Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hiya all,

Just checking in.

Sorry I haven't been around recently. I haven't picked up my hook for a few days other than something Nira has been helping me with.

Baby has been difficult, I've been depressed and stressed trying to think of ways of moving from one country to another (Sweden to UK) and I think I just buckled under it.

This week, I'm taking the list and sitting down and making a load of squares to send out to you lovely ladies.

Hope everyone is ok.

:hug

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally finished with the Teacup Doll Angel for DGD in her flag twirling

costume. I posted a picture under Dolls in the Show and Tell catagories.

I posted 9 pkgs of squares this morning, so be on the lookout:cheer.

Only a few more and the list will be complete!

Sue, I will need a list for the new ones. will send PM.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey, did any of my neighbors feel the earthquake saturday night.

I did, my bed really rocked. :think

I totally felt it, I wasnt sure until someone confirmed it for me yesterday I think Ive gotten used to them, atleast the little ones. I DONT want to feel a big one.

Boy, I don't either. I just layed there waiting for an aftershock. none came. The CNN news said this morning that there could still be aftershocks. :eek

Will do Sue. I'll PM you with my new address at the end of December. That gives a month for any stragglers to reach me in Sweden and for ppl to be updated too. :)

Jeez, moving country with a baby and a whole apartment to try and sell / package is hard. :(

:hug

Ooohhh, going to head over to Show and Tell now to check it out!

distinctives123 just PM'd me with his new address and to say that he has no internet so if you send him a square it might take awhile for him to say thanks! :)

:turtle:vheart

What was the earthquake's epicenter? How big was it? How far out was it felt? I grew up in SoCal so I'm a pro at earthquakes!

I got a square from katyallen today. Yay! :cheer It is a 12-incher, which I am glad for because I only have 2 of those so far. It is also really soft. So, overall, a great square! :manyheart

post-48303-135897709785_thumb.jpg

Hey! we felt the earthquake tremors, too, here in Barton County, Missouri! Hubby's brother lives in Lawson, Missouri way up north about 3 hrs from us, and they all felt it, too! This was hubby's first earthquake ~ :D I was raised in southern California, so this is ol' stuff to me ~ :lol (almost forgot what they felt like :P)

What was the earthquake's epicenter? How big was it? How far out was it felt? I grew up in SoCal so I'm a pro at earthquakes!

I got a square from katyallen today. Yay! :cheer It is a 12-incher, which I am glad for because I only have 2 of those so far. It is also really soft. So, overall, a great square! :manyheart

I not sure, but I think they said the epicenter was Oklahoma City.

Don't quote me on that, but it was in Oklahoma.

Great square! I got two done today. Was gonna do 4 but didn't feel like weaving in anymore ends! :lol So they are on tomorrows to do list. Hopefully will get them to the PO before the end of the week. I'm also going to try to go to walmart and pick out some new yarn for my next sbt. I don't have what I want in my current stash :( Hopefully he agrees!

For those in the earthquake - hopefully nothing got damaged and you won't have any aftershocks! :hug

We are moving because we feel that we will have a better life in the UK and a better life for our 3 month old daughter. We will be with my family and she will have her cousins (3 yr old and the other is 2 months older than her). Its a big decision to make but after weighing up all the pros and cons of both countries, thats what we have decided. :)

:hug all the luck in the world to you!!

So has anyone figured out why they are having earthquakes in the middle of Oklahoma?? Is there a fault line there?

I haven't figured out why, but our kids had an earthquake drill at school last week. :think (We live in Nevada.) Weird... :(

So has anyone figured out why they are having earthquakes in the middle of Oklahoma?? Is there a fault line there?

I haven't been working on squares lately. Bad me... I am trying to get all my Christmas crocheting done. :ctree:gift Only 46 more days til Christmas!! :yay

:hi I'm almost done with my son's blanket then I hope to get a few squares done this week.

@skoggy - Moving sucks! Hope everything goes well with your move and I'm here when you want to start working on the problem again. :):hug

@katiebug - hope his surgery goes well.

