Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hello All!

Welcome Skoggy ! :cheer

I finaly heard back form the doctor. It is in fact kidney stones :( So they need me to come in tomorrow and probly a few more times...... but im just gonna have to keep on movin and take pain pills when needed, i guess. Onto a life long battle with them I suppose :bang

Oh that sucks! Hopefully it won't be a war but a onetime battle. Best of luck and I hope it resolves quickly. :hug

I'm going to try to sneak to the PO today and mail out the 2 squares that are shouting to go out! Lovely lapghan, square and pin Sopo!

I hope everyone has a great day!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squeeee... :woo

Got the list and am now added. Can't wait to get involved in this CAL.

(Sorry if I seem a bit excited but I do have my reasons. I've lived in Sweden for the last 3 years and the only person I've had for company is my otherhalf and 1 of our neighbours. That'll all change when we move to the UK but until then I'm looking forward to making squares, sending them out and making someone happy.)

Sorry to hear that some have been under the weather. Hope that there will be sunshine heading to you soon. :hug

Hi to the newbies! Hope everyone is feeling better today. Finally got a picture of the square and angel magnet Tam sent me. Thanks again, Tam! :hug My dd tried taking it as she loved the pattern and the feel of it.

Also, posting a picture of the lapghan Lil_hippie and I did for my dad's birthday. He loved it. This is my first time at making a squares 'ghan. I used the flat braid join and have to say a big :ty for everyone that recommended it. I absolutely love it and enjoyed putting the squares together. :U

Now gotta get busy on my mom's. :hook

Just beautiful!!!!

I finaly heard back form the doctor. It is in fact kidney stones :( So they need me to come in tomorrow and probly a few more times...... but im just gonna have to keep on movin and take pain pills when needed, i guess. Onto a life long battle with them I suppose :bang

:hug:hug

(Sorry if I seem a bit excited but I do have my reasons. I've lived in Sweden for the last 3 years and the only person I've had for company is my otherhalf and 1 of our neighbours. That'll all change when we move to the UK but until then I'm looking forward to making squares, sending them out and making someone happy.)

Sorry to hear that some have been under the weather. Hope that there will be sunshine heading to you soon. :hug

Welcome Skoggy!!! This is such a great place. I know you will :manyheart it here!!

Hope all is having a good week. Just talked to step=dad on phone. Cancer in lung has shrunk from 1 an 1/2" to 1". will keep on with chemo and all. Been working hard on his afghan but life just keeps getting in the way.

:hug

No reason to be sorry. I live an hour from family and no close neighbors. So DH is my main contact other doctors, lol! The wonderful people on Crochetville are my social outlet and keep me sane! :lol You're going to love it here! :hug

Hope all is having a good week. Just talked to step=dad on phone. Cancer in lung has shrunk from 1 an 1/2" to 1". will keep on with chemo and all. Been working hard on his afghan but life just keeps getting in the way.

Will keep praying for step dad. Glad to hear the the cancer has shrunk.:hug

I got a beautiful and soft square from Baseballmom today! I love the colors. She also included a nice card with pattern and yarn info on it. I always like that :) I almost didn't check my mail today because I had a friend hanging out today. Glad I did. I told her she was good luck because the last time she hung out over here I got a square that day too! I also included a picture of the my squares so far. I'm thinking of doing 5 squares by 6 squares and assembling them in the order I received them.

I hope everyone has a good day and just a reminder (in case you missed the thread) National Yarn day is on the 14th! :yay

post-48941-135897703183_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897703187_thumb.jpg

I got a beautiful and soft square from Baseballmom today! I love the colors. She also included a nice card with pattern and yarn info on it. I always like that :) I almost didn't check my mail today because I had a friend hanging out today. Glad I did. I told her she was good luck because the last time she hung out over here I got a square that day too! I also included a picture of the my squares so far. I'm thinking of doing 5 squares by 6 squares and assembling them in the order I received them.

I hope everyone has a good day and just a reminder (in case you missed the thread) National Yarn day is on the 14th! :yay

Beautiful square! They all look so nice!

