebraska and Minnesota--Ladies did they arrive??

Gorgeous squares!

Oh Laurel, thank you for refreshing my memory, YES i got your lovely sqaure last week, a camo one, and it will and does fit right in the current friendship ghan row i was working on! Thank you so much, and you have a package coming in the mail as well, and I hope you like it as much as I did mine! Thank you so much, and for jarring my memory!! I entered it in my book of sqaures received, and thought I posted here, but have gone through old posts back to the first of November, and my post isn't there, I can only say im so sorry to keep you waiting and worrying! I love it, thank you so much for thinking of me, and making me a lovely square!!

My high schooler said there was a 4.0 earthquake today, somewhere in Nevada (not sure about the facts on it since I haven't heard anything except from him..). :( I guess I just never thought there would be earthqakes here. I never thought there would be an earthquake in Oklahoma, either; though... :think

I was visiting my cousin in Carson City, Nevada a few years ago and there was an earthquake while I was there.

Sorry, Sue. :hug

:hug

I didn't need to know that. Sigh. :(

:turtle:vheart

Such pretty squares, everyone!!

I have an MIA square that I sent out a week ago too.

I just created this square (with the help of the Frosty the Snowflake pattern) and someone is going to get a Cindy original! Off to check my list.....:D

Very pretty! Someone is going to be very lucky!

:lol No I didn't get all my ends woven in yet. Spent most of the day playing with my son. Gonna finish up after he lays down for sleep.

Nice squares everyone is getting/sending out! :)

Well then, you spent the day doing something much better! :)

My high schooler said there was a 4.0 earthquake today, somewhere in Nevada (not sure about the facts on it since I haven't heard anything except from him..). :( I guess I just never thought there would be earthqakes here. I never thought there would be an earthquake in Oklahoma, either; though... :think

Sorry, Sue. :hug

Such pretty squares, everyone!!

Piqued my interest on the Nevada Quake and I looked it up. You're son was right. Here's a link to a news story from the LA Times. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/earthquake-40-quake-strikes-near-eureka-nv-yr8mll.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lanowblog+%28L.A.+Now%29

I'm not even going to think of 2012 :lol (Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts, la de da de da) :rofl

Archived