Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:garden been busy playing in my new 'bee' garden!! I'm so excited, I finally finished it yesterday. I almost got my friend KK's comfort-ghan done! I am waiting for a few more squares, I left the bottom row but I think I'm going to start the border tonight. She has but off surgery since she is about to have her first grandchild!

Sorry Brenda. I think I"m all over the place. :P Don't even spend as much time in the tote cal. Maybe lurking more than not. Or I think I'll post later and then forget. :lol

Have been little bit in the purse/tote swap. Mostly outside with my horse or working. Been doing a few gifts here and there.

I've sent out a few squares last week but never heard if they made it. It gets kind of depressing if you never even hear if they arrive. :(

I need to get on the ball and get some more out anyway. I have just about got my swap package wrapped up so can get back to it.

Oh, and I know Lil_hippie's computer went kaput so she hasn't been on much lately. :(

I'll try to check in better. How are you doing?

I know summer is here and everyone gets super busy with all the outdoor activities and vacations.

:hugI understand it being depressing when you don't hear if your squares arrive or not. I have mailed to everyone on the list and haven't heard anything from 6 people, 4 of those have been in the last 3 months. I have found that most respond eventually.......they just haven't been on because of life events. Some have sent thank you cards in the mail which take longer. (I really enjoyed the card and little blue bird you sent me. I keep the bird on a shelf in the living room so I see it all the time and think of you.)

Sorry to hear about Lil-hippie's computer. I hold my breath every day with ours. I know I need to replace it but just hate to go shopping for one since they are outdated by the time you take it out of the box.

Just got back from the eye dr. so my eyes are still a little wierd. He always does a few extra tests on me as he is monitoring me for glaucoma.

The Square Mom never really disappears. :lol I'll be checking in you all of you from time to time this week. Today we're heading to Marathon and Islamorada. Going to Theater on the Sea and the Turtle Hospital. Picking up a friend that I use to work with at the Center and she's going to spend the day with us. :)

:turtle:vheart

I know The Square Mom always keeps at least one eye on us. Hope you are having a great time. We don't get away much so I live vicariously through your travels.

[ATTACH]40530[/ATTACH]

Stay safe ...warm or cool... and dry!

:heart

:mug

Hope you are high and dry. We are not terribly far from the MO river but far enough away that we won't be greatly impacted. Jim has a friend that lives too close to it and gets flooded almost every other year.

:garden been busy playing in my new 'bee' garden!! I'm so excited, I finally finished it yesterday. I almost got my friend KK's comfort-ghan done! I am waiting for a few more squares, I left the bottom row but I think I'm going to start the border tonight. She has but off surgery since she is about to have her first grandchild!

So you made a garden to attract bees? Most people do butterfly or hummingbird gardens. We have kept bees or tried to keep bees for the past 13 years. They just don't do so well anymore. Did you get enough squares for the comfortghan? If you didn't let me know and I can make more.

Hello! I think I may be able to start making squares again if my shoulder will allow it!

Sue-hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Make sure you give your shoulder time to heal and don't overdo it but I am glad you checked in.

Oh my goodness! I got a Friendship Square in the mail today. :eek I haven't been on here in forever (in this thread, at least..) Thank you so much, Supermom! You totally made my whole week/month/summer, you have no idea!!... :hug :hug:hug:hug:hug

post-20-135897667062_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness! I got a Friendship Square in the mail today. :eek I haven't been on here in forever (in this thread, at least..) Thank you so much, Supermom! You totally made my whole week/month/summer, you have no idea!!... :hug :hug:hug:hug:hug

That's a pretty square!

Brenda, So glad you like your bird. :hug

Trish, Good to see you here! :)

Tina, nice square!

Tina....wonderful, bright square!! LoVe It!

Brenda....SAVE THE BEES!!! I'd love to have a hive but dh and the community wont' allow it so I've set on attracting them! I'm so jealous at you keeping bees! My nephew's girlfriend works for a bee company, fascinating! I just planted a 14 by 5 foot patch full of daisies, black-eye Susan's (just for dh...LOL) lupine, salvia, delphinium, tickweed, bee balm and anything else I can think of! I"m going to spread the plants through the neighborhood. I"ve already seen 2 large lupine plants and scattered daisies on the lot next to us from last years seed pods and I"ve found several people at work live close to me....