Hi everyone and welcome Skoggy (and any other new people I might have missed). I was crocheting some squares yesterday; but selfishly, for my own afghan. :blush I do have one to send out, but I need an updated list please, Sue? Amanda, your squares are all so pretty. :)

Morning!!! :flower I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!! I have been working on charity squares for the last few weeks using up some of my scraps. The state okay our building and me so I can start teaching a certified nurses aide class!! I'm so nervous and excited!

Sue....can you send me another list???

You are in my prayers dear! I hope this will pass for you soon:):hug here is a hug:)

:hug

No reason to be sorry. I live an hour from family and no close neighbors. So DH is my main contact other doctors, lol! The wonderful people on Crochetville are my social outlet and keep me sane! :lol You're going to love it here! :hug

Will keep praying for step dad. Glad to hear the the cancer has shrunk.:hug

Thank you so much!!!

Such a beautiful flower square!! All of your squares are so pretty and will make a nice friendship-ghan!!!

Morning!!! :flower I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!! I have been working on charity squares for the last few weeks using up some of my scraps. The state okay our building and me so I can start teaching a certified nurses aide class!! I'm so nervous and excited!

Sue....can you send me another list???

:cheer Congrats!!!

Nice squares everyone! I have a missing in action square, or an MIAS. Both recipient and sender, (me) are awaiting arrival of said MIAS. Hopefully, now knowing we know of it's errant ways of wandering, it will rush to recipient without further ado! These sqaures, sometimes, you have to use tough love, eh!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

How is everyone?

Boy have I missed alot! I have been so busy with my son home for his visit... I have barely been on the computer! I know you all understand... but I am still sorry for not being around! There are some seriously pretty squares being made ladies!!! Great Job!!!

I have been working on my new online store a bit more... trying to get patterns written so I can get them tested... and spending all the rest of my time with my family! Oh... goodness... we had such a fun time at Chuck E Cheese last weekend! All my kids... and all my grandbabies!! It was fantastic!

I was able to get a picture of all 6 of my kids standing together... but the grandbabies .... well... they dont stand still well in a Chuck E Cheese... LOL... who can blame them though! So... a pic of them will have to come some other time! :)

post-18634-135897703268_thumb.jpg

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸My Babies¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

The tallest one is the 15yr old... then my two older sons...the one on the far right in back is my son that is in the Navy and is home till Nov. 2

Omgoodness it is so nice to have him here!!!

Then my beautiful daughter and my two youngest boys! Everytime I look at this picture... I get all teary eyed.... I cant believe how grown up and perfect they are!

Well... my washer is yelling... so need to go tend to the laundry.

you all have a fantastic day!

:manyheart and :hugs to all... and prayers where they are needed!

:heart

:mug

I love this!!! I'm new here to crochetville and I figure I'll start by sending out squares. I pm'd but I figured I'd post here to just to say hi. HI :) :) :) I'd really like to make a friendship-ghan and I'd love for it to be groovy. So,I don't know if it makes it easy or not, I'm guessing more a color thing. I'm not particular about what pattern the squares are or what size (from 2-12 inches or anywhere in between ) I'm more interested in the groovy colors. You know what I'm talkin about all the ugly, but great colors from the old kitchen floors and appliances. Even a little flair would be welcome :) I'm so excited:) I love the RAOK way of things too. I make things for charity and it would be great to contribute to friends too. I've always wanted to make a friendship-ghan....but I'm the only one I know who crochets, till you all :) Anyway, I'm off to making squares........

Hello, just wanted to check in. I am still battling with this darn kidney stone. Next week on Thursday I go in for surgery! Not looking forward to that but better than having my kidney shut down instead.:hug

Penny

Hello, just wanted to check in. I am still battling with this darn kidney stone. Next week on Thursday I go in for surgery! Not looking forward to that but better than having my kidney shut down instead.:hug

Penny

:hug Hoping everything goes well! Keep us updated when you can and know we are thinking about you and sending healing wishes your way. :)

:hug it will feel better once those little buggers are out of there....

Penny

Tammy...what a gorgeous family you have!! You have got to be so proud!

:hug hang in there!!!