@katyallen - I do a little of both too! Sometimes I feel like working with a certain color and find someone to match that or I find someone on the list I feel like making a square for!

@everyone - I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a wonderful week coming up!

yEAH, me too, funny how sometimes you just FEEL like using a certain color, or color combo! And you have to sort of "scratch" that itch for it to subside!!

We are moving because we feel that we will have a better life in the UK and a better life for our 3 month old daughter. We will be with my family and she will have her cousins (3 yr old and the other is 2 months older than her). Its a big decision to make but after weighing up all the pros and cons of both countries, thats what we have decided. :)

Just curious again, the UK is your home, where you were born?, and if so, wondering how one ends up in Swedon, to me that is so continental, countries so condensed it's like crossing state borders here in the states, instead of countries, Im not explaining this well, my apologies, just lets hope all goes well, and you get moved quickly, and easily and are back with your family soon! i admire your making a tough decision, and it will all work out!

Katiebug, I hope the surgery goes well. :hug

Katy, cute puppy!!

Emma, good luck with the move. I hope it makes your life with your family wonderful! Don't forget to update me ASAP with your new address. Especially since it takes weeks to get over the pond. :hug

Lacey, glad you're feeling better.

:turtle:vheart

Yes, she is a cute little girl, full of personality, and pep!

I not sure, but I think they said the epicenter was Oklahoma City.

Don't quote me on that, but it was in Oklahoma.

I heard it was about 60 miles east of Ok. City, so puts it right outside of Shawnee Ok. Who knows, an earthquake is bad, n o matter where it "lands" no pun intended there! Crazy stuff going on all over the world, sort of lends a little bit of credibility to the whole 2012 thing, spooky, isn't it!:eek

All the crazy things that have happened and the strange weather this past year has got me to considering that 2012 thing,:lol

It does make one begin to wonder:think

Very pretty!

I got an awesome square from CindySweet Things!

It's the first square I've gotten for my friendshipghan!

Thanks so much Cindy! Love it :)

Hugs!!!

Great square!!!

Here's my colorful square from Sue! LOVE it! Thanks again!

kuddles

Beautiful!!!

I haven't figured out why, but our kids had an earthquake drill at school last week. :think (We live in Nevada.) Weird... :(

I haven't been working on squares lately. Bad me... I am trying to get all my Christmas crocheting done. :ctree:gift Only 46 more days til Christmas!! :yay

I've been working on Christmas things too. OMG, there aren't enough days left! :eek:lol

I got an awesome square from CindySweet Things!

It's the first square I've gotten for my friendshipghan!

Thanks so much Cindy! Love it :)

Hugs!!!

AWESOME square!!! congrats on your first :yay

Just curious again, the UK is your home, where you were born?, and if so, wondering how one ends up in Swedon, to me that is so continental, countries so condensed it's like crossing state borders here in the states, instead of countries, Im not explaining this well, my apologies, just lets hope all goes well, and you get moved quickly, and easily and are back with your family soon! i admire your making a tough decision, and it will all work out!

I was born in the UK, yes, but I left the UK 3 years ago when I met my Swedish other half. :) The UK and Sweden are so far removed from each other its unbelievable. Asking my other half, he doesn't consider Sweden as being continental. It's not in "mainland" Europe, they aren't even part of the Euro currency (still Swedish Kronor). If I'd moved to France, I would agree with you ie. continental... but, nah, in my opinion Sweden doesn't fit in that category. If we hadn't have had our daughter we would be staying in Sweden but from a family and stability p.o.v, we are moving back. My otherhalf has only ever been to the UK once, when he was very young, and, sure, he's aprehensive about it but relishing the prospect as well. He has got to change the way he lives to fit into the societies norm in the UK... just as I had to do when I first moved to Sweden. One HUGE plus point is that he speaks English like a Native... I, however, speak basic Swedish as its a very different and difficult language to learn as an English speaker. :)

I'd just like to add, thank you everyone for your warm :hug. At the moment, its what I need. :)

Archived