Brenda....SAVE THE BEES!!! I'd love to have a hive but dh and the community wont' allow it so I've set on attracting them! I'm so jealous at you keeping bees! My nephew's girlfriend works for a bee company, fascinating! I just planted a 14 by 5 foot patch full of daisies, black-eye Susan's (just for dh...LOL) lupine, salvia, delphinium, tickweed, bee balm and anything else I can think of! I"m going to spread the plants through the neighborhood. I"ve already seen 2 large lupine plants and scattered daisies on the lot next to us from last years seed pods and I"ve found several people at work live close to me....

They loved my hollyhocks, and those self seed also

Yes, I keep one eye on you rascals! :lol Having a blast. Went to Theater of the Sea. Really cool. Lots of pictures. Iguanas every where!! :)

You're welcome!

When we first started with bees we purchased 2 packages and then a friend gave us a split off of one of his hives. At that time the colonies would build up and you would have to split them. At one time between the splits and catching swarms we had 15 which was getting to be more work than we could handle. Then they all died except for one. We have bought a few more packages to keep trying but it has been a real struggle and the price on the packages has gone up so much that we don't want to buy anymore.

We don't treat the yard for weeds and welcome the dandelions and dutch clover as the bees love them.......one person's weed is another person's wild flower. They also get a lot of pollen from trees that you may not think about because you don't see a big showy flower. In this area maples are important because they are one of the earliest sources of pollen.

Yes, I keep one eye on you rascals! :lol Having a blast. Went to Theater of the Sea. Really cool. Lots of pictures. Iguanas every where!! :)

Oh, it sounds like so much fun!

BTW, we have a new person joining and Mom w/a Motif has a new address. I will update the list when I get home! :)

Send me the list after you get it updated.

Gram fell and broke her hip yesterday.. Mom said that someone may have to go live with her for a while or something.. nothing has yet been set in stone.. I'd rather live with her than go on mom's planned trip to visit her family for my cousin's wedding. Oh yeah.. and the bro.. hes going in to the hospital too.. though to get a CAT scan to see if he has ulcers or something. Everyone is.. sour today. >.<

Gram fell and broke her hip yesterday.. Mom said that someone may have to go live with her for a while or something.. nothing has yet been set in stone.. I'd rather live with her than go on mom's planned trip to visit her family for my cousin's wedding. Oh yeah.. and the bro.. hes going in to the hospital too.. though to get a CAT scan to see if he has ulcers or something. Everyone is.. sour today. >.<

:hug sounds like you have your hands full!

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. My husband's Grandma did that, a few months ago. She lives in Michigan, so I couldn't go see her. Just phone calls. I hope your Grandma's recovery time goes fast. :)

:rainbow

I thought I would post a picture of all my squares I have recieved so far. :manyheart I had a few of them edged, and started edging some more last night. But I just took a picture with them all laid out (so I can remember how I wanted them, too.) :P I kind of cut off the purple square on the bottom :blush, so I could get my puppy in the picture, too. :D (She's a Border Collie/Blue Heeler mix, 5 months old next Tuesday. Her name is Jetta.)

post-20-135897667247_thumb.jpg

Awww..Squares looking good..Jetta is really ADORABLE!!!..I have a year old Border Collie/Mutt mix..His name is Dusty...And we're trying to rehome a Border Collie/Mutt/Wolf mix..He's 2 months old...I call him a BORED WOLF!!!!..lol...

I thought I would post a picture of all my squares I have recieved so far. :manyheart I had a few of them edged, and started edging some more last night. But I just took a picture with them all laid out (so I can remember how I wanted them, too.) :P I kind of cut off the purple square on the bottom :blush, so I could get my puppy in the picture, too. :D (She's a Border Collie/Blue Heeler mix, 5 months old next Tuesday. Her name is Jetta.)

Is it too late to get in on the fun? I would love to start a friendship ghan. I'm thinking about 8' squares in neutral colors. I will check out everyone else's list and send some along.

Thank you. We think she's adorable, too. :P We wanted another Border Collie. (Although she is nothing like our last one.) Dusty sounds cute. I like that, bored wolf.. :P

Awww..Squares looking good..Jetta is really ADORABLE!!!..I have a year old Border Collie/Mutt mix..His name is Dusty...And we're trying to rehome a Border Collie/Mutt/Wolf mix..He's 2 months old...I call him a BORED WOLF!!!!..lol...

Archived