I love this!!! I'm new here to crochetville and I figure I'll start by sending out squares. I pm'd but I figured I'd post here to just to say hi. HI :) :) :) I'd really like to make a friendship-ghan and I'd love for it to be groovy. So,I don't know if it makes it easy or not, I'm guessing more a color thing. I'm not particular about what pattern the squares are or what size (from 2-12 inches or anywhere in between ) I'm more interested in the groovy colors. You know what I'm talkin about all the ugly, but great colors from the old kitchen floors and appliances. Even a little flair would be welcome :) I'm so excited:) I love the RAOK way of things too. I make things for charity and it would be great to contribute to friends too. I've always wanted to make a friendship-ghan....but I'm the only one I know who crochets, till you all :) Anyway, I'm off to making squares........

Welcome!

Penny

:hug You'll feel better after it's out. :hug

I love this!!! I'm new here to crochetville and I figure I'll start by sending out squares. I pm'd but I figured I'd post here to just to say hi. HI :) :) :) I'd really like to make a friendship-ghan and I'd love for it to be groovy. So,I don't know if it makes it easy or not, I'm guessing more a color thing. I'm not particular about what pattern the squares are or what size (from 2-12 inches or anywhere in between ) I'm more interested in the groovy colors. You know what I'm talkin about all the ugly, but great colors from the old kitchen floors and appliances. Even a little flair would be welcome :) I'm so excited:) I love the RAOK way of things too. I make things for charity and it would be great to contribute to friends too. I've always wanted to make a friendship-ghan....but I'm the only one I know who crochets, till you all :) Anyway, I'm off to making squares........ Welcome to the 'ville and this fun group!

You're gonna love it here!!! :D

Penny Oh honey... so sorry to hear this! Will be praying for you! Feel better real soon!

:hug it will feel better once those little buggers are out of there....

Tammy...what a gorgeous family you have!! You have got to be so proud! Thanks darlin'..... I sure am!!!

ahhh... a fresh cup of coffee and relaxing after a noisy night of all 4 of my boys being crazy! they sure had fun though... I'm glad its bed time now... LOL peace and quiet! I love the noise too though... hearing my babies be together is the best ever!

well... off to dig through my stash for more crochet projects!

have a great night all

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

[ATTACH]46366[/ATTACH]

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸My Babies¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

The tallest one is the 15yr old... then my two older sons...the one on the far right in back is my son that is in the Navy and is home till Nov. 2

Omgoodness it is so nice to have him here!!!

Then my beautiful daughter and my two youngest boys! Everytime I look at this picture... I get all teary eyed.... I cant believe how grown up and perfect they are!

Well... my washer is yelling... so need to go tend to the laundry.

you all have a fantastic day!

:manyheart and :hugs to all... and prayers where they are needed!

Oh my goodness! You sure DO have a beautiful family!!! Enjoy every second you have!!!

:welcomeaboard!! Let me get this right...ALL colors welcomed?!? LOL!!!

Nice squares everyone! I have a missing in action square, or an MIAS. Both recipient and sender, (me) are awaiting arrival of said MIAS. Hopefully, now knowing we know of it's errant ways of wandering, it will rush to recipien:manyheartt without further ado! These sqaures, sometimes, you have to use tough love, eh!
:think

Katyallen-- I sure hope it isn't me you're waiting on... I haven't gotten one that I haven't acknowledged. Sometimes it takes me a bit but I always try to let the sender know how much I appreciate their time/work/money/heart/ thoughtfulness that went into what I recieved. So if ANYONE didn't see or missed an acknowledgement from me--please let me know so I can make sure you know how well you ARE appreciated!!!

Penny

:hug Many prayers going up for you!!! and yes--think how much better you will feel when they are gone!!!!

Not much time for :crocheting today...got lots of cleaning to do. Going to son's house tomorrow for grilling and watching the game as well as taking DD shopping. Church all day Sunday (special day) and DH comes home Monday!!!! :clap:clap

I only have 2 more squares left to make and edge and then I can join them all together for Arthur's ghan!!! :yes

Then to get the special squares others have asked for on here, then I can go back to working on the list. Especially all the newbies!!! :lol WELCOME, WELCOME!!!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!!!

Archived