Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

so I get to go shopping wednesday and not for fun stuff like yarn. I have to get a dress for my DD wedding. ugh me in a dress and having to try them on....I may need a yarn shopping trip to sooth my temper. I hate clothes shopping

Its like me and shoe shopping (I wear an 11), we don't get along. I'm with you, send me yarn shopping any day! :lol

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ Sue I don't have any yet

@Brenda and Penny. You have to join a yahoo group ....for charity...by krochetkrystal

I have known how to get the pattern if I wanted and that by accepting it you are supposed to make one to mail back for her charity afghans. Did you have any problems in making your squares? I have read a few posts where some people had problems and never figured it out. I know you can get help through the yahoo group.

so I get to go shopping wednesday and not for fun stuff like yarn. I have to get a dress for my DD wedding. ugh me in a dress and having to try them on....I may need a yarn shopping trip to sooth my temper. I hate clothes shopping

I hate clothes shopping too especially when you have to find something special. Good luck on your dress hunt!

One of the girls calls me the Ambassador since I'm always being "kidnapped" by visitors to answer questions. She said I should wear a turtle suit, which isn't funny since we do have one! :lol

It's great when someone like you will take the time to answer questions. You learn so much more that way. We love to go to the zoo in KC when they are doing the keeper chats. It's really interesting to hear about the keepers' personal experience with the animals they are caring for.

Sue in a turtle suit :think:think

@ Sue and Susan Thank you so much I will watch the mailbox

@ Evelyn I will get a couple squares out to you. I have found that it is the same price to mail two squares versus one.

@ Sheila any pink, grey black, or even varigated...Im cool with anything I will blend it into a blanket

@ Sopo Thanks for resending, the post office should pay the postage for making the mistake

@ Brenda and others who asked....About the daisy square.. Yes you do have to mail one back for charity. I did that today. The square is not difficult, but the directions are difficult to understand. Once you are accepted into the group there is a video that is awesome. The only thing is the video works half the time. I am very happy to help anyone figure it out.

Thanks Ladies

It's great when someone like you will take the time to answer questions. You learn so much more that way. We love to go to the zoo in KC when they are doing the keeper chats. It's really interesting to hear about the keepers' personal experience with the animals they are caring for.

Sue in a turtle suit :think:think

There's a little girl that comes in every couple weeks with her grandparents (they have an annual pass). She's 5 and wants to be a vet. Her grandma was shocked that not only did I remember her from last time, but remembered what she named her stuff turtle they bought in the gift shop. I love to talk about what we do and turtles in general. :)

Me in a turtle suit would probably scare more people away! :rofl

I think I'm going to start another blanket :think But I'm not entirely sure what kind I want to do :blush I'm thinking I may do a hodgepodge blanket (I think that's what they're called) and just use up part of the yarn i have and put random patterns in it. Or, make up and bunch of different squares (again) with different patterns and them hook them all together :ohdear decisions, decisions...

hey sue i wear an 11 also!!

We need big feet to keep us balanced with our large brains. :D

I think I'm going to start another blanket :think But I'm not entirely sure what kind I want to do :blush I'm thinking I may do a hodgepodge blanket (I think that's what they're called) and just use up part of the yarn i have and put random patterns in it. Or, make up and bunch of different squares (again) with different patterns and them hook them all together :ohdear decisions, decisions...

Welcome back Katie!!

There's a little girl that comes in every couple weeks with her grandparents (they have an annual pass). She's 5 and wants to be a vet. Her grandma was shocked that not only did I remember her from last time, but remembered what she named her stuff turtle they bought in the gift shop. I love to talk about what we do and turtles in general. :)

Me in a turtle suit would probably scare more people away! :rofl

That's great and it really means a lot. Educating the public can be almost as important as the actual work you do with the turtles because people are more apt to support something they have a connection with.

You in a turtle suit might be a good Halloween event!

We need big feet to keep us balanced with our large brains. :D

My niece wears a size 11 also and her grandpa always tells her you got to have a good foundation to keep from tipping over.......never said anything about a large brain...... will have to pass that one on to her. :yes

I'm looking for a pattern for a butterfly square, any kind of butterfly! :D I want to attempt some different kinds of the patterns, but i have no idea where to find them :blush If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, thanks!

I'm looking for a pattern for a butterfly square, any kind of butterfly! :D I want to attempt some different kinds of the patterns, but i have no idea where to find them :blush If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, thanks!

I just got my crochet world magazine today and there is a pattern for a butterfly afghan in it. its made in blocks april 2011

I had a bad day today. My little red footed tortoise, Homer, died this morning. I'm heart broken. I've been talking on and off to my boss/friend trying to figure out what happened. He was the runt, only 1/2 the size of his clutch mates and never really got big. I had adopted his sibling a couple weeks ago and Homer was only about 1/3 of his size. Plus he hatched with a deformed shell. At least he died loved, warm and fed. :(

I had a bad day today. My little red footed tortoise, Homer, died this morning. I'm heart broken. I've been talking on and off to my boss/friend trying to figure out what happened. He was the runt, only 1/2 the size of his clutch mates and never really got big. I had adopted his sibling a couple weeks ago and Homer was only about 1/3 of his size. Plus he hatched with a deformed shell. At least he died loved, warm and fed. :(

Sorry to hear the sad news :( but yes, atleast he was loved

Oh Sue, I am so sorry you lost one of your babies. I am guessing he might have had some internal "birth" defects as well. :hug:hug:hug

I'm sorry to hear about your turtle Sue. At least we was warm, happy, and had a loving home while he was alive.

Maybe it was some sort of rare turtle birth defect? I don't know much about animals, but it's the only thing I could possable think of...I'm sorry again

I'm super happy! :c9 My husband is on his way home from either Indy or Omaha (i can't remember which :think) and isn't goin back out on the road!!! :manyheart He'll be home in a few hours, and I can't sleep, even tho I know I need to...Darn excitement makin my insomnia act up! :crocheting But that's ok tho, I'm crocheting and web surfing to keep me busy! Can hardly wait for Ken to get home :heart

Thanks. We know when sea turtle hatchlings are brought in with the deformed shell it means they weren't ready to hatch yet and usually die. I was hoping since Homer lasted this long (9 months) he would have made it longer. :(

I'm super happy! :c9 My husband is on his way home from either Indy or Omaha (i can't remember which :think) and isn't goin back out on the road!!! :manyheart He'll be home in a few hours, and I can't sleep, even tho I know I need to...Darn excitement makin my insomnia act up! :crocheting But that's ok tho, I'm crocheting and web surfing to keep me busy! Can hardly wait for Ken to get home :heart

:cheer

Sorry Sue. That would be hard when they are that old. :( Poor little guy.

Katiebug, congrats to you as that's great news.

Archived